hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 3: Game of incest and fancy hats

I'm grateful.

I do think next game perhaps we should turn off player hostile schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    Nah we left you alone and focused on an orgy of murder on each other.
    Someone could bang his big milkers wife tho.

someone stream next game so i can watch plz xx
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    someone stream next game so i can watch plz xx
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/739106865

Normally I'd say stop being a big gay babby about intrigue but last session confirmed how ridiculously OP Intrigue is right now.

Chainmurdering PCs isn't "intrigue".

Intrigue line gets you free kills ad nauseam.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Playing as a huge threat starting off as a raiding horde kingdom (when the rest of us where merely douchies), swinging your big mongolian dick into Constantinople and raiding other lands might have had something to do with your sudden family demise? IDK just airing the impossible string of cause and effect here guyse, I COULD BE WRONG

Right but that doesn’t account for LobbyZ.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Nothing accounts for LobbyZ

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Nothing accounts for LobbyZ

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Chainmurdering PCs isn't "intrigue".
    so, here's the thing with what happened to me. The only reason people got me so many times in a chain is because I screwed up. I revoked a ton of shit and built up tyranny, my vassals and court HATED me, and that allowed the stabbing. Once my main character was dead it was all child rulers with massive opinion malus's because my earlier ruler was hated, so getting agents on me was simple.

My demise was 100% due to my impatience and revoking instead of stabbing my brothers, or going through other, less quick but safer routes. If you have a court that likes you you can protect yourself easily enough.

Ok, so to actually put this out there as you guys clearly didnt notice:
    Personal intrigue skill has near-zero input to ability to kill other people.
    Their opinions from their court are 99% of the probability input.

I killed two players with my 0-intrigue 4-intrigue spymaster character. I've only killed one player with my heavily intrigue focused character.

Banning player plots will stop it, but you not being terrible at managing your vassals is a big game mechanic.
    I will happily be released from having to respect my tyrrany if you guys are all ok with it, but we shouldnt be changing a rule based on lack of understanding of game mechanics.
    If we do, I promise I will fuck my way into your dynasty being broken through replacing your traits with mine, and you wont be able to kill the new kid because the rule applies to YOUR OWN FAMILY TOO.

TL/DR
    Salt mines opened last session?

Banning intrigue is dumb.

Just dont be a complete dick and chain murder someone out of the game. If you do, then you get chucked out from playing.

If you put a total ban on intrigue, then whats the point of playing in multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Just dont be a complete dick
    sums it up pretty well

But i'm still taking precautions and not keeping any carpets.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Playing as a huge threat starting off as a raiding horde kingdom (when the rest of us where merely douchies), swinging your big mongolian dick into Constantinople and raiding other lands might have had something to do with your sudden family demise? IDK just airing the impossible string of cause and effect here guyse, I COULD BE WRONG
    Well, in all fairness it did work. Killed all my good rulers and I had no choice but to BEND DA KNEE to ze emprah or get crushed by Khazaria or Moldova. It's not so bad, he's not de jure to me and I'm tribal so he gets very little. Rrrrr-right?

Still if this current ruler I'm as dies my dynasty is probably out since Elriche will inherit Hungary lol

That being said it still feels pretty impossible to defend against assassination unless you have huge dip skill. Also, when my intelligent heir died I killed Bents intelligent character out of vengeance as I thought it was him for some reason and since he was a child I was easily able to kill him.

The AI does not seem to plot as much against their liege as players. In single player you can easily assassinate out the entire Karling family for example.

My dream was realized though. That 87 gold was worth everything.

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; September 14 2020 at 11:24:40 AM.

DC/AW invited me to be his 'vassal who is a giant.' Nobody else had any concrete suggestions and that sounded awesome so I jumped in. Had a pretty big domain in Wallachia with a few vassals. Went raiding, learned the new raiding mechanics suck (freeze you in place while raiding, defenders take your loot if they win).

Found a few 'hunters' mapping out areas in my realm - an event in the murder plot, probably targeting me. Jailed them. It was probably the guy I raided being salty, which is odd since he beat my armies and took the loot. Nothin much else happened. Lots of chatter and accusations about who was murdering who, the most likely person seems to be LobbyZ, but I'm of the opinion that all you dishonourable cunts are up to no good. Whatever. I've stayed above the fray/below notice.

Eventually the Giant died and his still-capable heir took over. Minor realm split was resolved with conquest/vassalization. Started looking for targets to expand the realm. Attacked a weak Count in Hungary, but DC also attacked her and took over the war when I was almost finished - dick move DC. Took a county or two north of Hungary, into Slovakia. Then started targeting other rulers in the Kingdom of Wallachia wanting it, until I noticed DC has the title - probably not worth. Now I'm slowly moving into Croatia, bringing the Magyar Life further into Europe. Also DC has refused my offers to educate his young queen Walrusalina - we could control the traits, come on!!

My goal is to get as far away from this Byzantine shitstorm as possible - Ireland or Sri Lanka would do fine. But I'm far too new and bad at the game to do any of that effectively. I'm far to new and bad to do anything effectively really.

EDIT: There was an episode in Italy, where DC gave me a county he conquered and asked me to raid with him. We raided. But the Pope engaged our armies and defeated them in detail, even though we were following each other and stacked up. Lame AF. Papacy on the list to be revenge targeted for sure.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

You dont even need high diplo to defend plots honestly. You just need your court to mostly like you, either through smart title granting, swaying people, banishing or killing off rivals, managing your traits. Its very doable and with mild effort you can make yourself relatively well protected.

Or you can build huge tyranny and piss everyone off like I did.

I will say the individual plot strength agents give seems a little high for non councilor positions. Some random count probably should give 20% kill chance

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    Also DC has refused my offers to educate his young queen Walrusalina - we could control the traits, come on!!
    There's so many popups in the top menu that I don't even notice when I get a new one