hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 3: Game of incest and fancy hats

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    Became one of the strongest in the empire

Real AAR:

While the rest of FHC made strategic desicions based on history, starting lands, available manpower, economic strength, alliance possibilities, geopolitical stability, duchy size, and other High Autist shit... I picked the dude who had the best dynastic heraldry and best Motto.

Meet Count Gregorios of Chios

He is a chaste, honest, stubborn peice of shit of a ruler with zero intrigue skills who has an immediate heart attack at the thought of doing anything underhanded and is useless when it comes to warfare. But he's my peice of shit, and we will build an empire together.

I started on the Chios peninsula, an utterly worthless, hilly peice of land unsuitable even for farming in the Duchy of Ephesos. Luckly, the Duchy lacked strong leadership and consisted of 3 one province rulers. Instead of building any sort of industrial base, I ate a shitton of stress to get a claim on my neighbor the County of Aeolis. The Count of Aeolis was a foolish man and didn't get mens, so I took his lands and titles.

Now that I have two provinces, I work slowly toward beating my leige the Doux Romanos of Ephesos. I would crush him in a 1v1, but the blackguard has made alliances by marriage with other Doux and as previously stated my guy is incapable of any intrigue whatsoever. So i'll have to be sneakily not sneaky, or something, idk.

Luckily my chaste ruler has gotten his wives pregnant not once but 3 times, so dynastically I'm doing ok. Stephanos Melias, my firstborn, is an arbitrary drunkard but he has a 9 in intrigue so he will do in a pinch. My second son, Gregorios the second, is intelligent but sickly so we'll see how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    AAR: Played as John Kourkouras, basically tried to follow history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_K..._(9th_century)

First round managed to kill the empress, the emperor, the emperor's first and third sons, and schemed a claim on the throne with my 20 diplomacy 27 intrigue goodness. Then someone decided Hels was Gay and that save had to be abandoned before we could launch the war against the Emperor.

Second round, rolled a zealous chaste wannabe military dude. Immediately went on a pilgrimage to the vatican. When someone killed Basil, leaving a child on the throne, I used that sweet piety to ask the Ecumenical Patriarch for a claim and got it, in like year one of the game. Then certain people *cough*Elriche, Holmes*cough* decided that they'd rather continue to see an ineffective AI emperor lose the balkans and thrace to Boris the Menace than put a human player on the throne, and so we lost the war and I was imprisoned. Closer to history, only rather than being forced to take the vows I escaped scot-free, then got busy executing my non-genius sons to put my genius 1 year old in line for my titles. In the meantime some cheeky AI cunt took one of my counties. Still have that claim on the imperial throne, though. . .

In any event, the fact that Byzantine Douxes can take territory from each other is silly, I hope the Byzantine DLC comes sooner rather than later and implements a proper imperial government.
    If its the auto-revokable stuff they put into CK2 that made Byzantium as a duke almost unplayable unless you make the emperor happy I'll be done.
    Its good fun condensded area play for the game that breaks realism in a game where 90% of the characters have had wincestuous orgies.
    But don’t you *want* to make the Emperor happy?

I also agree that proper Byzantine empire mechanics might make MP as Byzantine dukes/strategos a bit less interesting, but we’ll see what they do.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; September 9 2020 at 04:05:03 AM.

The Avars are probably going to join the Empire next time, I don't intend to play alone for the entire game.

I will try to raid Constantinople before I do though

FYI: you can modify your feudal contract with your liege to make your title unrevokable and other neat privileges. If you have hooks, you can use them to that end as well.

Rejoice, nerds!

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Rejoice, nerds!

Me and Hoggbert played the Bronze Age total conversion mod for CK3 in multiplayer yesturday. It worked out pretty great (could run it at speed 4 without any issues, altho that's with just 2 players). Here's the 2000BC map:

Spoiler:

As you can see there's a lot of more independent petty kingdoms strewn about, which makes it better suited for multiplayer IMO. We could give this a go after we've concluded our current multiplayer Byzantine boogaloo?

Also how tf have people crunched out a total conversion mod for this game already. It's pretty detailed, with custom religions, descriptions, clothes, characters and the works. Impressive. Give it a go in singleplayer, chaps!

I would actually be down for that, if it’s proven stable.

Lol Bronze Age collapse anyone? Do you know if it simulates the events of of the late Bronze Age, Sea People and plague and years of crop failure, etc.?

I guess I could just go look at the steam page.

bitch pls
    i said one of the strongest.
    [marquee][/marquee]

bitch pls
    Ze emprah still owned us all like nooblets so you maybe made it into top 5.

bitch pls
    we would've won if it wasnt for the traitor elriche and company.
    [marquee][/marquee]

Traitor? Traitor?!? I am not the foul Anatolian sheepshagger that has plotted against our rightful and glorious Emperor!

Begone!

Epirus will uphold and increase the prestige of the Roman Empire and I will not let some incompetent knaves ruin that

bitch pls

MFW Incompetent rebels trying to overthrow the legitimate government calls me treasonous for not backing another Lachisis failcascade at the same time my lands are filled up with people on horseback with funny musical instruments burning everything down.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    bitch pls

MFW Incompetent rebels trying to overthrow the legitimate government calls me treasonous for not backing another Lachisis failcascade at the same time my lands are filled up with people on horseback with funny musical instruments burning everything down.
    So that's what was going on at the time

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    bitch pls

To be fair it may well have worked if there was a proper stack-following mechanic such that everyone would have been able to form up in Abydus in an orderly fashion. :P

Plus half of us sided with the Emperor and helped kill the rebels. I made a beeline for Razors dutchy and captured a bunch of his family.

Avar AAR:

Took the decision to cross the Carpathians and declared war on Bulgaria on day 1, spawning a sizeable stack of event troops. Bulgarian levies are utter trash and were defeated over and over again by Horse Archers. War was won quickly and Avaria taken from the pathetic Bulgarians.

Not all of Avaria is under control though, several independent tribes still exist. The rest of the session was spent raiding Helgur, subjugating more tribes and getting ready to invade the rest of Bulgaria. After Bulgaria falls, the way is open to really get to work on raiding Byzantium.

FYI: You take 100 casualties if you pass through a region that does not border a barony under your control. When I raided Helgur I lost around 1000 levies to that attrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    FYI: You take 100 casualties if you pass through a region that does not border a barony under your control.
    Ahh, so that's how that works. Derp.

Also 100 is the lowest rate, it goes up with the stack size.
    Last edited by RazoR; September 10 2020 at 01:48:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    The Avars are probably going to join the Empire next time, I don't intend to play alone for the entire game.

I will try to raid Constantinople before I do though

FYI: you can modify your feudal contract with your liege to make your title unrevokable and other neat privileges. If you have hooks, you can use them to that end as well.
    We dont need your stinky horses and funny hats

I don't think that was a request.