hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 3: Game of incest and fancy hats

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I'll await the failed attempt to play when you all remember what Paradox games netcode on launch is like. I mean I am a fanboy of theirs but their releases take months if not year to turn into viable games, especially MP
    Bar having the one guy who decide to join a session from a fishing lodge in the middle of a lake in Canada/Alaska (because nothing is more rewarding than stirring a communist civil war in Britain while screwing your coalition over, while simultaneously getting that fat trout to nibble at your hook) who constantly lags behind in game sync (but that has not a lot to do with the netcode), mp sessions of the new releases from Paradox have mostly been painless IMO.

Speaking of. How's your internet these days, Lachesis?
    Ahhhh, good times. HOI4 wasn't a good MP game, but it was fun.

x
    [marquee][/marquee]

I can't wait

not going to make saturday, work. Play without me and I'll pick up a count later.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    not going to make saturday, work. Play without me and I'll pick up a count later.
    Allright. Should be plenty of interesting pickings later on as we progress.

Dibs on Count Sabbatios of Mosynopolis btw

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Xing up to sacrifice Holmes children to the Devil
    NOT IF I GET THERE FIRST.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Allright. Should be plenty of interesting pickings later on as we progress.

Dibs on Count Sabbatios of Mosynopolis btw
    sneak attack, back in

1 hour 30 mins left c? are we agreed on what place we startin? byzantium or free for all?
    [marquee][/marquee]

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    1 hour 30 mins left c? are we agreed on what place we startin? byzantium or free for all?
    In an hour, yes

AAR:

There was a depressingly low amount of player on player murder for the session as most people were focused on establishing strong domains.

There was EXACTLY the amount of players getting their ass beaten by a 5 year old emperor, MULTIPLE TIMES, as was expected.

AAR:

There was a depressingly low amount of player on player murder for the session as most people were focused on establishing strong domains.

There was EXACTLY the amount of players getting their ass beaten by a 5 year old emperor, MULTIPLE TIMES, as was expected.
    In fairness, our first run went a lot better. Naming our duchies "dick-mountain" and "hels is gay" made CK angry enough to desync everyone every 5mins until we were forced to re-roll.

they come

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    AAR:

In fairness, our first run went a lot better. Naming our duchies "dick-mountain" and "hels is gay" made CK angry enough to desync everyone every 5mins until we were forced to re-roll.
    Definitely would have liked to continue on the first game we played; had a much better shot of becoming emperor in that one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

they come
    Filthy barbarians

AAR:
    Came, saw, got headshot by ILegionaire honouring an offensive wardec from Athens into my tyrrany war. Sat around arranging to resolve my problem, then people who were running a day behind renamed their realms (I've done some research, people running behind renaming turbofucks the save, people running behind dying desyncs THEM out of the game because raisins).

Round 2 AAR:
    Rolled military lifestyle. Built a bit, punched random people in the face a few times, prepared an arranged war on athens but accidentally claimed the duchy instead of the province I was supposed to take. Also assasinated ILegionaire with 0 intrigue as part of a chain of deaths, got blackmailed by Shaftoes about it, who stole my son to see what it did (he gave the son a good education, thanks, Bob!), then got blackmailed by Razor who got told to shove it as all my vassals love me anyway.
    I now have the form decision for my kingdom and should be the first relevant, civilised person to be a king.
    Also, helped the child emperor keep his throne after his armies kicked the crap out of the vastly superior easterner rebellion.

AAR: Played as John Kourkouras, basically tried to follow history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_K..._(9th_century)

First round managed to kill the empress, the emperor, the emperor's first and third sons, and schemed a claim on the throne with my 20 diplomacy 27 intrigue goodness. Then someone decided Hels was Gay and that save had to be abandoned before we could launch the war against the Emperor.

Second round, rolled a zealous chaste wannabe military dude. Immediately went on a pilgrimage to the vatican. When someone killed Basil, leaving a child on the throne, I used that sweet piety to ask the Ecumenical Patriarch for a claim and got it, in like year one of the game. Then certain people *cough*Elriche, Holmes*cough* decided that they'd rather continue to see an ineffective AI emperor lose the balkans and thrace to Boris the Menace than put a human player on the throne, and so we lost the war and I was imprisoned. Closer to history, only rather than being forced to take the vows I escaped scot-free, then got busy executing my non-genius sons to put my genius 1 year old in line for my titles. In the meantime some cheeky AI cunt took one of my counties. Still have that claim on the imperial throne, though. . .

In any event, the fact that Byzantine Douxes can take territory from each other is silly, I hope the Byzantine DLC comes sooner rather than later and implements a proper imperial government.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; September 7 2020 at 08:19:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

they come

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    AAR: Played as John Kourkouras, basically tried to follow history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_K..._(9th_century)

First round managed to kill the empress, the emperor, the emperor's first and third sons, and schemed a claim on the throne with my 20 diplomacy 27 intrigue goodness. Then someone decided Hels was Gay and that save had to be abandoned before we could launch the war against the Emperor.

Second round, rolled a zealous chaste wannabe military dude. Immediately went on a pilgrimage to the vatican. When someone killed Basil, leaving a child on the throne, I used that sweet piety to ask the Ecumenical Patriarch for a claim and got it, in like year one of the game. Then certain people *cough*Elriche, Holmes*cough* decided that they'd rather continue to see an ineffective AI emperor lose the balkans and thrace to Boris the Menace than put a human player on the throne, and so we lost the war and I was imprisoned. Closer to history, only rather than being forced to take the vows I escaped scot-free, then got busy executing my non-genius sons to put my genius 1 year old in line for my titles. In the meantime some cheeky AI cunt took one of my counties. Still have that claim on the imperial throne, though. . .

In any event, the fact that Byzantine Douxes can take territory from each other is silly, I hope the Byzantine DLC comes sooner rather than later and implements a proper imperial government.
    If its the auto-revokable stuff they put into CK2 that made Byzantium as a duke almost unplayable unless you make the emperor happy I'll be done.
    Its good fun condensded area play for the game that breaks realism in a game where 90% of the characters have had wincestuous orgies.

AAR:

Started weak, managed to wrestle my vassals counties thanks to luck and dread. Became one of the strongest in the empire and focused on building up my duchy. This was first round.

Second round was somewhat the same except my guy was now great at murdering people, murdered Boris of Bulgaria and the Caliph and two assholes blackmailed me for it. Murdered two of my sons too by beheading and really just looking to expand into the middle east.

One day Angry Greeks Doux shall rise again.
    [marquee][/marquee]

Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    Became one of the strongest in the empire
    bitch pls