hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this worth training to 5 ?

You know you can rig to reduce decloak delay too, right? Go go scan-res-subsystem loki/legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    You know you can rig to reduce decloak delay too, right?
    Does anyone use them though? 10%/15% reduction seems pretty low.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Decloaking as you exit warp is bad for two reasons:

1. You might accidentally do it too early, resulting in giving him more warning than you have to
    2. You'll be seen moving across the target's screen and jumping around on their overview as you get closer to him. Better to just appear suddenly right next to him and maybe he won't notice immediately.
    Skill training online: Daesis Wrack
    Everything else: Cosmic Osmo

You know you can rig to reduce decloak delay too, right? Go go scan-res-subsystem loki/legion.
    They are completely useless. Due to the way the skills involved work, those rigs reduce less time the higher the rank of cloaking you have - which is beyond retarded. Unless you are trying to overcome the recalibration delay of prototype cloaks or something, you will almost always have a faster total lock time with +scan res rigs than you will with recalibration delay rigs, and this effect is significantly magnified if you are locking small sigradius targets.

3 medium T2 TSS rigs seems to be 45mil total in PyFA, and a 3.07 delay with 1358-1385mm scanres on dual T2 sebo legion/loki, that's just with full armour-tanked lows(80-125k ehp with average pimped passive resist mods), point + web + propmod in mids. You could put more scanres mods in mids & lows but I CBA to check the diminishing returns vs diff sized sigs. I will say people like to fit shield extenders and shield rigs.
    Even 2 such decloaking rigs & Cloaking 5 is slightly faster than having Cloaking 4. Just depends how badly you want fast decloaking points that have tank and can warp cloaked.

Just get a bomber instead innit.

Would I be correct in assuming that Racial Strategic Cruiser is a skill best left at IV? Are T3's like worse at overheating than normal ships and thus need the extra %25 to be viable, or does this skill just make them more pwn than usual?

In pvp its pretty good. Remember it's subtraction so it's more powerful.

Blah blah blah tapatalk

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

AFAIK they're not worse to start with, they get up to 25% less heat from the racial strat. cuiser skill, and with the overheating subsystem (which typically gives decent PG and slot layout) you get another 25% reduction.
    I'd say there's plenty to get to 5 before Racial Strategic Cruiser. Obviously first being Thermodynamics.

Heavy Drones V or Drone Interfacing V?
    DI for me seems to give half the difference between T1 and T2 Ogres, and is 3 weeks down on any carrier skillplans. HD5 is of course looking less noob-ish (pros and cons) and making the case for the 5heavies max-dps-on-paper loadout. And required for Domi?
    ATM I'm flying (Gal) BSs with considerations of double remapping to quickly get some capital ships access. Assuming I'm rolling 3h+2m or 4h, and 5lights for tactical flexibility, and would put faction drones in a faction+ ship: fuck T2 drones for a couple of % dps difference, instead unlock a whole ship class?

You seriously want tech II heavies AND sentries if you fly any droneboat.

Sent from my electric telephone

If you really have to decide between HeavyDrones V and DroneInterfacing V, go with DI.
    -> More drone damage on every ship that uses drones, not just heavies
    -> For carrier: Depending on situation, often only t1 drones get used anyway because they cost nothing and noone bitches if they get bombed or forgotten.

Even when I'm in a ship with heavies, I'm suspecting there'll be more dps lost from them travelling to targets or being recalled/killed under fire than if I'd got T2 vs DI5. And that'll also be down to my range control (think webless Mega hulls). Unless T2s are much tougher/faster/better applied damage(types)?

20% more dps or 5% more dps
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Even when I'm in a ship with heavies, I'm suspecting there'll be more dps lost from them travelling to targets or being recalled/killed under fire than if I'd got T2 vs DI5. And that'll also be down to my range control (think webless Mega hulls). Unless T2s are much tougher/faster/better applied damage(types)?
    Iirc, t2 drones are faster, and have more hp, and obviously have more base damage than their t1 counterparts, plus they get the bonus from the racial drone specializations, but drone interfacing 5 is a huge boost to all your drones across the board. If you're flying ships that rely heavily on drones, you probably really want both, but if you absolutely have to pick between the two, go for interfacing.

T2 drones have 20% higher attributes in all fields.

PVE: Sentry drones + light or medium combat drones to clean up frigates
    PVP: Heavies for close range work, sentries for anything past 20km~ due to travel time (though some people don't like/trust sentries so they use heavies anyways)
    Carriers: Triage~~

If you are planning to use a lot of T2 heavy/sentry drones, then grab sentry V/ heavy drone V first. If you are planning a mix, then grab DI V first because it really helps out your small and medium drones.

get both or stop flying drone ships.
    spaceships go woosh

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by z0de View Post
    get both or stop flying drone ships.
    This. T2 drone performance is one of the biggest t1->t2 jumps available, due to a bunch of factors. For heavies, the tracking increase comes to mind as a huge difference
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Mea_VI

So any recommendations on what should I train next?.
    (also not sure if this should be posted here (and ignore the whole mess that is that character))
    Last edited by mqoca; June 5 2012 at 11:37:17 PM.

Cybernetics IV, get some +4 implants
    combat drone operation V
    drone interfacing V
    gallente cruiser V
    heavy assault ships IV+
    Medium hybrid turret V
    Medium Blaster Spec IV
    Medium Railgun Spec IV
    Advanced Weapon Upgrades IV
    Armor Compensation skills to IV
    Navigation skills to IV (all of the ones you have)