hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: WH40k Darktide - FPS coop shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Yeah, Vermintide 2 is a superpolished game compared to the current iteration of DT. It's worth buying it just to hear the banter between characters, let alone the gameplay
    My favourite part so far. Gameplay seems pretty simplistic and it makes me want to revisit Warframe more than anything.

Kill rats, block, dodge, laugh, kill more beastmen and chaos warriors, die, laugh is the name of the game. My fav iteration of first person melee combat ever. No wonder I do better in melee as a Sharpshooter than most of my DarkTide Ogryn and Zealot teammates
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I now have v2 and darktide, if anyone wants some games give me a shout, add me on steam, here's my steam friend code: 2248668
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Kill rats, block, dodge, laugh, kill more beastmen and chaos warriors, die, laugh is the name of the game. My fav iteration of first person melee combat ever. No wonder I do better in melee as a Sharpshooter than most of my DarkTide Ogryn and Zealot teammates
    Try Mordhau, it's also hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    I now have v2 and darktide, if anyone wants some games give me a shout, add me on steam, here's my steam friend code: 2248668
    Here's mine: 6492155

I'm game for most of the weekend.

this lights out map modifier is pretty cool.

makes those guardsman light attachments make sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Yeah when they say 'bring a torch' in the mission description they really mean it. Also fuck daemonhosts, so many party wipes if one wakes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Yeah when they say 'bring a torch' in the mission description they really mean it. Also fuck daemonhosts, so many party wipes if one wakes up.
    ogryn with a shield can just tank them if they get agro, or at least that's what I did when I got agro.
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Aparently it's going to be on Gamepass on (actual) launch, so thats a nice way to try it for 10$€£ instead of buy for 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Aparently it's going to be on Gamepass on (actual) launch, so thats a nice way to try it for 10$€£ instead of buy for 40.
    No crossplay tho. So if you plan on playing with someone on steam itīs the same as with DRG, you have to pay the full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    No crossplay tho. So if you plan on playing with someone on steam itīs the same as with DRG, you have to pay the full price.
    I fucking hate that.

Been having an absolute blast with this over the weekend. Most of my whines from earlier have gone away.
    It's kind of buggy, but definitely fun.
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Yeah sometimes it crashes on me and I just load it up again and continue smashing things in the face with my shield/mace

Big Lads ! My Zealot is coming along nicely now too.
    Autogun goes BRRRRT.

Mucking about with the Flamer last night, it seems a cool option, but not sure i can use it for General Purpose PUGing with the terrible range. Being able to blap stuff across the map seems part of the job description.
    Last edited by Itiken; November 28 2022 at 02:57:21 PM.

I am finishing my Veteran to 30 now, Power Sword and Bolter or if I feel like it Plasma gun are the weapons of choice right now.

Just so I have options an Ogryn with Shield and whatever will be my second option.
    I think Priest with the flamer for crowd control and thunder hammer for those monstrosities will also be in high demand. Not sure there is another option with that huge ranged AoE waveclear beside some ogryn weapons perhaps, but you want those with shield in hand for the higher difficulties I guess.

Game: Update your drivers
    Forums: Update your drivers.

Narrator: His drivers were not up to date.

love playing psword and bolter on my vet.. but I think going for the recon las or a Mk XII and playing the counter ranged role is probably what I will be forced to do for malice and above.

nurgle has a strong ranged game apparently, and the 15 round mag in the bolter just doesnt seem quite enough for that task.

One tapping every ranged mob with the skill up and the bolter worked fine so far. But tbf not on the highest diff yet.
    Plasma seems to penetrate even cover and kills shit behind it so that is fine to for only sniping elites in the back. Shot are always pinpoint but you have no ADS. Still loads of fun.

I'll drop my favorite streamer, currently doing Darktide on weekends. https://www.twitch.tv/beagsandjam

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    One tapping every ranged mob with the skill up and the bolter worked fine so far. But tbf not on the highest diff yet.
    Plasma seems to penetrate even cover and kills shit behind it so that is fine to for only sniping elites in the back. Shot are always pinpoint but you have no ADS. Still loads of fun.
    Interesting points on the plasma. Ive not got hold of one yet to test it. I had no idea it was railgun like in terms of pen.

edit: apparently the revolver also pens hordes. I really need to do better testing and stop having all this pesky fun.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; November 29 2022 at 09:07:45 AM.