hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Durable boots/shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I have a pair of Haix that are definitely overkill for my use, but fit the bill perfectly. They make all sorts of boots for military, fire fighters and construction workers.

https://www.haix.co.uk/

Tapapapatalk
    Oh man, I have Haix. I am a big guy and i fucking destroy my shoes through fatness. They are super comfy and work amazing. I was given them and told they were used by german fire fighters, after using them I fully believe it!
    Fire fighters, police, Bundeswehr, anyone serious in Germany uses them.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Can't personally vouch for Alt-Bergs... I never really suffered with issued boots so never ended up buying my own... but a lot of people I knew swore by them.

I go some surplus haix boots about 3 years ago and they're coming to the end of their lives. I have a weird tendon geometry in my ankles which causes me to walk very toe heavy which destroys footwear. I can poke my toes through the soles of a relatively good pair of shoes within 8 months so the haix have lasted super well.

I almost got surgery for it but didn't get around to it.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I go some surplus haix boots about 3 years ago and they're coming to the end of their lives. I have a weird tendon geometry in my ankles which causes me to walk very toe heavy which destroys footwear. I can poke my toes through the soles of a relatively good pair of shoes within 8 months so the haix have lasted super well.

Oh mate me too, do you also have ridic oversized calves?

I have the calf muscles of a cyclist and i spend 98% of my life sat down lol.

I struggle with steep hills because i cant put my heel on the floor haha

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

Oh mate me too, do you also have ridic oversized calves?

I have the calf muscles of a cyclist and i spend 98% of my life sat down lol.

I struggle with steep hills because i cant put my heel on the floor haha
    Yeah my calves are buff as fuck. It's to the point where I can't really stand up for the duration of a normal working day anymore because of the strech across the bottom of my foot even with the super aggressive orthotic inserts I wear. It's agony after about 3 hours.

I think it's getting worse as I age because my achilles is getting less stretchy with time. I should get it sorted, the surgeon I spoke to seemed pretty happy to do it. Maybe too happy....

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Did a proper wet treck up some mountains in le boots. Solid performers. No leaks. No blisters, even single socked! Take ages to dry cos of the goretex. Soles ace, only slipped to my near death once and that was cos i was trying to get to an edge of a waterfall to fill my water pouch. So thats 2ish months or so review. Would bang again.

Goretex boots are only any good if you can guarantee you're not going to get any water in them (you need to be wearing gaiters in any really wet/swampy environment), otherwise they're a sod to dry out. I never bought into the 'two sock' methodology. Maybe back in the day when sock technology wasn't as good it worked but I've always had better results with a single pair of good hiking socks (ie, non army issue socks).

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Goretex boots are only any good if you can guarantee you're not going to get any water in them (you need to be wearing gaiters in any really wet/swampy environment), otherwise they're a sod to dry out. I never bought into the 'two sock' methodology. Maybe back in the day when sock technology wasn't as good it worked but I've always had better results with a single pair of good hiking socks (ie, non army issue socks).
    cheers stab
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    cheers stab
    Any time wedge

fill yer wet boots with scrunched up newspaper after a walk.

also, can recommend gaiters. even in dry conditions, keeping small stones, sand, burrs, seeds etc out of your shoes on long walks is n1. small ones like this are awesome.

Another trip out to the kinder plateau. Boots got a full workout being the bog magnets they are. Perfectly waterproof, clean up well, fit like slippers; even during 33 degree heat and while wearing frankly ridiculously thick wool socks. Did a rock scramble up an old waterfall with my pack on and they were excellent support and grippy too. Saved me turning my ankle on one occasion due to the support. Literally the best footwear ive purchased. Ridiculously fit for purpose.

Gonna treat them to their recommended cleaning spray like absolute stars.

Close examination shows after a good beating they remain undamaged. All stitching looks reet. would bang again

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Another trip out to the kinder plateau. Boots got a full workout being the bog magnets they are. Perfectly waterproof, clean up well, fit like slippers; even during 33 degree heat and while wearing frankly ridiculously thick wool socks. Did a rock scramble up an old waterfall with my pack on and they were excellent support and grippy too. Saved me turning my ankle on one occasion due to the support. Literally the best footwear ive purchased. Ridiculously fit for purpose.

Gonna treat them to their recommended cleaning spray like absolute stars.

Close examination shows after a good beating they remain undamaged. All stitching looks reet. would bang again
    I will accept one hand job as payment

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil