hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Surgical Strike"

Even without that, it would still be overwhelmingly powerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Not using blasters = fascism
    This. My up close and punch you in your face character just moved in cryo-sleep...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    20% nerf to resists?

What happened to a fitting cap on resistance modules?

So dumb.
    It's not a flat 20% nerf to resists though.

The biggest change coming in this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances. That means energized plating, armor coating, armor hardeners, shield hardeners and shield resistance amps.

They nerfed my passive Drake?

Ah, sweet memories ...

They also nerfed the plate/extender bonuses that supercaps get.

-45% EHP for the average fit, I am told

aww yiss malcy like
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    https://www.eveonline.com/article/q8...-18-04-release

Patch notes.

Don't get too wrapped up on the resist changes. Reddit has gone nuts but it hits everyone so it's shifting the balance wholesale.

Munnins still strong which is annoying but hey, one step at a time.

It shifts the balance wholesale towards anything kitey with good damage projection. They'll be able to kill anything approaching to get scrams quicker. This just makes speed an even more unbalanced stat, fast platforms with long range weapons are stupid. Uncatchable ships with long range weapons are always going to be more viable than fast short range or slow short range ships.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It shifts the balance wholesale towards anything kitey with good damage projection. They'll be able to kill anything approaching to get scrams quicker. This just makes speed an even more unbalanced stat, fast platforms with long range weapons are stupid. Uncatchable ships with long range weapons are always going to be more viable than fast short range or slow short range ships.
    A problem easily solved by nerfing kitey ships. The resist changes are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    A problem easily solved by nerfing kitey ships. The resist changes are excellent.
    Y'all don't need to nerf kitey ships. Just bring damps, TDs, ECM, and MJDs. How hard is that? I hate to get all "get gud" but damn people. countering kitey ships is not hard.

You do know that supercarriers have web bubble projectors, right?

You do know that supercarriers have web bubble projectors, right?
    I don't have a super, but did Long Range FiBos take a bomb damage hit, or did CCP forget that existed?

My boiled down because I lack sleep thanks to newborn ideas:

- Sized EWAR: The whole thing, ECM, web, TD, point, etc. Also, signature mechanics like capital neuts.
    - Untie range bonuses from hull skills/bonuses. Range should be tied to ammo selection. Gun bonuses for ships should be fire rate and tracking/signature.
    -- Why? Well an IRL comparison would be a .50 cal on a Ship, Truck or Helicopter. The gun is the same, the range is the same, you benefit from better mounts/stabilization on a specialized platform.
    -- Sniper platform (Rokh) would have better stabilization (signature whatever the fuck that stat was), brawling platform (Mega) better tracking.
    - Tiericide guns: You only fit the biggest atm, unless fitting dictates otherwise. There are no intrinsic benefits to a smaller sized gun. That should be addressed.
    - Split overheat mechanic between range (pumping more power into a railgun) and fire rate buffs. Same heat mechanic but different tactical choices.

Would this work, I don't fuckin know, but it just doesn't make sense you get magical range because of a ship choice and that a smaller gun has zero usage case sans a niche/gimmick.

Half baked, I'm sure, but if you want to force more brawls, you cut down on the range of kitey things, they retain their innate maneuverability and are better at what they should be better at, moving around fast, applying some dps and getting out before a response group.

There's other thoughts of fleshing out the battleship line in the same vein as cruisers and frigates in regards to T2 choices but I think the innate meta of the game right now is that range is still a huge factor and if you're outside of relatively small bubble, you're not really at risk from a battleship group.

What are battleships for?

What are battleships for?
    Battle, it's in the name.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post

- Sized EWAR: The whole thing, ECM, web, TD, point, etc. Also, signature mechanics like capital neuts.
    - Untie range bonuses from hull skills/bonuses. Range should be tied to ammo selection. Gun bonuses for ships should be fire rate and tracking/signature.
    -- Why? Well an IRL comparison would be a .50 cal on a Ship, Truck or Helicopter. The gun is the same, the range is the same, you benefit from better mounts/stabilization on a specialized platform.
    -- Sniper platform (Rokh) would have better stabilization (signature whatever the fuck that stat was), brawling platform (Mega) better tracking.
    - Tiericide guns: You only fit the biggest atm, unless fitting dictates otherwise. There are no intrinsic benefits to a smaller sized gun. That should be addressed.
    - Split overheat mechanic between range (pumping more power into a railgun) and fire rate buffs. Same heat mechanic but different tactical choices.

Would this work, I don't fuckin know, but it just doesn't make sense you get magical range because of a ship choice and that a smaller gun has zero usage case sans a niche/gimmick.

Half baked, I'm sure, but if you want to force more brawls, you cut down on the range of kitey things, they retain their innate maneuverability and are better at what they should be better at, moving around fast, applying some dps and getting out before a response group.

There's other thoughts of fleshing out the battleship line in the same vein as cruisers and frigates in regards to T2 choices but I think the innate meta of the game right now is that range is still a huge factor and if you're outside of relatively small bubble, you're not really at risk from a battleship group.
    If you can't un-tie real life examples from how you feel balance should be applied in a strategic tactical multiplayer video game, you're as stupid as people who think capitals should be able to effortlessly kill small ships because "what, a US aircraft carrier can't kill somali pirate speedboats???"

Interesting flavours to hulls are half of the entire equasion that results in interesting differences. So stop right there.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Funny how these "But IRL!!!11" merchants never mention that, while supercarriers can indeed kill small boats, small boats (or even jets) can launch ASMs that can absolutely fucking wreck a carrier's shit.

It's a shit game and no one should play it, all these changes are years too late and the bots and legions of Chinese players won't ever care about these changes.

I'll call the police and tell them about the guys holding a gun to your head who are forcing you to play it and post about it then, shall I?

Tell them to go to CCP and to shoot the supercarrier servers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post

If you can't un-tie real life examples from how you feel balance should be applied in a strategic tactical multiplayer video game, you're as stupid as people who think capitals should be able to effortlessly kill small ships because "what, a US aircraft carrier can't kill somali pirate speedboats???"

Interesting flavours to hulls are half of the entire equasion that results in interesting differences. So stop right there.
    Classic whispous, only can read and respond to a single line.

Good job.

Your whole post was predicated on "But RL!!!11"