hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Surgical Strike"

"Surgical Strike"

https://www.eveonline.com/article/q8...oming-15-april

Fair play, CCP, fair play. Resubbed for 30 days.

PS Pando is interviewing CCP Rise on Friday,
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Holy shit, where did i put my blasterthrons

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

I can do you a Windicator if that helps?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Is very nice.

Deimosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssss

DOOM COCK!

Update: the tears on r/eve are already wonderful

Nerfing resists just means kitey shit kills you before you catch them doesn't it? If you want to encourage brawling you need to nerf damage projection and/or speed
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Feels like I resubbed and it triggered an alarm

Gallente buff and specifically a DEIMOST buff?

Amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Prom is right and you're dumb.
    Latest Video - The Inner Zone
    YouTube - LiveStream

20% nerf to resists?

What happened to a fitting cap on resistance modules?

So dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    20% nerf to resists?

What happened to a fitting cap on resistance modules?

So dumb.
    It's not a flat 20% nerf to resists though.

The biggest change coming in this update is a 20% reduction in the power of all modules that increase shield or armor resistances. That means energized plating, armor coating, armor hardeners, shield hardeners and shield resistance amps.

Base and bonus resists aren't changed. The EHP for subcaps which generally fit 1-2 hardeners isn't going to see all that big a change.

Eg: If you have a ship with 50% base explosive shield resist and it fits a T2 Invuln, the old resist would be 50 + 0.3*50 = 65%

The new resist will be 50 + 0.24*50 = 62%

The ratio between the old and the new resist here is 0.954 - that is to say that your 1-invuln Caracal will be taking 4.6% more explosive damage than it used to.

For a base resist of 0% with a T2 hardener, that you're going from 55% to 44%, that's a bigger change to be fair, so resist holes are going to matter a bit more. A T2 Invuln + T2 EM Caracal is still going to get 55.1% EM resist compared to 67%, so he's going to take 36% more EM damage than he used to.

I feel like that's a significant but not a crippling difference. No one is taking 100% more damage.

It also makes racial and class hull bonuses MUCH more relevant. (Minmatar buff!)
    Last edited by Malcanis; April 8 2020 at 02:33:23 PM.

It doesn't nerf speed or damage application though which is the only way to really make kiting less appealing.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Abyssal tackle mods plus the widespread prevelance of recons & EAFs provide in-place counters to kiteykites.

Additionally, since the MJFD nerf, there needs to be a viable way to deal with raw numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It doesn't nerf speed or damage application though which is the only way to really make kiting less appealing.
    Why does kiting need to be made less appealing?

Not using blasters = fascism

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Update: the tears on r/eve are already wonderful
    Crying TESTicles gets me hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    More stuff dies if you fight in scram range.

Speed lets you dictate the engagement totally in eve, giving fast platforms good damage application as well makes the meta boring.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    More stuff dies if you fight in scram range.

Speed lets you dictate the engagement totally in eve, giving fast platforms good damage application as well makes the meta boring.
    Don't ever forget, nano comps are ALSO a response to constant blobbing and traps.

It is pretty easy to nerf the economies of scale in eve though which is ultimately what causes blobbing.

The efficiency of collective action over selfish individualism is what causes blobbing.

Mostly because of how eve scales industrial output though.