Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani Leone View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeba View Post
    I'm running for CSM based on my understanding of what we've lost over the last few years, and I can point it out.

I know only 2 people on FHC are still subbed, but I have to do this to make the game reward skillful play again.

http://www.whispo.us/ for my posts

https://discord.gg/qdSk7A for my discord
    I resubbed /o\
    Yeah, I've failed at life too :S

So that might mean you get 4 possibly even 5 votes now (assuming you vote for yourself Whispous)
    I most certainly will be, no jokes here, i'm serious about this!
    If you're serious then you have all my characters' votes. I feel you kinda hit the nail on the head with the posts and I want the few against the many to happen again. But I hold little hope
    I'm definitely serious
    Buy me a hel and you can have all my votes
    I have no isk
    Clearly you, just like me fail at eve. So why would I vote for you?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    introduce fueling requirements for running titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    I think Malc had a decent idea a whole back that titans needed to harvest the sun or something. Do something like that. Add a max ammo/sun cap of like three charges and have it expire after 48 hours. I would make a point to not allow anything other than the titan be able to harvest from the sun.

But shit guys, I have not really played since WWB so I don’t know.
    Gee... Now Goons don't even have to fight your titans to kill them. They just need to hound you until you can't afford to pay the tax/collect fuel and then they bring out their titans after yours are rendered inoperable. Not like you can hound them back. How do you fight all their titans with fewer titans?
    Goons are not as competent as you seem to believe.

The idea wasn't to actually require titans to harvest the sun or whatever. The point being made in that discussion is that imposing fuel/maintenance costs on supercaps won't work, and that the only meaningful cost that can be imposed to restrict supercapital proliferation is player time (and specifically to make the requirement one that can't be outsourced for ISK). If it "costs" x hours a month to own a titan, people will think long and hard before committing to owning two.

If you're worried about super-duper goon specops victimising new players with titans, then the player time sink can be something that can be done in station, that distributed science mini game thing I forget the name of for instance.
    Time sink is a good idea. I just don't know how much CCP is willing to risk a titan pilot deciding not to pay $15 a month because an x hours a month on a time sink isn't worth it. There are people out there that have dozens of supers and titans that swipe the credit card for PLEX. idk if CCP is going to risk that $ for balance.
    I dont think we need to have them nerfed in some odd way as fun as it sounds to make owning such ships to be a special form of misery in this miserable game, what they really need is an old school gank night fleet, filled with Nos Domis, battle badgers and Merlings of doom to punch these titans right in the fucking face.

These needlejack thingys seem like they'd really amplify the ability to do such stuff and make it very hard for spais to give away what a fleet might be getting upto in advance. (Not knowing anything much about them, are they consumables?)

But then again, it seems our glorious CSM candidate does not have the isk for bribes SRP
    Last edited by Dani Leone; May 16 2020 at 11:45:51 AM. Reason: eye k'not spel

I think Malc had a decent idea a whole back that titans needed to harvest the sun or something. Do something like that. Add a max ammo/sun cap of like three charges and have it expire after 48 hours. I would make a point to not allow anything other than the titan be able to harvest from the sun.

But shit guys, I have not really played since WWB so I don’t know.
    Gee... Now Goons don't even have to fight your titans to kill them. They just need to hound you until you can't afford to pay the tax/collect fuel and then they bring out their titans after yours are rendered inoperable. Not like you can hound them back. How do you fight all their titans with fewer titans?
    Goons are not as competent as you seem to believe.

The idea wasn't to actually require titans to harvest the sun or whatever. The point being made in that discussion is that imposing fuel/maintenance costs on supercaps won't work, and that the only meaningful cost that can be imposed to restrict supercapital proliferation is player time (and specifically to make the requirement one that can't be outsourced for ISK). If it "costs" x hours a month to own a titan, people will think long and hard before committing to owning two.

If you're worried about super-duper goon specops victimising new players with titans, then the player time sink can be something that can be done in station, that distributed science mini game thing I forget the name of for instance.
    Time sink is a good idea. I just don't know how much CCP is willing to risk a titan pilot deciding not to pay $15 a month because an x hours a month on a time sink isn't worth it. There are people out there that have dozens of supers and titans that swipe the credit card for PLEX. idk if CCP is going to risk that $ for balance.
    Oh yeah no, I know it's never going to happen. I said it years ago, and it was never going to happen then either, even more so now.

The meta-commentary behind the proposal (it's a bad proposal that shouldn't be enacted btw) is that supercaps are fundamentally unbalancable in the normal gameplay sense with things that aren't supercaps, because the power level is just too extreme. The only way to "balance" them is therefore to impose extraordinary and unique penalties on the player, because balancing supercapitals is like trying to balance nuclear weapons in an FPS. Giving the Uzi a 7% RoF buff doesn't fix the problem.

When I was drunker and angrier than I am these days, in threads where people tried to pretend that there was some "just one small tweak" mechancial solution to supercaps just being ludicrous I used to sarcastically suggest that CCP balance supercaps by sending a guy round to shoot your dog (if you don't have a dog, you get punched in the dick instead.)

The more special rules and exceptions that you need to stack on to your pwnmobile, the more you need to just admit that the basic concept is broken and needs to be done over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

And still the few remaining players are just accumulating skillpoints, alts (from their friends that have quit) and money, you need to introduce new shinies to soak that isk and sp into, which hasn't happaned since titans were introduced, and as long as the titan is even slightly better than other alternatives people will gravitate to it.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And still the few remaining players are just accumulating skillpoints, alts (from their friends that have quit) and money, you need to introduce new shinies to soak that isk and sp into, which hasn't happaned since titans were introduced, and as long as the titan is even slightly better than other alternatives people will gravitate to it.
    While I hate to spoil your doomsaying, because I know how good it feels, like picking a scab or working out a particularly stubborn bit of earwax, CCP have added numerous new skills since Titans were introduced, most recently the triangle ships & turrets, and numerous other examples going back since then.

They just haven't introduced anything as grossly overpowered as Titans. For some reason you seem to think this is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

While I hate to spoil your doomsaying, because I know how good it feels, like picking a scab or working out a particularly stubborn bit of earwax, CCP have added numerous new skills since Titans were introduced, most recently the triangle ships & turrets, and numerous other examples going back since then.

They just haven't introduced anything as grossly overpowered as Titans. For some reason you seem to think this is bad.
    They have added way way less new stuff than what time it takes to aquire said stuff. And you have missed completely the point that the newthing don't need to be grossly overpowered omnivehicle, introduce for example something that only does stuff to supercapitals and you get a new race for the top overnight.

I still wish they would introduce more ships or just skills I could train, because atm i got nothing usefull to train really.
    Im currently training rigging skills to five for rigs I doubt ill ever use, and once those skills are done, then I got fuck all to train unless I buy the titan skillbooks (already got the doomsday skills to 5, because, well gunnery skills).

I quit at the point where I was training weapon specs to V for that extra 2%

I quit at the point where I was training weapon specs to V for that extra 2%
    I want some advanced weapon spec skills for a added 1% per level to come out so i can have more sp in gunnery

I

WANT

MY

FUCKING

ZAPPIBOY

NOW

CCP is taking forever with this shit.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Them endorsements, so many people I miss from this game

Don't make me resub, nothing will really change. The moment they decided to split triage and carriers and axe combat refitting is when they neutered the fight of the few against the many and it rolled over into the n+1 it was all over anyway. These changes are hard to roll back (if any lol) and what piled on top of those turds just made the game impossibly unfun (if that was ever possible).

Tbh I will vote for you, Snuff was a good home for a long time and it was always a privilege to fly with you but the truth is those times will not come back regardless of the effort involved. I hope you're keeping well and doing well and this is a project to "complete" your EvE portfolio so to speak, but I honestly don't expect anything to change (albeit I do wish for it).

Thank you for bringing back a bit of nostalgia <3
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Don't make me resub, nothing will really change. The moment they decided to split triage and carriers and axe combat refitting is when they neutered the fight of the few against the many and it rolled over into the n+1 it was all over anyway. These changes are hard to roll back (if any lol) and what piled on top of those turds just made the game impossibly unfun (if that was ever possible).

Tbh I will vote for you, Snuff was a good home for a long time and it was always a privilege to fly with you but the truth is those times will not come back regardless of the effort involved. I hope you're keeping well and doing well and this is a project to "complete" your EvE portfolio so to speak, but I honestly don't expect anything to change (albeit I do wish for it).

I'm doing this because I have to try. If I don't, i'll feel like I abandoned the game at it's worst, when there was a chance I could have made it better.

They still have the CSM?

They still have the CSM?
    Still time for you to run

Opened the list of candidates, saw Mike Azariah, Xenuria, UAxDEATH, double checked the date, still 2020.

I'm doing this because I have to try. If I don't, i'll feel like I abandoned the game at it's worst, when there was a chance I could have made it better.
    o7
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

They still have the CSM?
    Still time for you to run
    Touché.

Just have better exit than Lark

Just have better exit than Lark
    Is there a better exit than Lark's?