hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Fara View Post
    how did the war go from "we can reimburse100 titans every day" to "lol we'll go to lowsec nbd"

all this hurfblurf about money and industrial power and how nobody can keep up with them

it's like it never happened
    People are dumb and will regurgitate propaganda they read without giving it much thought. In this case what people tend to skip over is that when the monthly economic report says 'delve has 8 trillion in ore mined this month' the imperium didn't actually mine 8 trillion in ore that month. Imperium line members mined 8 trillion in ore that month and the imperium got to tax them X% through refining, market taxes, etc.

Over several years this stacks up a very nice pile of isk and materials but obviously nowhere near what reddit goons tend to scream at you and it sure as shit isnt infinite. The vast majority of isk/materials are held by line members and getting them to feed their stuff into your warmachine is all fun and games when you're winning but nobody is looking to throw away all their shit in a war they are obviously losing.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Maybe make the NPCs drop thinks that are quite bulky but can be reprocessed into minerals? Should make things better with all that hauling and would not inject any isk into the economy
    lol
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; October 25 2020 at 05:05:17 PM.

Still have some of those compound things from when rogue drones dropped them. Not one of CCPs brighter ideas, that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodewhin Schwarz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    edit: resubbing was a mistake.
    Tbh they have a nice way of luring you back in. I only resubbed to vote for Phantomite but that was it. Game remains uninteresting*.

*I have the same feeling as when I was logging in to Star Wars The Old Republic. Nice stuff but not tempted. Did some thingsTM then logged off
    I log in for the people I fly with. they are way more interesting then the game.
    At some point you will realize that you can talk to people even without eve.
    we do, but we also fly spaceships sometimes. we have even been known to have fun doing it! crazy, i know.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

you are doing eve wrong if you are having fun. You are just supposed to make everyone more miserable.

You are just supposed to make everyone more miserable.
    I thought that was the fun part?

I'd prefer CCP just remove liquid isk bounties entirely (replace them with bounty sheets you have to take back to empire to sell, or something). This latest stuff just seems like them accepting that their previous "good idea" to get corps & alliances to focus on developing a few key systems, thus making them more obvious targets for attack & leaving more space for others to move in failed. No doubt it'll induce lots of screeching but few will unsub, little will change & there'll probably be some "unintended" consequence that ends up meaning supercap umbrellas are even more broken & the sov blobs can make even more isk at everyone elses expense.

edit: resubbing was a mistake. I don't like how quickly I've fallen back into being a bitter vet. (I blame the complete cockup that is how CCP have handlend the Triglavians since the invasion abruptly ended just after I paid up.)
    Maybe make the NPCs drop thinks that are quite bulky but can be reprocessed into minerals? Should make things better with all that hauling and would not inject any isk into the economy
    Ah yes. 2010s Drone lands! The origination of the super and titan proliferation! 14 bil isk supers all day long (That's back when a billion is actually bought something). It only took 5 years of Rorquals to offer supers cheaper.

But this time... All of nullsec. Because that won't crash the mineral economy and make mining worthless.

Real talk: The issue with blue loot is where are you gonna sell it? It works for WHs because we always connect to k-space. I could not imagine the nightmare of trying to coordinate the moving and selling of a trillion isk in blue loot from Omist of Fayth. RIP distant nullsec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodewhin Schwarz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    edit: resubbing was a mistake.
    Tbh they have a nice way of luring you back in. I only resubbed to vote for Phantomite but that was it. Game remains uninteresting*.

*I have the same feeling as when I was logging in to Star Wars The Old Republic. Nice stuff but not tempted. Did some thingsTM then logged off
    I log in for the people I fly with. they are way more interesting then the game.
    Oh, I know. I know.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    I'd prefer CCP just remove liquid isk bounties entirely (replace them with bounty sheets you have to take back to empire to sell, or something). This latest stuff just seems like them accepting that their previous "good idea" to get corps & alliances to focus on developing a few key systems, thus making them more obvious targets for attack & leaving more space for others to move in failed. No doubt it'll induce lots of screeching but few will unsub, little will change & there'll probably be some "unintended" consequence that ends up meaning supercap umbrellas are even more broken & the sov blobs can make even more isk at everyone elses expense.

edit: resubbing was a mistake. I don't like how quickly I've fallen back into being a bitter vet. (I blame the complete cockup that is how CCP have handlend the Triglavians since the invasion abruptly ended just after I paid up.)
    Ah yes. 2010s Drone lands! The origination of the super and titan proliferation! 14 bil isk supers all day long (That's back when a billion is actually bought something). It only took 5 years of Rorquals to offer supers cheaper.

But this time... All of nullsec. Because that won't crash the mineral economy and make mining worthless.

Real talk: The issue with blue loot is where are you gonna sell it? It works for WHs because we always connect to k-space. I could not imagine the nightmare of trying to coordinate the moving and selling of a trillion isk in blue loot from Omist of Fayth. RIP distant nullsec.
    I mean, the Drone Regions managed without isk bounties for a good while (even if it did collapse the mineral market). Players would have to adapt, but then that would fit with CCPs big words about encouraging regional variety & conflict. It's not like corps/alliances living further out from empire don't already have to adjust to longer travel times etc compared to those living closer, unless things really have got that samey & homogenous since I last paid nullsec any real thought.

I mean, the Drone Regions managed without isk bounties for a good while (even if it did collapse the mineral market). Players would have to adapt, but then that would fit with CCPs big words about encouraging regional variety & conflict. It's not like corps/alliances living further out from empire don't already have to adjust to longer travel times etc compared to those living closer, unless things really have got that samey & homogenous since I last paid nullsec any real thought.
    Minerals are massively oversupplied as it is and are literally the foundation of the cancer that is/has been supercap proliferation, CCP has finally begin taking steps to actually unfuck this mess so bringing dronepoop back is a straight up retarded idea.

"Managed" as in started dropping 5ish milfs and 1-10 tracking titans on 5 person gangs

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

Minerals are massively oversupplied as it is and are literally the foundation of the cancer that is/has been supercap proliferation, CCP has finally begin taking steps to actually unfuck this mess so bringing dronepoop back is a straight up retarded idea.
    Dropping minerals wasn't my idea. My point was that npcs not giving liquid isk rewards for their destruction didn't turn out to be a sufficient deterrent to stop people populating the drone regions, so it wouldn't be for the rest of nullsec, either. Trig/edencom data sheets would be the example of what I'd see bounties replaced with.

As for supercap proliferation, drone regions sped that process up rather than caused it - as it was the inevitable no matter how expensive CCP makes them since they effectively cost nothing (in fact they're pretty op for PvE) once built until they're destroyed, so there's no incentive not to have as many as possible. Indeed, all raising the cost does now is give a massive incumbent advantage to those who already have them. & that was before CCP seem to have abandoned the notion of caps/supercaps being corp/alliance projects rather than a way to get more indivduals to buy multiple accounts.
    Last edited by Lancehot; October 27 2020 at 09:39:17 PM.

Why is this shitty thread active?
    Anyhow, was just shooting structure for one hour and no one came
    Also I remembered a Hamburg FHC meetup from 2014. With Joe Appleby, Tyrehl, Eshnala and tekai
    Good times.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

So, this great war thingy? Did it fizzle down or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Goons gave up. No need to lose the super and titan fleet over Delve. There are other places they can live in.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Goons gave up. No need to lose the super and titan fleet over Delve. There are other places they can live in.
    Eve is a game where the social expectation means that avoiding loss is FAR more important than attempting a win.
    It's the single worst cancer that has ever grown in new eden.

It is the cause of blueballs AND the cause of constant batphoning and blobbing.

The stigma of loss is real, and we're all guilty of propagating it by mocking loss more than we congratulate wins.

And the constant harasment of losers of wars, but that you get when you have a game filled with bullies.
    Last edited by depili; November 8 2020 at 09:38:07 AM.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    And the constant harasment of losers of wars, but that you get when you have a game filled with bullies.
    I think the ruthless nature of eve is the key to it's feel.

But something painful that would go a long way towards fixing it would be...

The abolition of killmails.

It's not going to happen, because we've based our entire lives around these records, but removing verified records of kills from eve would slow the bandying-around of kills to shame people, and would also remove a huge amount of free intel. Both great things.

To be fair, from the moment papi got their keepstar in Delve it's been the smarter tactic for Goons to take as much of their stuff as they can to NPC space & lay low for a month or so, wait for the people attacking them to get bored & start fighting somewhere else, then regroup & retake their space - or somewhere else - from whatever lesser alliances get left there. It's pretty much how I remember sov war being 10 years ago & don't see any reason for it to have changed.

They just gave up?! What kind lame ass thing is this? I mean, I know you really cant kill en entity in EVE but given the stated mission goal of exterminatus;

Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I think the ruthless nature of eve is the key to it's feel.

But something painful that would go a long way towards fixing it would be...

The abolition of killmails.

It's not going to happen, because we've based our entire lives around these records, but removing verified records of kills from eve would slow the bandying-around of kills to shame people, and would also remove a huge amount of free intel. Both great things.
    Before we had killmails, we used to keep track of kills manually. It's never going away.