hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Eve

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    The battles themself are of course 7-9 hours long and decent responsive, the friday one will be the first with super-potato mode (no 3D modeling) that was introduced last tuesday. Lets see if it makes a difference with 4.5/6k in local.
    Super-potato is only a client side improvement, so if anything server performance should be worse as players are now capable of running more accounts.

2d mode is good. Means less to distract you from pressing F1.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    don't forget to tell anyone who cries about superpotatomode not lowering tidi or lag that they're a thicko.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    The battles themself are of course 7-9 hours long and decent responsive, the friday one will be the first with super-potato mode (no 3D modeling) that was introduced last tuesday. Lets see if it makes a difference with 4.5/6k in local.
    Super-potato is only a client side improvement, so if anything server performance should be worse as players are now capable of running more accounts.
    Yeh i know, just curious if it helps me.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Yeh i know, just curious if it helps me.
    You're beyond help.

edit: Trig invasion is over & with it has gone my enthusiasm.
    Last edited by Lancehot; October 16 2020 at 08:35:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Hey, what about that huge gamechanging war to end all wars that was happening? let me guess, it fizzled?
    Not really. Goons whelped 5 tillion isk to kill 2 keepstars in Delve. Honestly, I am surprised TEST and friends didn't try to anchor third.
    We obviously will as the nonstop feeding is too good to pass up, nobody felt like doing 14 hour tidi grind for 3rd day in a row though because of jobs/lives/etc.
    Which is a shame. Goons were exhausting their prepared supplies of ships. They may have won a third, but the fourth would have been a real struggle. Now they have had a few days to reset and resupply. Good luck making any headway now.
    5 days after your post...

We dropped 2 KS in FWST, 1 in 319 (all death). And a new one in 319 that is out at 17:30 friday. Super and titan brawl yesterday, goons lost 16 titans and 22 supers i think. 2.4T lost goons vs. 700 b Pandafam.

We call the KS venus fly traps. Yes goons kill the KS until now but at a cost of >1T each time. Last ks battle in 319 goons lost 1200 ravens.

It must be a tiny bit embarrassing after all these years of slating goons as carebears and noobs for NCdot to see goons fight infinitely harder for their space against greater odds than when NC just noped out of any defence at all.

Hahaha just kidding of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Interesting to know I could personally fund 20 goon KS whelp fleets. If I could only be bothered to log in, and thought it would make any difference. Or cared to help them.

Another PAPI KS being whelped right now by goon ravens... https://www.twitch.tv/imperiumnews

So this asher guy in goons seems to have been the driving force behind their redemption story recently. Everything I see makes goons look very culturally different from when I played.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    It must be a tiny bit embarrassing after all these years of slating goons as carebears and noobs for NCdot to see goons fight infinitely harder for their space against greater odds than when NC just noped out of any defence at all.

I mean... I don't agree that it is fighting harder. Anyone can kill a keepstar if they throw enough ships at it. There isn't anything "hard" about it. Not surprising after years of Rorquals that you can throw virtually infinite ships at however many keepstars PAPI drops.

But I do agree that NCdot, Test, and Horde probably couldn't replicate it. So take your "Best Krabs in Eve" prize with you when you leave.

Only going on 2nd hand info, but from what I've heard attempts by Imperium at anything more complicated than keep dying till it goes down have fallen foul to either ti-di or alts. Also think I read the latest attempt to anchor a keepstar failed because it bugged out in ti-di. Why do you still do this to yourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Hey, what about that huge gamechanging war to end all wars that was happening? let me guess, it fizzled?
    Not really. Goons whelped 5 tillion isk to kill 2 keepstars in Delve. Honestly, I am surprised TEST and friends didn't try to anchor third.
    We obviously will as the nonstop feeding is too good to pass up, nobody felt like doing 14 hour tidi grind for 3rd day in a row though because of jobs/lives/etc.
    Which is a shame. Goons were exhausting their prepared supplies of ships. They may have won a third, but the fourth would have been a real struggle. Now they have had a few days to reset and resupply. Good luck making any headway now.
    5 days after your post...

We dropped 2 KS in FWST, 1 in 319 (all death). And a new one in 319 that is out at 17:30 friday. Super and titan brawl yesterday, goons lost 16 titans and 22 supers i think. 2.4T lost goons vs. 700 b Pandafam.

We call the KS venus fly traps. Yes goons kill the KS until now but at a cost of >1T each time. Last ks battle in 319 goons lost 1200 ravens.

You must know by now that i dont give a flying fuck about alliance level reddit bickering. We say we win the isk war and attrition is a thing, goons say they won the strategic objective. Both are true, i just pew pew.

Its 4 am, battle is still raging i am going to bed. I docked in the ks Malc, come kill me when i log back in and the ks is dead <3
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So this asher guy in goons seems to have been the driving force behind their redemption story recently. Everything I see makes goons look very culturally different from when I played.
    We have come a long way since CAOD and kugu so nu-goons, like everyone else, have had to adapt to the greater EVE public interactions on reddit. Since power more than ever relies on raw numbers, it is not a viable strategy to alienate potential members with an image of actual evil and fuckery, which is why we now have cuddly front figures and gfs in local on both sides.

What's this about a keepstar in Delve?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Keepstar number 5 came online and is now up and running. For unknown reasons goons let us destroy their fort(s) in system and did not drop new one(s) which impacted their ability to stage in system, they then showed up late (or not early?) to the timer only to find out the keepstar was covered in ~150 large bubbles making their warp in at range and shoot tactic require a lot more work to pull off. Some feroxes and other stuff was fed, an INIT praxis got into the middle of the bubbles to do something (?) and then goons withdrew.

Good guys claimed strategic on top of their existing isk victory and are now restaging into delve. Goons have been crying on reddit, internal chat, goonTV and in mittani pings about how 150 bubbles are cheats because they couldnt load grid and how they're going to hax all their keepstars with 150 bubbles as well. (https://www.reddit.com/user/Ralph_Shepard this goon being by far the saltiest of the whole lot. )

During the ~hour of repair timers we warped in fleets and jumped in dread/titan groups with no real issues though...

Delicious meme video because its hilarious;
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; October 19 2020 at 10:38:12 PM.

Wasn't it a thing in the long long ago where people would spam cargo containers to make the grid unloadable?

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    mittani pings about how 150 bubbles are cheats because they couldnt load grid and how they're going to hax all their keepstars with 150 bubbles as well.

Prediction:
    Goons anchor 500 bubbles, CCP removes them for being deliberately excessive, Goons cries of CCP bias are heard as far as Mars, the Mittani grooms the entire cult into beleiving CCP forced a goon evac - and uses that as the basis for the next book in the Always the Victim series.

Note:
    Thousands of Papi made it onto the grid without crashing, seems to be goon-centric that 150 bubbles made the game non-functional
    Last edited by whispous; October 20 2020 at 12:03:33 AM.

The hypocrisy is exactly what you'd expect from a bunch of fucking wallflower losers who don't know how to fuck, or party or live their fucking lives LIKE MEN. After we won last night I went upstairs, I can't talk about what I did actually because "Twitch regulations", I relaxed I had some fun. Did the kind of things that I know these guys can't do

Think I preferred it when the only time you saw eve players faces was at fanfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Wasn't it a thing in the long long ago where people would spam cargo containers to make the grid unloadable?
    Spamming >150 bubbles and or containers seems to be the limit CCP has set a few years ago. Pandafam asked permission/ruling from a dev before the battle and that is why we kept the anchored bubbles at 149 T2 large.
    If goons want to do the same 149 bubbles there should be equal rules but of course they are shouting we will do 500 or 1000.

Spin now is that YZG is a inferior beachhead into Delve compared to 319
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.