hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Cyberknights: Flashpoint Kickstarter by Trese brothers

Cyberknights: Flashpoint Kickstarter by Trese brothers

The new game by Trese Brothers (Templar Battleforce, Star Traders: Frontiers), Cyberknights: Flashpoint, a cyberpunk tactical turn-based RPG (like a mix of XCOM, Mafia and Shadowrun) got funded in under 12h. Given the track record of the studio I had no reservation pledging at the $100 level. They still have 30 days to go, so I am curious to see what stretch goals will be added.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../cyber-knights

10 years of cyberpunk it is

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    10 years of cyberpunk it is
    As an 80s kid, I'm all for it. Nostalgia wrapped in a modern package.

This particular one tho? It'll depend on the writing if I'll get it or not.
    I absolutely love Harebrains Shadowrun games, but that's almost entirely due to the excelent writing and atmosphere they pulled off.
    Not entirely sold on the esthetics either. Worth keeping an eye on thou.

I have this theory that the reason we're seeing all the 80s stuff is all the boomers are finally dying or retiring so we get to relive all the Gen X kids' childhood memories now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I have this theory that the reason we're seeing all the 80s stuff is all the boomers are finally dying or retiring so we get to relive all the Gen X kids' childhood memories now.
    oh. that would explain all the military shooters in the past 15ish years.. I'd have expected to see more wild west games in the past decade tho.

Kickstarted because like the genre, the premise and that these guys just have a rock solid record. Templar Battleforce and Star Traders: Frontiers both seem at first glance to be simple games but have a tonne of depth and are very engaging both gameplay and lorewise. And the devs keep adding new shit regularly and stick with it, and not add new shit via paid DLC either.
    Putin 2012

Kickstarted because solid dev history, sensible level of stuff so far, and snazzy customisable guns in a cyberpunk world.