hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Temtem - Pokemon MMO in Early Access

Temtem - Pokemon MMO in Early Access

https://store.steampowered.com/app/745920/Temtem/
    https://crema.gg/games/temtem/

I haven't really played any Pokemon games (Pokemon Go doesn't count) since the old Gameboy days but this game scratches all those itches and more. Some say this is the best Pokemon game out currently but I really don't have the experience to say one way or the other. I do know this game is very polished for early access and the only clue it is such are buildings marked Work in Progress that you can't enter yet.

I've been paying attention to this one a little bit, didn't know it was out in ea yet. Thinking I'll give it a look too, I do lowkey hate the artstyle for much the same reasons that I've hated the direction pokemon went with it's artstyle, but it looks interesting enough to try out.

This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Is this the kind of thing that Nintendo will guillotine using their legal might after teary eyed nerds have all bought it?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Is this the kind of thing that Nintendo will guillotine using their legal might after teary eyed nerds have all bought it?
    Don't see how they could as the only platform TemTem won't be on is Nintendo. Hard to see how they can justify losing sales due to people confusing it with Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Don't see how they could as the only platform TemTem won't be on is Nintendo. Hard to see how they can justify losing sales due to people confusing it with Pokemon.
    It's also been around and known about for a while now and it's not like it's the only monster catching and training thing around. There's plenty really.

Don't see what they could really do besides trying to bulldoze them into the ground with worthless unwinnable but expensive litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    It's also been around and known about for a while now and it's not like it's the only monster catching and training thing around. There's plenty really.

Don't see what they could really do besides trying to bulldoze them into the ground with worthless unwinnable but expensive litigation.
    yeah it's been in dev and was funded via kickstarter over a year ago. I don't think nintendo is going to fight it because while the format is similar there is already established precedent with games like warcraft/starcraft essentially copying the format of command and conquer, which itself was basically Dune II re-skinned. You can trademark Pikachu but you can't trademark the idea of catching cute monsters and then having virtual dogfighting rings with them.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

yeah it's been in dev and was funded via kickstarter over a year ago. I don't think nintendo is going to fight it because while the format is similar there is already established precedent with games like warcraft/starcraft essentially copying the format of command and conquer, which itself was basically Dune II re-skinned. You can trademark Pikachu but you can't trademark the idea of catching cute monsters and then having virtual dogfighting rings with them.
    Genres are a thing and have always been, I'm glad Pubg weren't successful with their shit when they tried it.

Digimon, Yokai watch etc. have all been a thing for ages too, case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

There's also a precedent: Digimon, which is basically just Pokémon as far as I understand, and it's been existing just fine for ages already.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

It's coming out on switch this year.

I think Nintendo is surprisingly fine with it. I thought it would be sued into oblivion too.

On the other hand it's the same nintendo that has been copyright striking reviews praising their games because they used few seconds of original soundtrack. Only time will tell.

Mari Mobility was found guilty of infringing on Nintendo’s intellectual property. The go-karting company’s original name resembles Mario Kart, and it also has offered Nintendo-themed costumes for customers to wear.
    Those Nintendo monsters!
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Mari Mobility was found guilty of infringing on Nintendo’s intellectual property. The go-karting company’s original name resembles Mario Kart, and it also has offered Nintendo-themed costumes for customers to wear.
    Those Nintendo monsters!
    Was gonna say, Nintendo does a lot of dumb and questionable shit but that one is pretty fair.