hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Home Building/Improvement thread

Electrical connection point installed (includes a special hook-up to be used during building so dont need a specific connection for that), floor heating laid out and a lot of the water connections sticking out.
    And "someone" are going to need to get clever when it comes to getting things into and hooked up in the engineering room, its gonna be tiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

That looks quite nice and 90sqm is more than enough to live decently as a family imho. Being a house it's really nice seeing there's woods literally across the street from it. Congratulations!

P.S.: yes building it is hell and it's expensive but it's totally worth it. My parents did this in the countryside and I'm always happy when I go visit. They're hilarious though because they've grown and lived most of their lives in the city so the animals and insects are driving them mental They're slowly growing accustomed to the idea that they moved in the nature so they may as well accept all the stuff that comes with that.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    That looks quite nice and 90sqm is more than enough to live decently as a family imho. Being a house it's really nice seeing there's woods literally across the street from it. Congratulations!
    Thank you! And anywhere you go, in any direction, there will be woods, mountains and water pretty much instantly.

And TA-DAAAA! It has arrived!

And right now I'm trying to wrap up the choice of floor and inside walls. Its not only 6 gazillion options to chose from but when you find something that make you go "oh, hmm yeah that could be nice" its, obviously, the most expensive ones. Fuck.
    Speaking of expensive, decided to hold off on the terrace for now, I gamble the price of material have gone down in 6m because right now its just ridiculous.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Thank you! And anywhere you go, in any direction, there will be woods, mountains and water pretty much instantly.

And TA-DAAAA! It has arrived!

And right now I'm trying to wrap up the choice of floor and inside walls. Its not only 6 gazillion options to chose from but when you find something that make you go "oh, hmm yeah that could be nice" its, obviously, the most expensive ones. Fuck.
    Speaking of expensive, decided to hold off on the terrace for now, I gamble the price of material have gone down in 6m because right now its just ridiculous.
    If only we knew a place with a fuck loads of wood nearby and readily available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Things are proceeding as planned, outside timber-panel arrives tomorrow together with the material for the small porch.

I have looked at so many floor and wall options I honestly feel like my eyes are bleeding and my head will implode any second.
    Now I got the wall sorted in terms of "style". I think. Next is to find out if its is possible to get in Sweden.

So..next door neighbor is 40km away?
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    There is literally another house visible in the picture, less than 100m uphill.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    There is literally another house visible in the picture, less than 100m uphill.
    Yeah, there are 16 planned but I'm at the end of the "street".
    The whole area have about 300 houses/cabins spread out, honestly not sure how many are living there permanently but its not many.
    In 15 years there has never been a time where it felt like there is a lot of people around, quite the opposite, we have honestly wondered where everyone is...

https://goo.gl/maps/N6GUCMK1j3cshjei7

But there is almost 40km to nearest larger "town" that has grocery stores etc.
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; October 22 2021 at 08:25:02 AM.

Seems like an ideal place for team FHC to gather when the time comes for our last stand against the coming zombie apocalypse

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Seems like an ideal place for team FHC to gather when the time comes for our last stand against the coming zombie apocalypse
    Or a summer BBQ. Whichever event happens first.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Or a summer BBQ. Whichever event happens first.
    Either of the two would be ideal for murdering pasty looking people in the nearby woodlands

The zombie apocalypse is already happening, the zombies are just eating tide pods, bleach and horse dewormers instead of brains.