hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Home Building/Improvement thread

We installed the temporary solution to the air heat pump deliver issues this morning, looked great (remember I was told in no uncertain words there was no way in hell I'll get the real air heat pump it in time).
    5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES after that was done I got a text saying "your air heat pump is on its way and will be delivered this afternoon".

I cant make this shit up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    We installed the temporary solution to the air heat pump deliver issues this morning, looked great (remember I was told in no uncertain words there was no way in hell I'll get the real air heat pump it in time).
    5 minutes. FIVE MINUTES after that was done I got a text saying "your air heat pump is on its way and will be delivered this afternoon".

I cant make this shit up.
    ONLINE! \o/

Had inspection of general ventilation, kitchen ventilation and fireplace/chimney today. Got a scare for the kitchen part but turned out to be under control. Fireplace/chimney needs some minor adjustments where it connects to the roof which is easily fixed. Operational testing of the fireplace, i.e lighting a small fire and also use a smoke cartridge, showed it working perfectly fine with no leaks and good draft.

All in all Im cautiously optimistic this will work out in time for next week...
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

[QUOTE='Lowa [NSN];1962715']
    Had inspection of general ventilation, kitchen ventilation and fireplace/chimney today. Got a scare for the kitchen part but turned out to be under control. Fireplace/chimney needs some minor adjustments where it connects to the roof which is easily fixed. Operational testing of the fireplace, i.e lighting a small fire and also use a smoke cartridge, showed it working perfectly fine with no leaks and good draft.

All in all Im cautiously optimistic this will work out in time for next week...
    Awesome that it is moving forward so (under the circumstances) well

Looking forward to the first failheap bbq at your place :P

Well...it was absolute chaos up until the last moment but FUCK YEAH we are done and approved! \o/

I admit to being truly exhausted after past week, holy shit. So many times I thought "this will never get done in time"! But now at least I can sort of relax and enjoy the less stressful part of getting things into the house to make it a livable place.
    The list is loooong but now I can take the time, no hounding to get things on time, no dead lines, no relentless calling to get stuff and check permits, no coordinating a bunch of people, no logistics. It honestly feel quite strange having "nothing to do" now...

I'll be back once I start getting the interior ready for use. And have sorted those final little details that always remain.
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; June 25 2022 at 07:53:35 PM.

Grats on getting achoring I done and your space hut up, just don't forget the stront.

Congratulations!

How many square metres is the house?

Hi fucking 5 dude.

Grats on bringing everything together, it looks ace.

Just remember to do the boring maintenance stuff and the home will serve you well until you are old and crusty.
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    looks fucking class, well done

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Congratulations!

Thank you! Not the biggest, came out at 90sqm living space + terrace.

amazing stuff
    Dude, congratulations, it looks absolutely stunning and really appears to be that "forever home". Pls add cats and books... lots of books

Also finally got my rep butan so I can rep you for the monumental effort. Grats again!
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    amazing stuff
    Dude, congratulations, it looks absolutely stunning and really appears to be that "forever home". Pls add cats and books... lots of books

Also finally got my rep butan so I can rep you for the monumental effort. Grats again!
    Much, much appreciated!
    Might not be a cat* I'm sure I can add in some books down the line.

*its straight out dangerous for small pets up there, have not seen many people with cats. They seem to disappear without a trace...

*its straight out dangerous for small pets up there, have not seen many people with cats. They seem to disappear without a trace...
    If you leave it outside it may become ninja cat (disappears quickly and without trace), but indoor should be ok. Then again it's hard to not have it run into the woods when the door is slightly ajar, cats are pretty stupid at times
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Congratulations!

Thank you! Not the biggest, came out at 90sqm living space + terrace.
    That is a perfectly fine size, especially with the nice layout of your house.

Banned Movember 2011Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

If you leave it outside it may become ninja cat (disappears quickly and without trace), but indoor should be ok. Then again it's hard to not have it run into the woods when the door is slightly ajar, cats are pretty stupid at times
    The solution is to build a vestibule or enclosed porch.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Bigups skinny dude, congrats!
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

My dream come true, well done. Wifey, house near the wild, mountains in sight. Body of water near, can't ask for much else. Maybe fast internet, can you get someone/yourself lay a fibre there? What are the costs?

Wow absolutely amazing, well done!
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Maybe fast internet, can you get someone/yourself lay a fibre there? What are the costs?
    Thank you! And yes I got fibre coming straight in, just waiting for them to come do it (they unfortunately arent the fastest or the most communicative bunch so no idea when).
    It was included with the property price so not sure what the cost is but I did hear someone mention between €2000-3000 from the connection point and into the house.