hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The British Journalism thread

Its probably easier for him to suppress he thoughts about fucking his virginal darling daughter while she's safely tucked away in boarding school though.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I'm finding it more difficult to grasp what kind of pompous ponce would gatekeep how others enjoy pizza.
    fyp
    The pineapple must flow!
    meh

She's been at boarding school for 6 years? Virginal at 18? Ha ha ha, good one, mate, hate to break it to you.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

the whole virginal obsession doesn't make sense any longer anyway, we can actually treat STD's now and sex is one of those things that get so much better with practice.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

It's about power and control over women, not sex. As evidenced by his comments about his son being a shagger.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It's about power and control over women, not sex. As evidenced by his comments about his son being a shagger.
    quite, just poking holes in the figleaf used to justify it.

if it where me i'd probably just hand over a big pack of condoms and tell her to not get too drunk so she misses out of part of the vacation due to hangovers.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    The opening line tells you all you need to know about how much effort he put in to raise his daughter. Probably actually for the best though

"At the Leavers’ Ball held to mark our daughter’s last day at boarding school, there were only two topics of conversation among the anxious parents. How early could we decently slope off without being rebuked by our girls? And the dreaded Leavers’ trip to Magaluf."

Has child. Fucks them off to an institution at 12 so he can pursue his full time high flying career in, er, journalism. Cant even be arsed to stay for a full evening.
    I was gonna say you've got to be massive prick for treating your kids important events like its some dumb work party, but then I realized he probably enjoys work and networking more than anything related to his daughter

You guys have got to shake up your journalism field so its not filled with aristocrats and soulless careerists

What an inspirational figure......

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/teena...n-two-21022468

Ollie's dad, Paul, started him out in the property game early on, by giving him the occasional shift on his construction site, where he first stated saving for his dream of home ownership
    Just starting out from scratch on your parents construction site...

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Ollie's dad, Paul, started him out in the property game early on, by giving him the occasional shift on his construction site, where he first stated saving for his dream of home ownership
    Just starting out from scratch on your parents construction site...
    WE NEED TO PUBLISH THIS GURU'S STORY!

Gets driven to work

Britain's terrible excuse for food aside, can someone explain what happened to the BBC? They used to be the poster child for public broadcasting, but now seems to have one scandal after the other pandering to Boris and covering for his mistakes.

There's an obvious problem with trying to be an impartial yet state funded broadcaster in the age of the ALMIGHTY NEWS CYCLE and in a society which is racing to cripple itself as fast as possible

It's astonishing that they've lasted this long

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Britain's terrible excuse for food aside, can someone explain what happened to the BBC? They used to be the poster child for public broadcasting, but now seems to have one scandal after the other pandering to Boris and covering for his mistakes.
    David Cameron packed the board positions in his control with his cronies.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    There's an obvious problem with trying to be an impartial yet state funded broadcaster in the age of the ALMIGHTY NEWS CYCLE and in a society which is racing to cripple itself as fast as possible

I don't think its the news cycle. The BBC as an institution has been corrupted by recent board appointees and the general death of working class journalism. The only people who can make it into the newsrooms are those who can work for free in exploitative internships for years at a time being supported by family money.

I don't think its the news cycle. The BBC as an institution has been corrupted by recent board appointees and the general death of working class journalism. The only people who can make it into the newsrooms are those who can work for free in exploitative internships for years at a time being supported by family money.
    Its always been a bit nathan barleyish though, the industry.

Most of the internship/volunteering stuff needs to be banished forever. And people keep wondering why journalism, law, and government are filled with complete jerkoffs.
    Last edited by mewninn; December 7 2019 at 12:07:20 AM.

Not wrong

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I recently introduced a Canadian friend to the greatness that is a chip butty. He was appalled.

Personally I think it's best with butter and a touch of hot English mustard.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I recently introduced a Canadian friend to the greatness that is a chip butty. He was appalled.

Thoughts?
    stop abusing chips like that.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Thoughts?
    stop abusing chips like that.
    Yer! It's ketchup brown sauce or nthin' ya heathen!
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.