hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The British Journalism thread

The British Journalism thread

Taking Kekker's idea that we should contain the madness, lets have a thread to deposit some of the oddball nonsense that our modern media pumps out;be it political nonsense, trite bollocks or blatant lies. there is a lot of it out there.

Gonna kick off with something light that i spotted before. 1500 word essay on how to eat a crisp sandwich....

https://www.theguardian.com/food/201...crisp-sandwich

The Scott Trust would be proud of the entire series of "how to eat" articles. Independent integrity of the highest value and worth to society.
    that being said, by all means post good journalism to share here too please. Please! For the love of god.

why would you put crisps in a sandwich ?

i never understood that one, deep fried mars bars, while disgusting as an idea and very nice eating at least makes sense at a glance, crisps in a sandwich though. why ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

“Contain” the “madness?”

Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    “Contain” the “madness?”

Madness.
    Fair. Distill the madness and present it here in concentrated form

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    why would you put crisps in a sandwich ?

i never understood that one, deep fried mars bars, while disgusting as an idea and very nice eating at least makes sense at a glance, crisps in a sandwich though. why ?
    Crisp sandwiches are amazing.

There's something about the contrast of bread, butter and crisp. Smooth and sharp.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

So one article in ive been completely fairly undermined; in that non-brits don't get the crisp sammich and need to be told. FUCK SAKE.

British journalism: informative and useful.

Fuck

The chip sandwich is fine. We enjoy the same thing in saffa (Simba chili chips work the best), but it doesn't hold a candle to the slaptjips sarmie.

I'm finding it more difficult to grasp what kind of pompous ponce would gatekeep how others enjoy sandwiches.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    The chip sandwich is fine. We enjoy the same thing in saffa (Simba chili chips work the best), but it doesn't hold a candle to the slaptjips sarmie.

I'm finding it more difficult to grasp what kind of pompous ponce would gatekeep how others enjoy sandwiches.
    Indeed. Im gonna complain to IPSO

It's fine to enjoy it, just never have any serious opinions about food and bitch at others about it ever. You know, as our brits do.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    It's fine to enjoy it, just never have any serious opinions about food and bitch at others about it ever. You know, as our brits do.

I'm finding it more difficult to grasp what kind of pompous ponce would gatekeep how others enjoy pizza.
    fyp

British Journalism, informing the median classes and lumpenproletariat since 1919.

DOG
    BLESS
    THE
    QUEEN

For the edifickation of the lower classes and entertainmente of Britain as such can be found in foodstuffes

-a treatise following the discovery of the potato and sundry, Doctorate of philology and agrology Duckslayere

FancomicidolkostŁmier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    This thread is now about sandwiches.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Not so fast! I'm falling down a James Delingpole rabbit hole and his complete and utter upper class drivel.

Let us start with My daughterís gone to Magaluf, and itís hard not to worry

I won't link it because I don't want to give him page views. But lets dive into the mind of the English right wing 'journalist'...

Magaluf ó Shagaluf as the kids all call it ó is the post-A-levels destination of choice for what seems like every school leaver in the country. If youíve seen The Inbetweeners Movie youíll know what itís like: charmless, garish avenues of overpriced bars and clubs with pushy greeters, expensive party cruises, grotesque drunkenness, epic hangovers, sunburn, STDs and gallons of vomit.
    Sticking in a timely referenceto show how down with the kids he is. The inbetweeners movie came out 8 years ago...

Quite how much Shagaluf lives up to its nickname I donít know and I donít want to know. Perhaps Iíd feel differently if Boy were going. Possibly, Iíd expect photos of all his conquests, plus a short biog including where they were educated and their fathersí net worth.
    Hmmm okay

But with daughters itís different. The very last thing you want to imagine is buff but brainless lads with waxed bum cheeks like the ones on Love Island even so much as making eye contact with that darling piece of virginal beauty and perfection you sired 18 years ago.
    darling piece of virginal beauty and perfection
    What?!
    A perfectly normal way to refer to your 18 year old daughter.

The rest of the article is him humble bragging about how much he pays for her school (40k a term) and saying it hasn't prepared her for the 'real world'. Although it seems unlikely she's going to live a life the majority of people in this country consider 'real'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

fucking hell

wow

The opening line tells you all you need to know about how much effort he put in to raise his daughter. Probably actually for the best though

"At the Leavers’ Ball held to mark our daughter’s last day at boarding school, there were only two topics of conversation among the anxious parents. How early could we decently slope off without being rebuked by our girls? And the dreaded Leavers’ trip to Magaluf."

Has child. Fucks them off to an institution at 12 so he can pursue his full time high flying career in, er, journalism. Cant even be arsed to stay for a full evening.

Tiffany Daneff, James Dellingpole's wife also does the journalism.

"Natural swimming pools: Everything you need to know about building one in your garden "

Like tennis courts, swimming pools tend to be hidden out of sight at the end of the garden, that offensively brilliant-Californian-blue rectangle, sensibly disguised behind trees or tucked away behind high walls. And quite right, too; few sights are more guaranteed to disrupt a bucolic view.

There’s a much simpler solution: the natural swimming pond. With dragonflies glinting on the reeds and waterlilies drifting on the surface, they look just like a real pond and are excellent for wildlife, but allow for entry without getting mud between your toes.

Popular in Austria and Germany, they’re now gaining fans in this country. After the summer we’ve just had, it’s easy to see why. Here’s everything you need to know.
    riiiiiiiiight

What do they cost?

Prices average about £110,000 – £130,000, depending on size and situation.
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I too like a pond to swim in. It's just not a real swim unless you're wondering about the algae content on the bottom.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'