hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Not White [Friday]

  1. #1
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,121

    Not White [Friday]

    So far not much Black Friday shopping going on, got some more Hue bulbs and that's about it.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

  2. #2
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,596
    Just browsing for xmas presents at the moment. Google home mini, released for 949 norwegian lutefisks, ordinary price 699 lutefisks, black friday discount it costs 249 lutefisks. Maybe everyone I know needs a google home I might suddenly decide

  3. #3
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,647
    Was looking for a nice ultrawide, ended up wasting time, nothing that interests me is discounted. Missed a 2080 Super for 650 deal. At least I haven't spent a lot I guess. Gonna see Devin Townsend after work, that should cheer me up.
    Last edited by rufuske; November 29 2019 at 12:21:34 PM.

  4. #4
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,896
    Bought a coffee maker thingy for my team's room at the school. We were going to buy one anyway.
    Bought a charging handle for the AR.

    I'm pondering whether it's a good idea to get a smart control unit for my heating unit along with smart thermostats for the radiators. I'm not quite sure I want to mess around with the whole system. It's all pretty simple but... meh.

    Might grab a hue bridge if that's on sale. Got IKEA smart bulbs where I want them, but using an Ikea bridge. The software is pretty crap for that.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  5. #5
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,995
    There are miele coffee machines in the shared office I work in and they are the neediest machines ever. Everytime I go to make a coffee they need servicing or rinsing or descaling or refilling or draining or waste emptying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  6. #6
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,796
    >corporations buying homeuse espresso machines intended for a small household and 4 coffees per day for use in an office environment with 10+ people

  7. #7
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'm pondering whether it's a good idea to get a smart control unit for my heating unit along with smart thermostats for the radiators. I'm not quite sure I want to mess around with the whole system. It's all pretty simple but... meh.
    It is worth it, we got a Honeywell Evohome system a few years ago and the heating around the house has never been more consistent. Just the simple thing like leaving the bedroom at 22 during the night and the rest of the house drops down to 18 makes it worth it alone. Also each room will be at the temperature set, no variation, ever.

    If you go for one of the lightware RF based ones be prepared to replace batteries every second month. The honeywell is once a year for batteries, sometimes even longer.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

  8. #8
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I'm pondering whether it's a good idea to get a smart control unit for my heating unit along with smart thermostats for the radiators. I'm not quite sure I want to mess around with the whole system. It's all pretty simple but... meh.
    It is worth it, we got a Honeywell Evohome system a few years ago and the heating around the house has never been more consistent. Just the simple thing like leaving the bedroom at 22 during the night and the rest of the house drops down to 18 makes it worth it alone. Also each room will be at the temperature set, no variation, ever.

    If you go for one of the lightware RF based ones be prepared to replace batteries every second month. The honeywell is once a year for batteries, sometimes even longer.
    This is why we are fucked as a species on this planet. Melts cant turn their heating off at night when they are asleep under a duvet.

  9. #9
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    19,995
    Most people get better sleep in a cooler room as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  10. #10
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,121
    I don't, it's nothing worse than having to use a cold bedroom.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

  11. #11
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,896
    Open window every night. I'm more bothered by having to program the current thermostat for each day separately due to different timetables every day. It's clunky to use.

    https://www.conrad.de/de/p/raumtherm...-c-610578.html

    That's the one I think about replacing with the following:

    https://www.tado.com/us/

    Not quite sure if I will/should/want to.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  12. #12

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,600
    Get a rug.

  13. #13
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,596
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Get a rug.
    Or slippers. Nice cozy fluffy slippers

  14. #14
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Get a rug.
    Or slippers. Nice cozy fluffy slippers
    And a unicorn onesie?
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

  15. #15
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Open window every night. I'm more bothered by having to program the current thermostat for each day separately due to different timetables every day. It's clunky to use.

    https://www.conrad.de/de/p/raumtherm...-c-610578.html

    That's the one I think about replacing with the following:

    https://www.tado.com/us/

    Not quite sure if I will/should/want to.

    Tapapapatalk
    That is a benefit with the Honeywell as it is centralised and then just talk to each radiator and the boiler. You can simply copy the schedules between rooms as well as days. Let's just say it didn't take that long to get it all set up. It can also be edited from a phone app.

    It also looks rather nice when wall mounted.

    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

  16. #16
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,896
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Get a rug.
    Or slippers. Nice cozy fluffy slippers
    Got awesome slippers because we aren't heathens in Germany.

    Also epic wooden floor.

    I didn't go for the set in the end, the package deals weren't that great in the end.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  17. #17
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,887
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Was looking for a nice ultrawide, ended up wasting time, nothing that interests me is discounted.
    Are you sure?
    Are you really sure?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  18. #18
    Mashie Saldana's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Peterborough, UK
    Posts
    1,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Get a rug.
    Or slippers. Nice cozy fluffy slippers
    Got awesome slippers because we aren't heathens in Germany.

    Also epic wooden floor.

    I didn't go for the set in the end, the package deals weren't that great in the end.

    Tapapapatalk
    Some of us here in the UK have wooden flooring as well.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

  19. #19
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    >corporations buying homeuse espresso machines intended for a small household and 4 coffees per day for use in an office environment with 10+ people
    I wish a corporation was buying that and not my colleagues and I.

    To be honest, the machine we got wasn't made for hardcore use either, but most of the time we don't have the time to sit in the teacher's lounge anyway.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  20. #20
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Was looking for a nice ultrawide, ended up wasting time, nothing that interests me is discounted.
    Are you sure?
    Are you really sure?
    Yes, I am. I said nice, not budget. 34", 3440x1440, 120hz minimum, freesync or g-sync, hdr, nice contrast. Like LG 34GK950F-B. Nothing like that is discounted.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •