hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CCP decides to go Somer BLINK (Hypernet Relay Thread)

Duck has a point but I appreciate the insight.

My ISK grinding activities added up to 1-2 hours a month setting up or adjusting market orders. This paid for 7+ accounts and whatever I needed in-game. If I had invested more time in this I could probably have a full fleet of AT ships and all that crap. All I wanted was to eliminate the need for PVE.

The rest of my time was shitposting, half-arsed corp infiltration or undocking and whelping ships. If I ever thought it was a job I would have quit even sooner.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Job in the sense that many activities that people do in EVE that don't directly involve exploding spaceships or shooting NPCs are "jobs".

You probably did other things while updating market orders, like listening to music, podcasts, bullshitting on comms, or watching Netflix. For most people, that was the amount of real "work" they did, for maybe 2-3 hours a week. EUTZ peak and weekend events required 1-2 people's full attention but that was mostly handled by a few people who enjoyed it.

The real fun was the social stuff you did while not directly interfacing between the website and market/contract interface. Interacting with the public chat room, being part of an exclusive group of cool people who you could talk to on a daily basis. That's not to say there wasn't some amount of tension or drama in those private chat rooms, but sycophants were filtered out early in the recruiting process and anyone who was a genuine troublemaker got the boot pretty fast.

Yeah im just trolling eve, appreciate the info was a good read.

Im not a fan of gambling.

How this impacts things in Eve though remains to be seen.

Nothing like a 250 bil isk loss!

The ship isn't worth quite that much, but I think the limitations of HyperNet Relay itself are the main reason this failed.

You're limited to 3 days and a max of 512 nodes. That makes it hard for a larger chunk of the player base to buy in.

30 days, 4096 tickets may have filled out completely, but maybe not if people realized the odds.

I found it interesting the first few days and sunk a good 8 bill in it. Won absolutely nothing. Now that i am getting refunds from failed lotteries im over it.

Great isk sink for ccp but real issues for people with gambling problems.
    Should have a opt-out system, or opt in.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    I found it interesting the first few days and sunk a good 8 bill in it. Won absolutely nothing. Now that i am getting refunds from failed lotteries im over it.

You can message customer support and they will disable it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post

You can message customer support and they will disable it for you.
    Good

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

I hear you can also just biomass everything and quit

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I hear you can also just biomass everything and quit
    Much better to give everything to me

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    The ship isn't worth quite that much, but I think the limitations of HyperNet Relay itself are the main reason this failed.

You're limited to 3 days and a max of 512 nodes. That makes it hard for a larger chunk of the player base to buy in.

30 days, 4096 tickets may have filled out completely, but maybe not if people realized the odds.
    wait if i'm getting this right he was hoping for a 4 trillion isk pot by offering 521 raffle tickets at 7.8b isk a piece?

what are the taxes on those? Cause that's an absurd amount of dough even for a corvus.

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

wait if i'm getting this right he was hoping for a 4 trillion isk pot by offering 521 raffle tickets at 7.8b isk a piece?

what are the taxes on those? Cause that's an absurd amount of dough even for a corvus.
    He lost 250 bil. Cost is 5% of value plus nodes. A mate tried and failed to do a Titan bpo, cost him 15b. As i said great isk sink. Gets lots of isk out of the game.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Apparently we needed a reminder that House always wins
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I'm not current on prices, but 15B in fees for a titan BPO sounds like it was very overvalued.

Everyone is trying to raffle off their expensive, low turnover hangar clutter right now. Not a good time to sell that way if you're trying to get your money's worth.

The way to game it is to overvalue the item and buy 1/3 of tickets yourself. If it is about to expire you buy the rest.

Seems to work wonders.
    Another one is a frozen Corps that is really a raffle for Blues. Plex and isk not allowed but buy back for isk is. You can use private setting on auction aswell.

Corp mate is up 170b, me still down 8.
    Offcourse the bank, ccp, allways wins.

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

He lost 250 bil. Cost is 5% of value plus nodes. A mate tried and failed to do a Titan bpo, cost him 15b. As i said great isk sink. Gets lots of isk out of the game.

You have that backwards. It's a PLEX sink.

The sales tax (ISK) is only paid to CCP if the raffle completes. The brokers fee (Hypercores) is paid to start the raffle, and is not refunded.

Other than the handful of Hypercores given out as holiday gifts, Hypercores can only be introduced into the game by exchanging PLEX for them (10 cores to a PLEX). Regardless of what players do among themselves in trading ISK, PLEX, and Hypercores, the only time anything is sunk out of the economy in this cycle is buying the Hypercores for PLEX; buying Hypercores for ISK is a player-to-player exchange and just means another player gets that ISK.

For CCP it's a great deal. They got to take ~$1700 worth of PLEX off of their books for the State Raven alone. That's a whole lot of game time (or other services) they don't need to provide.
    Last edited by Verite Rendition; December 20 2019 at 01:37:55 PM.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I’m still amazed that years ago gambling was fine. Then the whole war between gambling sites happened. Then it was all banned. And now gambling is cool again.

I do like it being within the game itself to make it less clunky, but at the same time I worry about the negative effects gambling has on people.

On a side note. I really do miss the early times when I played eve. Maybe one day an eve 2 will happen without all the bad shit that plagued it. But I’m a realist and know that will never happen. C’est la vie.

Looking at the development of items offered etc. I certainly see the gold rush allready being over. I forgot most my uni classes on the subject but decided to science it up.

A good refresher on the Law of averages and probability laws are very sobering

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Iím still amazed that years ago gambling was fine. Then the whole war between gambling sites happened. Then it was all banned. And now gambling is cool again.

I do like it being within the game itself to make it less clunky, but at the same time I worry about the negative effects gambling has on people.

On a side note. I really do miss the early times when I played eve. Maybe one day an eve 2 will happen without all the bad shit that plagued it. But Iím a realist and know that will never happen. Cíest la vie.
    Gambling is never fine.

Tbh that is what made gaming a good pass time. It developed skills - analytical, deduction, observation, logical, improved reaction time and decision making and overall you completed a game better off than when you started. Unlike let's say watching TV - which for a while now leaves you only with anxiety, depression and an irresistible urge to buy more detergent and fabric softener. And games leave you with an irresistible urge of buying more loot boxes and similar crap.

Nowadays a lot of gaming is centered around gambling - e.g. lootboxes. This hypernet stuff is also an overcomplicated way of CCP shooting themselves in the foot (again), since law makers have started cracking down on gambling in games and it's only a matter of time until they get to this cock up.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.