hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Low Frequency Vibration or the "Hum"

Low Frequency Vibration or the "Hum"

I'm not sure whether this is the best place to post this but it is affecting my sleep and therefore health.

The problem: a low frequency noise or vibration that is constantly generated in our apartment building. It seems to be loudest at night, but that may be due to other general sounds become quieter. It isn't a neighbour's applicance like a washing machine or dishwasher as it is a constant frequency and runs for hours. It is loudest in the wall between my flat and the neighbouring flat and is loud in the corridor outside of our flats.

What I would like to know: Potential sources of noise and ways to reduce it. Could it be caused by the mains electricity coming into the flats? It seems to have got worse in the last few weeks, especially after some major gas works that were completed in the building. Are there any other potential causes? It seems to be generated within the building at least and not from a construction site close by.
    Any ways to reduce the impact of the humming, especially for sleeping? We tried playing some general relaxing music/forest noises but that doesn't seem to be a sustainable approach.

My electric toothbrush does this.

Sent from my Potato using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Does your building have central AC or similar systems? Maybe it's the central heating system.

As for sound to use during sleeping, try a white noise machine.

Also you could try earplugs.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget