hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JediSouls: Fallen Order

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    This is why I hate you all

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I like it, tho am bad at it so far.
    The dodge/Evade button seems to be very flakey and my timing is terrible. oh well. going to invest in block/stamina/health. should be fine!
    Thet regulate difficulty with that stuff instead of with increased mob HP acording to some dev. They didn't want spongy mobs reduce the feel of the lightsabers power or something. I like the idea but haven't tried the game, so no clue how it is in practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    The dodge/Evade button seems to be very flakey and my timing is terrible. oh well. going to invest in block/stamina/health. should be fine!
    Thet regulate difficulty with that stuff instead of with increased mob HP acording to some dev. They didn't want spongy mobs reduce the feel of the lightsabers power or something. I like the idea but haven't tried the game, so no clue how it is in practice.
    It's hardly a revolutionary concept to have enemies be more or less active/aggressive depending on difficulty
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

The difficulty settings clearly explain it.

Parry timing changes, aggression changes, damage changes as difficulty level is chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    It's hardly a revolutionary concept to have enemies be more or less active/aggressive depending on difficulty
    True. Can't realy think of a game right now tho that doesn't increase mob HP at the same time.
    The Witcher does this, but also makes them more spongy iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Strange how wheels and hotas are acceptable but control pads are not.
    It's some weird matter of pride some nerds have, don't ask me why.
    Oh come off it.... thats a shit argument Spank is making Isyel and you know it.

Wheels and Hotas are acceptable for driving and flying because they replicate the reallife counterparts used exactly. They have all the required inputs and functions.

Are wheels and hotas acceptable for anything other genres than those they are designed to be used in ?

Hotas FPS?

Wheel MMO?
    Specious at best. Of course different controllers work better for different applications. That only goes to support my point.

It isn't like I'm saying K&M is bad. I wouldn't argue that strategy games are better on a pad. Implying a game is gimped design wise because it is best played with a controller is moronic.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Strange how wheels and hotas are acceptable but control pads are not.
    It's some weird matter of pride some nerds have, don't ask me why.
    Oh come off it.... thats a shit argument Spank is making Isyel and you know it.

Wheels and Hotas are acceptable for driving and flying because they replicate the reallife counterparts used exactly. They have all the required inputs and functions.

Are wheels and hotas acceptable for anything other genres than those they are designed to be used in ?

Hotas FPS?

Wheel MMO?
    Specious at best. Of course different controllers work better for different applications. That only goes to support my point.

It isn't like I'm saying K&M is bad. I wouldn't argue that strategy games are better on a pad. Implying a game is gimped design wise because it is best played with a controller is moronic.

Bought it, played quite a bit yesterday, and im not sure what i feel about it.
    Could have been a great game if it was uncharted or something, but I never get the same feeling I had in The Force Unleashed games.
    Your just not powerful enough to feel like a Jedi/Sith like you remember them from games and books.
    And God how I hate having to find my way back to the ship once the quest is completed....

Oh, also bugs and graphical glitches.
    Half hour after i started playing, the attack button stopped working (which I found out is cause I had window mode on)

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Uncharted Souls directed by JJ Abrams.

That said i gave up after dying five times to the toad. I understand it's supposed to be an optional boss but the artificial lag and having to plod my way from the last checkpoint instead of quickloading is just not my cup of tea.
    Controls themselves are fine after remapping them to something sane.

PS: Can Cere be a star wars alien? Those eyes sure aren't human sized.
    Last edited by RazoR; November 21 2019 at 07:23:26 PM.

That said i gave up after dying five times to the toad. I understand it's supposed to be an optional boss but the artificial lag and having to plod my way from the last checkpoint instead of quickloading is just not my cup of tea.

Not far from what she looks like in rl if you ask me

Also, why is it that the fucking droid can light up the path for you under water, but when on land you have to use the LS to get light?
    and there is also the small fact that while those loot boxes rumbles around when the droid is looking through them (which is fine), but when you find those boxes under water, they do the same thing, while the droid then sits on your back....

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post

Not far from what she looks like in rl if you ask me

nah

This game has THE most balanced review I've ever seen Jim Sterling make. "The game is fine. I had fun."

Edit:
    Have to say, I'm agreeing with him thus far. Controls are a bit fidgety when the dark souls controls are so hardwired after hundreds of hours, but I'll get used to them I think.
    Last edited by Ashaz; November 21 2019 at 11:40:44 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Game completed on Jedi Knight difficulty. The game was good, I had fun and the storyline was decent as well. First proper star wars game that EA has managed to come up within 9 years? Since I used Origin access to play this game, I tested the latest SW: Battlefront too. That was absolute garbage. Waste of 80GB of bandwidth.

I wish we could get a proper Star Wars Rpg in the same department as KOTOR, but that will never happen as long as EA has the exclusive SW license, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Game completed on Jedi Knight difficulty. The game was good, I had fun and the storyline was decent as well. First proper star wars game that EA has managed to come up within 9 years? Since I used Origin access to play this game, I tested the latest SW: Battlefront too. That was absolute garbage. Waste of 80GB of bandwidth.

I wish we could get a proper Star Wars Rpg in the same department as KOTOR, but that will never happen as long as EA has the exclusive SW license, sadly.
    I just want Star Wars Galaxies back tbfh

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Old Republic MMO is still sort of playable?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    That FTP model... "You are allowed to play for free, but you'll level so slow that it's mathematically impossible to get past the 2nd planet."

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    That FTP model... "You are allowed to play for free, but you'll level so slow that it's mathematically impossible to get past the 2nd planet."
    Or take it as what it is, it's a sub mmo with an unlimited time (miserable) free trial.

All I ever wanted was KOTOR 3. for the budget of TOR they could have made 4 KOTOR games in the last 10 years. I bet that would have been more profitable

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I think Disney would have given the license to someone else unless the developed star wars games are also on consoles

Ofc there's nothing stopping them from developing KOTOR like RPG for consoles aswell I guess.