hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCP Falcon [Verone] leaves CCP

CCP Falcon [Verone] leaves CCP

https://twitter.com/Verone3784/statu...38882267361280

After 7 amazing years at @CCPGames it's time for me to dock my Polaris Enigma Frigate and set off in search of a new adventure in the universe.

It's been a privilege and a pleasure to serve such an incredible, dedicated and passionate community.
    Cos of AT [or something].

I think it was multiple things but he went on record as saying that if AT didn't happen he would leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Seven years is a good run anywhere.

She's dead, jim.

Always gave Falcon loads of shit cos he could take it and was actually a proper eve player, bro and hero of ccp for being their mouthpiece over them sacking CCP shanghai(?) HE took hits for his company. He championed the players.

Falcon leaving is the surest sign eve is dead. Rolling back blackout in favour of admitted-botting subs seemed to visibly pain him on the last public ccp outing he attended

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Falcon leaving is the surest sign eve is dead. Rolling back blackout in favour of admitted-botting subs seemed to visibly pain him on the last public ccp outing he attended

Lolverone

At least verone knew what eve should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    At least verone knew what eve should be.
    Which is probably why he quit

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

I'm still a bit pissed off with Verone after he rage deleted the Veto forums the day he started at CCP killing off the community we had.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Taking a quick look at the eve forums I saw that at least the usual utterly negative, end-of-the-world posts are par for the course. So that at least hasn't changed. People work up insane grudges as they always did. That might actually be the life blood and some actual hope for CCP. Although I suspect the real problem is that while eve is still unique, it has to compare with a lot of other games these days, and CCP, not being the brightest bunch of developers on a good day, have yet to find a way to make the game interesting again.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

CCP are adding things to eve which do little to distinguish unique aspects of its gameplay and instead try to find ways to copy things done way better in other games.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    CCP are adding things to eve which do little to distinguish unique aspects of its gameplay and instead try to find ways to copy things done way better in other games.
    well, given CCP's 2-decade long torrid affair with refusing to admit that anything anywhere might not have been invented or at least completely reimagined far better here, I am OK with a bit of shameless plagarism of good features from other games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Donor
    The whole Blackout shambles was the clearest sign I've seen that CCP is beholden to bot income, and therefore well past the event horizon, in a death spiral heading towards the singularity. The only way out for them is to accept short term financial pain for long term game health, and cutitng it short early shows they/the shareholders/whatever the fuck Chinese company owns them now couldn't stomach that.

The whole point of bots is to not give money to CCP. There is no "bot income".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

They are alpha accounts?

at least previously alphas weren't enough for serious botting, you just buy plex with isk and that is income for CCP. It just is income that someone else than the botter pays for.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    ???

Someone thinks that the only efficient bot is one that doesn't require a PLEXd account, even though the unlocks could potentially quickly cover the PLEX cost and you're also making more SP you can liquidate..?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Errr wut?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Malc gonna mack.

Bots probably are a significant factor in driving the plex market, sinking the plex and injecting more isk and thus inflating the isk/$ value of plex, making it more attractive to spend dollars instead of grinding obscene amounts for the real human players.