hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hobolife: The D.U.C.K. System

if you want to make shit in the woods consider a folding saw, much better than a hatchet for anything more than a 2 inches thick.

got yourself a tarp? sounds like you'd enjoy trying out all the different configurations and knots there are to learn (tarp tents/shelters).

Good shout on primative tech youtube. Love that dude.

Garden planting isnt really practical as its a woodland and rather boggy. Maybe a raised bed but id need to actually tend stuff then

Shiodome, a folding saw was the tool i had. Little orange thing you can see in some of the pics. Best tool ever.

No tarp currently but i've got my eyes on a lightweight DD 3mx3m tarp for spring onward. Also quite fancy a knot book i saw in Waterstones. Kinda wish id done scouts n shit now as a kid instead of being too cool for it.

Thinking about this half hut, i could always go back next year and try to retrofit it into a full dome? might just be easier to make a new one somewhere else. There's another patch of woodland on the other side of the country pathway that is a lot further away from the bog/pond .

Main lesson ive taken form this fuck about is you need to use materials close at hand. Sounds obvious but that 5 minute ramble to get ferns is not worth the effort. Kinda why i started the bench, i guess. Just saw loads of thin relatively straight self coppiced trees and thought how nice!

The biggest crime is I can only rep this once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

there's a decent tarp going for 16 at the moment here:

https://www.wish.com/

only issue i see it only has corner/centre tie-offs (none spaced between corners) but that's a trivial issue with the knots you're going to learn

don't overspend on a tarp. they can go for 300-500, but it's still essentially just a big waterproof sheet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    MI8m8

Duck wins today's posting game

Duck is a Druid nbs?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    there's a decent tarp going for 16 at the moment here:

https://www.wish.com/

only issue i see it only has corner/centre tie-offs (none spaced between corners) but that's a trivial issue with the knots you're going to learn

don't overspend on a tarp. they can go for 300-500, but it's still essentially just a big waterproof sheet lol.
    https://www.ddhammocks.com/product/d...live_green_3x3

Like a stoned ray mears

Bestest thread 2019.

Keep hobo'ing good sir. o7
    Shitting up eve for .... well, longer than most of you scumbags.

This is great, wish there was space for this kind of shit round here. Used to do that sort of stuff when I was a kid but can't get away with it as an adult unless it's on your own property.

ITT duckslayer becomes the blair witch

Duck Duck hobo

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    This is great, wish there was space for this kind of shit round here. Used to do that sort of stuff when I was a kid but can't get away with it as an adult unless it's on your own property.
    I have been thinking (somewhat seriously) about building my own house. Building a summer cabin in Minnesota isn't hard. It's building something that holds up to -20F winters that's a bit harder.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Have you encountered the writings of Ted Kaczynski?

Joe Robinet does some decent wilderness camp type stuff. Comes complete with excitable doggo.

I love that doggo.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Went to check on the hobohut yesterday as it's been standing for a week alone and we have had some torrential wind and rain. Lets see how its doing!

Well this doesnt look good...

Wait hang on...

Ah there she is, hiding behind this long abandoned previous hobo shelter

Looks fairly unchanged form afar ,also nicely stealthy

Little 20 minutes of patching and rearranging and its back to being light proof and rain free underneith the canopy

Also helps to increase moss coverage for basically zero effort. Moss is drying out though so not a permenant solution.

Im actually surprised. With al this rain thought it might have a chance to actually grow! what do i know...

Added a bit more weave to plug low down gaps in the baskey, with the thought that any future roofing will have more stick to bind with

A roof arch shot from underneath

Might add more moss on the roof today for a few hours, depends wha gwan. The floor round the place has got rather boggy though so that would be the next step of things to do. Either gonna cut more ash poles (i think its ash i made the bench out of) and lay them as a loose floor in the hut, and on the vestebule. Time will tell.

Bonus shot of the old (accidental tree fall made?) hobo shelter from mine.

o7

Was this your previous work? You built your new hobo shelters right next to some random old hobo shelter. No coincidences here I am sure.

(jk +rep)