hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 3, the next generation sister fucking simulator

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I don’t see why they can’t roll the DLC feature sets from CK2 into the base game of CL3. It’s not like there aren’t still tons of features they could add going forward...

Oh wait, then they’d have to innovate...

Honestly what the CK series needs is a much better way to manage characters and families and relationships, far more than it needs fancy graphics.
    If they roll the DLC's from CK2 into CK3 my concerns would be mitigated, but do you think they'll do that? I doubt it ...
    Of course not.

But I think it’d be the best approach. It’d justify the version change.

Or who knows, maybe they’ll actually change the gameplay mechanics sufficiently that... wait, that is also unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Imperator was piss at launch, it's just a bit better now, but still pissy.

Every Paradox title is piss and barebones at launch.

Why am I continuing giving them money.

I CAN'T STOP
    ck2 and eu4 were p good at launch. They've added tons of features through their tons of dlc, but they were good games with nothing. It's just now with all the feature creep that DLC-less sucks (especially with some features locked out w/o the DLC)
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Dunno tbh. Maybe it's just like you said - I can't see past all the features that DLC added and by comparison vanilla games seem to very basic.

not all CK2 features are that great though, they've taken the fact that people play it more as a RPG than grand strategy to heart and describe it like medieval sims with grand strategy elements more than anything else.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    not all CK2 features are that great though, they've taken the fact that people play it more as a RPG than grand strategy to heart and describe it like medieval sims with grand strategy elements more than anything else.
    Considering that medieval politics revolved around family structures, it's pretty fitting.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I agree with Joe, you play as your dynasty, not your clay.

So it's literally sims with clay managment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Considering that medieval politics revolved around family structures, it's pretty fitting.

Tapapapatalk
    oh, i am certainly not complaining about it, every screenshot thus far looks pretty much like "CK2, but not looking like it was made in 2000 by a spreadsheet obsessed nerd"

so all good in my book.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

they better fucking rework the entire warfare though

Yearly reminder that I installed CK2 and played for the whole 5 minutes cause I couldn't figure out wat do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Yearly reminder that I installed CK2 and played for the whole 5 minutes cause I couldn't figure out wat do.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Ditto.
    GIT GUD

They've put in a tutorial and a tab with handy next steps to take, so it should be a LOT more accessible this time out.
    (Those with CK2 but who've never played, come along saturday night, play as some random count and let someone conquer and carry you, we're actually pretty chill and you'll still be a lot better than the AI)

That’s my plan. I have maybe 10-15 hours of playtime and have watched a bunch of lets plays. It’s definitely a bit more chill than EU or HoI. Conquered Celtic Ireland a few times, fucked around as a Byzantine magnate for a while. Got distracted by other games.

Looking forward to a new take.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; October 23 2019 at 03:25:40 AM.

That’s my plan. I have maybe 10-15 hours of playtime and have watched a bunch of lets plays. It’s definitely a bit more chill than EU or HoI. Conquered Celtic Ireland a few times, fucked around as a Byzantine magnate for a while. Got distracted by other games.

try playing norse, it's absolutely broken and the most fun you can have in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

try playing norse, it's absolutely broken and the most fun you can have in this game.
    fugging gavelkind.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post

fugging gavelkind.
    eh, if you're on one of the earlier starts everyone is gavelkind, with norse you can raise tribes and get random event spawn troops and then use them to raid and pillage, you just have to make sure that you only hold one title at the highest level and with raiding it's pretty easy to get the prestige and cash needed to create titles and non-dejure kingdoms.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-has-deus-vult

"Paradox has insisted it has yet to decide whether to include the phrase "Deus Vult" in Crusader Kings 3 after suffering a backlash sparked by its reported removal from the game.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...e-know-so-far/

In the years since CK2’s release, “Deus Vult” – an eleventh century crusader battlecry – has become a vile meme beloved of racists on the internet. I asked how Paradox’s community team felt about this, and was told emphatically that the words will not appear in Crusader Kings 3. That’s refreshing, but in a game set during a time of conflicts fetishised by modern fascists, it’s the tip of the iceberg. I’ll be writing more about how Paradox are handling the political sensitivities of making a game about the crusades, and how they’re handling the representation of non-European cultures, in the weeks to come.

Update – Henrik Fåhraeus offered this comment: “I feel like this issue has been miscommunicated thus far. We have not specifically considered which terms are used in the game apart from making sense in the historical context. The team will decide how any text fits or does not fit into CK3 in a way that feels appropriate.”
    I mean, I mildly disapprove, but it's a silly thing nonetheless. Imagine getting so angry over some words not being included in your vidjya game that you and your fellow autists cause such a scene that the press picks up on it. Something something ethics in games journalism.

Press would pick up on a turd.

That said censoring history is always a good idea.

All history is censored to some extent, depending on who’s doing the telling.

But really the proper move here would have been to remove it and say nothing.

That said if Paradox were actually concerned about their games being popular with the far right, they’d pretty much just have to stop making games.

it's much ado about nothing anyway, if you actually look at what they said and the follow up statements it's pretty clear that what they meant is that it's too early in the project to say yea or nay about specific phrases being included. Basically they're still in pre-alpha and the writing for the UI and events probably hasn't even been done yet so making an affirmative or negative statement would then just be a promise that they don't need to make right now.

Right, but they chose to comment, soooooo....