hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 3, the next generation sister fucking simulator

Crusader Kings 3, the next generation sister fucking simulator

They just announced it on the Paradox livestream with a literal choir on the stage as the opening, and the game director dressed as a norman king, because of course he is, nothing really shown yet.

expected to be coming next year.

edit : also they just LITERATELY gave CK2 away, to everybody, it's just the base game mind you, not the DLC.
    Last edited by Liare; October 19 2019 at 10:09:08 AM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Clausewitz?

no idea, actual presentation for CK3 is in 15 minutes.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

plz yes.

Unfortunately it is going to suck without all the dlc

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Clausewitz?
    yes, updated tho.
    Viking, n.:

chat between Fahraeus and the anchor dude

- Why CK3, why not just continue to iterate on CK2?
    - Well, CK2 always had a pretty shaky tech base...
    - And who is responsible for that?

my sides, so nice to hear real humans talk for once instead of 100% marketing bollocks

https://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

So basically it's not gonna be a completely clean slate like you would expect from Civ or something but they are dumping "less popular and successful features". We'll see but i am hopeful, PDS don't fuck around.
    Last edited by RazoR; October 19 2019 at 10:47:24 AM.

Oooooh, I'm looking forward to that.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    so, are you a sister or horse man ?
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    so, are you a sister or horse man ?
    I'm a YO MOMMA man.

Im gonna be that guy.

Seeing how Imperator: Rome was absolutely fucking terrible at launch, a totally barebones snoozefest, I'm not gonna be getting CK3 until some other nerds have sunk time into it and given their verdict.

idk imperator seemed overloaded with obscure mechanics

HYPE

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Im gonna be that guy.

Seeing how Imperator: Rome was absolutely fucking terrible at launch, a totally barebones snoozefest, I'm not gonna be getting CK3 until some other nerds have sunk time into it and given their verdict.
    yeah and by the time ck3 is enriched with some proper mechanics you'd have to shell out $2k on dlc's to get all the bells and whistles

This is the problem with paradox business model. You have a title, their strongest title mind you with years of iteration and improvements and for a new successor to come along and be worthy of the name it has to be really, really good. I mean, moon landing level of accomplishment good.

Does that sound like paradox to you? I'm not holding my breath.

(I really do enjoy my paradox titles to a more or less degree, but let's be realistic here).

Also, keep Johan and his mana bullshittery clear of any design decision or even development. Ty in advance.

I don’t see why they can’t roll the DLC feature sets from CK2 into the base game of CL3. It’s not like there aren’t still tons of features they could add going forward...

Oh wait, then they’d have to innovate...

Honestly what the CK series needs is a much better way to manage characters and families and relationships, far more than it needs fancy graphics.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    I don’t see why they can’t roll the DLC feature sets from CK2 into the base game of CL3. It’s not like there aren’t still tons of features they could add going forward...

Oh wait, then they’d have to innovate...

Honestly what the CK series needs is a much better way to manage characters and families and relationships, far more than it needs fancy graphics.
    If they roll the DLC's from CK2 into CK3 my concerns would be mitigated, but do you think they'll do that? I doubt it ...

Yeah, yeah. Stop crying bloody murder and look back to EU3-4 and HoI3-4 and then add another 4 years. Not everything will live though the winter™ but i am confident they won't roll out a minimum viable product.

RIP dreams of Vic3 :'(
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Don't yearly sports games have this problem? Whenever a new console comes out they update the engine but the features are trimmed significantly because the dev/publisher don't want to risk the time and money migrating everything. Then the missing content is added back in bit by bit until the cycle repeats.

Imperator was piss at launch, it's just a bit better now, but still pissy.

Every Paradox title is piss and barebones at launch.

Why am I continuing giving them money.

I CAN'T STOP

Quote Originally Posted by Brockosaurus View Post
    RIP dreams of Vic3 :'(
    Yeah thats the game i really want from paradox too