hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
Results 201 to 212 of 212

Thread: I think Blizzard just committed suicide...

  1. #201
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But IMHO MS has changed quite significantly after Nadella took over. I suspect being of Indian heritage (actually born in India) and therefore potentially the target of implicit or explicit discrimination himself, he might be more aware of the issue(s).
    yeah indians are big on feminism lmao

  2. #202
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    If I'm not mistaken - and please correct me, if I'm wrong - MS is one of the few tech giants where employees haven't organized some kind of protests due to inacceptable work conditions / culture lately. So there's hope.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/t...cy-review.html

    Looks like they do have issues, especially surrounding Bill Gates. But yeah, compared to other companies and their size, very little makes the news. Which could either mean there isn't much or that their policies are sufficient or that they were very capable in how they silence people. We'll see what the report will provide.
    If they're after Gates, that dates back quite some time. And honestly, if I had to bet money, I would have placed it on Ballmer before Gates.

    I have that feeling that it's not their policies that keep them apparently in check - other companies have similar policies in place but still failed badly in the recent past. But IMHO MS has changed quite significantly after Nadella took over. I suspect being of Indian heritage (actually born in India) and therefore potentially the target of implicit or explicit discrimination himself, he might be more aware of the issue(s).
    Tell me you have never worked with born in India managers without telling me...

    Mate does my sister and all her colleagues have some stories for you...

    I could also give some of my own, but those would be of regular racism kind. Maybe after I find new contract.

    Maybe Nadella is an exception.

  3. #203
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    13,203
    Which sub-caste is he?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

  4. #204
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    17,220
    Imagine if people were capable of more than your cartoonish misinterpretation of their culture…
    meh

  5. #205

    Join Date
    November 8, 2021
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    6
    As loud as the news is, as bad it is. Microsoft is just bombarding the market with money, buying up everything, and pulling releases from platforms they don't control. What could be worse? You used to be able to play Diablo on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and Windows.Now it's only on Xbox and Windows. Are you sure Microsoft has a bright future? Imagine a situation where in 3-4 years Microsoft decides to raise the cost of subscriptions several times over - what are we going to do? All Microsoft should get today is the reaction of antitrust bureau. It would be better to hire developers and create new studios instead of trying to monopolize the whole game market...

  6. #206
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,302
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Imagine if people were capable of more than your cartoonish misinterpretation of their culture…
    What's next? You're gonna tell me sister and colleagues deserved such treatment because business casual is immodest and they were asking for it? How can you function with that much of cognitive dissonance.

    And I'm sure he was capable of more, luckily someone stopped him.
    Last edited by rufuske; January 24 2022 at 05:53:00 AM.

  7. #207

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,928
    Welcome to the dichotomy of average versus specific. On average, indians have a cultural background that is very much hostile to feminism. One specific, high-value, educated, individual will most probably not be representative of that.

    For what it's worth, i have had no such experiences. But then again, i am also working with some men and women from Iran and noone has tried to cover anyones hair yet, or police the length of a dress.

    It is truly a worthless conversation to have, and the focus should be on corporate culture and institutional discrimination instead.

  8. #208
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Welcome to the dichotomy of average versus specific. On average, indians have a cultural background that is very much hostile to feminism. One specific, high-value, educated, individual will most probably not be representative of that.

    For what it's worth, i have had no such experiences. But then again, i am also working with some men and women from Iran and noone has tried to cover anyones hair yet, or police the length of a dress.

    It is truly a worthless conversation to have, and the focus should be on corporate culture and institutional discrimination instead.
    also their accents are terrible to listen to

  9. #209

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,246
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    If I'm not mistaken - and please correct me, if I'm wrong - MS is one of the few tech giants where employees haven't organized some kind of protests due to inacceptable work conditions / culture lately. So there's hope.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/t...cy-review.html

    Looks like they do have issues, especially surrounding Bill Gates. But yeah, compared to other companies and their size, very little makes the news. Which could either mean there isn't much or that their policies are sufficient or that they were very capable in how they silence people. We'll see what the report will provide.
    If they're after Gates, that dates back quite some time. And honestly, if I had to bet money, I would have placed it on Ballmer before Gates.

    I have that feeling that it's not their policies that keep them apparently in check - other companies have similar policies in place but still failed badly in the recent past. But IMHO MS has changed quite significantly after Nadella took over. I suspect being of Indian heritage (actually born in India) and therefore potentially the target of implicit or explicit discrimination himself, he might be more aware of the issue(s).
    Tell me you have never worked with born in India managers without telling me...
    I worked basically my whole professional life in a truly international company, i.e. shops in all continents of this world. In our business (tourism) the large majority of staff is female. My last superior was of Pakistan (yeah, no Indian, I'm sorry) heritage and the best boss I've ever had. The girls in our department, who sat right opposite, face-to-face to me, liked him as much as I or anybody else did. Not even a hint of a complain form them. And the fact that they also stayed for the after-work drink when he's present or came along when the department went out for dinner or to a movie also hints at the fact, that he treated them with respect and equal to us boys. I think otherwise they would have stayed away.

    But as I've repeatedly stated here, the lesson I learned in life is that there are only two kind of people: those who are assholes and those who are not. That's about the only distinction I make with people. And both kinds are present in every people category you can come up with.

  10. #210

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,246
    Quick guys, let's form a game dev studio and spit out some titles. Chances are good we make a fortune now that the publisher (or is it console producer?) arms race has begun.


  11. #211
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    If I'm not mistaken - and please correct me, if I'm wrong - MS is one of the few tech giants where employees haven't organized some kind of protests due to inacceptable work conditions / culture lately. So there's hope.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/t...cy-review.html

    Looks like they do have issues, especially surrounding Bill Gates. But yeah, compared to other companies and their size, very little makes the news. Which could either mean there isn't much or that their policies are sufficient or that they were very capable in how they silence people. We'll see what the report will provide.
    If they're after Gates, that dates back quite some time. And honestly, if I had to bet money, I would have placed it on Ballmer before Gates.

    I have that feeling that it's not their policies that keep them apparently in check - other companies have similar policies in place but still failed badly in the recent past. But IMHO MS has changed quite significantly after Nadella took over. I suspect being of Indian heritage (actually born in India) and therefore potentially the target of implicit or explicit discrimination himself, he might be more aware of the issue(s).
    Tell me you have never worked with born in India managers without telling me...
    I worked basically my whole professional life in a truly international company, i.e. shops in all continents of this world. In our business (tourism) the large majority of staff is female. My last superior was of Pakistan (yeah, no Indian, I'm sorry) heritage and the best boss I've ever had. The girls in our department, who sat right opposite, face-to-face to me, liked him as much as I or anybody else did. Not even a hint of a complain form them. And the fact that they also stayed for the after-work drink when he's present or came along when the department went out for dinner or to a movie also hints at the fact, that he treated them with respect and equal to us boys. I think otherwise they would have stayed away.

    But as I've repeatedly stated here, the lesson I learned in life is that there are only two kind of people: those who are assholes and those who are not. That's about the only distinction I make with people. And both kinds are present in every people category you can come up with.
    Well finance really have a strong bias with the kind of people that are drawn to it. It's probably more of a factor than the culture your were raised in.

  12. #212
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,983
    Loving all the anti-Indian racism here guys, keep it up.

    /s

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •