hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: I think Blizzard just committed suicide...

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Just wait till they get their hands on it.
    Town portals now only 0,99$ each! get them while they are hot!

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Just wait till they get their hands on it.
    Town portals now only 0,99$ each! get them while they are hot!
    I mean, there were some people complaining portals are free and not taking up inventory space. Blizzard would do it, because they listen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Activision sale on steam was a handy prompt to find out how to ignore a publisher
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

If/when Microsoft axes Kotick, I'll consider giving them money again.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

I think it's just a matter of time. Obviously there will be some transitory period where he will still retain his position to 'help with tranformation' or however they will want to spin it.

Now a wow sub with my gamepass please. (not that i play wow, but i might if i didnt have to spend more money on it).
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    Now a wow sub with my gamepass please. (not that i play wow, but i might if i didnt have to spend more money on it).
    Isn't there a free version of WoW classic?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    there's several free private versions

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    It's been an age since I ran one of those, I wonder if the scripting for encounters has ever been finished...

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    It's been an age since I ran one of those, I wonder if the scripting for encounters has ever been finished...
    at least for the servers i was on, both burning crusade and vanilla were 99% done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    If/when Microsoft axes Kotick, I'll consider giving them money again.
    Basically this. I'm unsure though that Blizzard would have made the move if that meant they lost something. Also Microsoft would be suicidal to bother themselves with Blizzard in the context of their on-going trials.

I think it's just a matter of time. Obviously there will be some transitory period where he will still retain his position to 'help with tranformation' or however they will want to spin it.
    You're good at that, you should do that professionally.

From https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/microsoft...sion-blizzard/

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer clarified that Bobby Kotick will continue in his position as CEO of Activision Blizzard for the time being, though staff will begin reporting to Spencer once the transaction closes.
    But MS recons the issue. Also from TFA
    On a conference call, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella addressed the recent workplace controversies that have dogged Activision-Blizzard and its culture: "[W]e believe it’s critical for the Activision Blizzard to drive forward on its renewed cultural commitments. We are supportive of the goal and the work Activision Blizzard is doing, and we also recognize that after close, we will have significant work to do in order to continue to build a culture where everyone can do their best work."

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But MS recons the issue. Also from TFA
    On a conference call, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella addressed the recent workplace controversies that have dogged Activision-Blizzard and its culture: "[W]e believe it’s critical for the Activision Blizzard to drive forward on its renewed cultural commitments. We are supportive of the goal and the work Activision Blizzard is doing, and we also recognize that after close, we will have significant work to do in order to continue to build a culture where everyone can do their best work."
    If this purges the shittheel techbros and we get an as-much-as-is-humanly-possible respectible Blizz I'll actually be ok with this, ActiBlizz was never going to do the work it really needed to do while Kotick was sat on his throne.

He'll walk away on a road paved with CEO gold, but he'll be out. That's Step 1.

(inb4 Teams integration with Battlenet )

He can get the golden boot, that's fine by me.

This can only improve things tbh. Blizzard has been shit for a long time now.

If I'm not mistaken - and please correct me, if I'm wrong - MS is one of the few tech giants where employees haven't organized some kind of protests due to inacceptable work conditions / culture lately. So there's hope.

Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer clarified that Bobby Kotick will continue in his position as CEO of Activision Blizzard for the time being, though staff will begin reporting to Spencer once the transaction closes.

Edit: inb4 MS actually doesn't want to pay Kotick's severance and waits for him to be arrested out of his job

If I'm not mistaken - and please correct me, if I'm wrong - MS is one of the few tech giants where employees haven't organized some kind of protests due to inacceptable work conditions / culture lately. So there's hope.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/t...cy-review.html

Looks like they do have issues, especially surrounding Bill Gates. But yeah, compared to other companies and their size, very little makes the news. Which could either mean there isn't much or that their policies are sufficient or that they were very capable in how they silence people. We'll see what the report will provide.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/13/t...cy-review.html

Looks like they do have issues, especially surrounding Bill Gates. But yeah, compared to other companies and their size, very little makes the news. Which could either mean there isn't much or that their policies are sufficient or that they were very capable in how they silence people. We'll see what the report will provide.
    If they're after Gates, that dates back quite some time. And honestly, if I had to bet money, I would have placed it on Ballmer before Gates.

I have that feeling that it's not their policies that keep them apparently in check - other companies have similar policies in place but still failed badly in the recent past. But IMHO MS has changed quite significantly after Nadella took over. I suspect being of Indian heritage (actually born in India) and therefore potentially the target of implicit or explicit discrimination himself, he might be more aware of the issue(s).