hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CMV: The only reason you hate EPIC Store is you are lazy

Love it so far, sneak peak how it looks:

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Let's face it. The only reason there is so much rage about the "cancer" Epic Store is because you are a lazy nerd who wants all of their games in one place.
    No, it's just that hating on Epic is very fashionable right now.
    Epic hasnt actually done anything wrong (or at least, no more and often much less than Valve/Steam in past years),
    By virtue of being newer.
    you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional.
    Actually, we do. GOG is nice but lacks the community aspect of Steam.
    And your attitude is exactly WHY store-exclusives are a necessary tool if Steam is going to lose its monopoly and ridiculous 30% cut of games sales.
    Exclusives are cancer and drive piracy. How much is Epic's cut of game sales?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Maybe Steam should stop allowing literally any piece of shit title to be on their platform. I've not had a gaming rig for about 5 years and coming back, Steam is a chore to browse for decent content.
    You could try making friends on Steam and see people's libraries.

"2 of your friends have this game on their wishlist."
    "7 of your friends also play this game."
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    By virtue of being newer.
    Did you even bother to read my post detailing all the wrong things with the Epic launcher? No. Because it is not simply because it's "newer". It's because it's shit.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

- hey guys why do you not like egs
    - it's a MVP engaging in shady practices
    - haters!

I think there are two aspects here - people who dislike epic game store and not using it because of this and people who think epic game store is affecting the market the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    All competition is good competition is a lazy liberal take. Cum in my vag.
    Especially when it's hardly real competition driven by customer choice and is instead just forcing people to use another exclusive supplier instead. Reminds me of recent trade wars where in reality everyone outside a couple loses entirely.
    I think with the "competition" take we're supposed to jack off real hard to the idea that a game dev can choose between two platforms instead of one. This will apparently fix gaming

but no one normal will care. even the weirdos here don't give a shit
    OTOH I really don't get why nerds love sucking the monopolistic dick of Gabe Newell so much. Valve convincing millions of basement dwellers they were good guys is one of the biggest PR successes of the digital era. Remember how they fought so hard against giving refunds they had to literally be taken to court?

And if you think Steam doesn't datamine your computer well..

Neither company are good actors here.
    It's not that anyone thinks that gaben or Valve are saviours or anything, it's just that seeing a company act in reasonably enlightened, intelligent self interest is so rare these days that it gets sincere praise.

Also as previously mentioned, they've done more for the Linux gaming (and general run Windows software because it's more than just games now) scene than anyone would reasonably expect. If you don't care about that, I sure do. Granted, they're doing it to make Microsoft back off their dreams of an Apple-style Windows Store, but that's a pretty good goal that strongly benefits you too.

Meanwhile Epic are contributing exactly nothing to anything except themselves, in a short-sighted way that reduces choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

There's just no comparison between Steam and the attempts to compete with Steam (origin, uplay, Epic)

They each have their obnoxious aspects to them that make Steam look good, so its easy to see why consumers prefer it even though Valve still does normal corporate things.

Also stores that manage to do something different while not being annoying sit just fine with consumers. People like gog because it gets them access to old games that they otherwise wouldn't have
    Last edited by mewninn; September 14 2019 at 06:27:21 PM.

I think people like gog mostly for the lack of DRM rather than the old games, although old games are surely a big part of it. A lot of people got Witcher 3 off gog because the lack of DRM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I'm deriving a certain petty, vindictive satisfaction from the extremely "meh" launch of the much-trumpeted Borderlands III. Sounds like it'll be about ready to play right about the time it comes out of the 6-month exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

But randy said the player numbers at launch were almost two times higher than all-time for bl2? Surely he wouldn't lie. If only we could see the actual player stats... Maybe mr galyonkin can come up with epicspy as he did with steamspy :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I'm deriving a certain petty, vindictive satisfaction from the extremely "meh" launch of the much-trumpeted Borderlands III. Sounds like it'll be about ready to play right about the time it comes out of the 6-month exclusive.
    "meh" launch according to what? Sure it's got shit performance and a bunch of issues hut the fucking thing is literally everywhere and people love the shit out of it

Don't think they're losing any sleep over it.

Yeah it's the gold standard for every game to be a stuttery mess now. It only seriously aggravates a small subection of dorks who complain about input lag, etc.

They know all the normies will happily open wide for their slop, so there's no incentive to delay or correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Yeah it's the gold standard for every game to be a stuttery mess now. It only seriously aggravates a small subection of dorks who complain about input lag, etc.

They know all the normies will happily open wide for their slop, so there's no incentive to delay or correct it.
    I think it's hilarious in contrast with Gears 5 coming out within a few days of it and being one of the best optimized, amazing looking games made ever though.

But hey, that still gets dismissed by the same dorks as being "just a cover shooter lol" so whatever.

Much as I wish it were so that's not really EGS fault, I think It has a lot more to do with Randy Pitchford.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDude View Post
    Much as I wish it were so that's not really EGS fault, I think It has a lot more to do with Randy Pitchford.
    Well you know what they say (mistakenly) about polarities.