hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CMV: The only reason you hate EPIC Store is you are lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why would you genuinely respond to this nonsense. I guess some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Like always, if I reply to obvious trolling, my answer is aimed more towards the search engines of the world than the actual poster. Leaving dubious cliams stand unchallenged, make them appear to be legit/true. In this day and age of "big data" and algorithms doing all the work, one has to play with/gamble that system. Otherwise we end up with "We've always been at war with Eurasia."

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Considering that Steam's 30% cut is ridicculously low compared to what cut the traditional sell-games-thru-brick-and-mortar-distribution-chain had, that's a hell of a claim.
    This is in fact, a claim quite a few people make.
    It's quite similar with the music/recording industry. According to this stat, from the sales price of a CD, the artist/performer ("Künstler") gets 11%. If he also wrote the song ("Anteil Gema-Komponist"), it's another 7%, so a total of 18%
    (Spoilered because of large(r) pic)
      Spoiler:

Unfortunately I don't find a similar statistics for video games, but I seem to remember that the distribution is alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    steam deserves to die cause valve abandoned half life and the fans that put them on the map
    Steam deserve life because the proton project is fucking amazing goodness
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    What does cmv mean
    cum in my vag

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Remember back when you just bought software and didn’t have to worry about portals and hubs and having an account for every developer’s store and all that stuff? It was just c:/program files/games/
    Remember when you just inscribed your games onto wax tablets or into dirt on the floor with a stick? Good times
    cum in my vag isn't that snappy mate

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Hope Steam goes bust because they stopped supporting CS 1.6 and switched to CS Source. fucking disgusting.
    Everything after the original Halflife mod is terrible, played only by noobs and frankly you should ashamed of yourself.

real men play doom 2 multiplayer

Snipes or GTFO

But Goldeneye Source, proxys in the Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Considering that Steam's 30% cut is ridicculously low compared to what cut the traditional sell-games-thru-brick-and-mortar-distribution-chain had, that's a hell of a claim.
    This is in fact, a claim quite a few people make.
    It's quite similar with the music/recording industry. According to this stat, from the sales price of a CD, the artist/performer ("Künstler") gets 11%. If he also wrote the song ("Anteil Gema-Komponist"), it's another 7%, so a total of 18%
    (Spoilered because of large(r) pic)
      Spoiler:

Unfortunately I don't find a similar statistics for video games, but I seem to remember that the distribution is alike.
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...lem-with-music
    meh

But mooom, pirates!

Let's face it. The only reason there is so much rage about the "cancer" Epic Store is because you are a lazy nerd who wants all of their games in one place. Epic hasnt actually done anything wrong (or at least, no more and often much less than Valve/Steam in past years), you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional.

And your attitude is exactly WHY store-exclusives are a necessary tool if Steam is going to lose its monopoly and ridiculous 30% cut of games sales.

Fuck you, nerds. Competition is good and the Epic Store may be a young platform with a lot of features yet to be developed but it's really good for all of us that someone is willing to challenge steam.
    This is dumb.

The Epic store is shit because it has:
    - no search function (WTF);
    - no user reviews;
    - generally shady practices regarding personal information;
    - generally shady practices regarding refunds.

Nobody would actually complain if their client was lightweight (it isn't) or if their client wouldn't fucking datamine your computer.

Or if it had the incredibly difficult "feature yet to be developed" of basic search.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Let's face it. The only reason there is so much rage about the "cancer" Epic Store is because you are a lazy nerd who wants all of their games in one place. Epic hasnt actually done anything wrong (or at least, no more and often much less than Valve/Steam in past years), you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional.

And your attitude is exactly WHY store-exclusives are a necessary tool if Steam is going to lose its monopoly and ridiculous 30% cut of games sales.

Fuck you, nerds. Competition is good and the Epic Store may be a young platform with a lot of features yet to be developed but it's really good for all of us that someone is willing to challenge steam.
    This is dumb.

The Epic store is shit because it has:
    - no search function (WTF);
    - no user reviews;
    - generally shady practices regarding personal information;
    - generally shady practices regarding refunds.

Nobody would actually complain if their client was lightweight (it isn't) or if their client wouldn't fucking datamine your computer.

Or if it had the incredibly difficult "feature yet to be developed" of basic search.
    Not to mention showing your payment details to all and sundry
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I bought something on EGS and got refunded after a short email exchange. Other than that it seems crap.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Never bought anything off it, take free games though

Cheers epic!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Hope Steam goes bust because they stopped supporting CS 1.6 and switched to CS Source. fucking disgusting.
    That was some bullshit I agree

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    i am not a fan of exclusives, and i have found their current tactic of using steam to generate presales before announcing /poaching exclusivity seemed like a shitty move. Then the company reaction of blamming the fans (The last jedi Manuver) is always shitty.

All competition is good competition is a lazy liberal take. Cum in my vag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Especially when it's hardly real competition driven by customer choice and is instead just forcing people to use another exclusive supplier instead. Reminds me of recent trade wars where in reality everyone outside a couple loses entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Especially when it's hardly real competition driven by customer choice and is instead just forcing people to use another exclusive supplier instead. Reminds me of recent trade wars where in reality everyone outside a couple loses entirely.
    I think with the "competition" take we're supposed to jack off real hard to the idea that a game dev can choose between two platforms instead of one. This will apparently fix gaming

but no one normal will care. even the weirdos here don't give a shit

IT SHOULD NEVER HAVE GONE PAST BETA 5.2 PERFECTION!!!!! RABBLERABBLE