hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: CMV: The only reason you hate EPIC Store is you are lazy

  1. #1
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,760

    CMV: The only reason you hate EPIC Store is you are lazy

    Let's face it. The only reason there is so much rage about the "cancer" Epic Store is because you are a lazy nerd who wants all of their games in one place. Epic hasnt actually done anything wrong (or at least, no more and often much less than Valve/Steam in past years), you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional.

    And your attitude is exactly WHY store-exclusives are a necessary tool if Steam is going to lose its monopoly and ridiculous 30% cut of games sales.

    Fuck you, nerds. Competition is good and the Epic Store may be a young platform with a lot of features yet to be developed but it's really good for all of us that someone is willing to challenge steam.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,854
    Well that's some lazy bait right there.

    You come back to a place you supposedly quit for this tripe? Lul.

  3. #3
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,352
    I'm reluctantly forced to agree that this is a -9/11 troll

    Come on Lallante, you can do better than this
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,139
    you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional
    Well... yeah? Same reason why Disney+ is shit. Consumers want choice, not artificial scarcity. News at 11?

    Weak bait.

  6. #6
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    31,262
    this is so weak i cba

  7. #7
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional
    Well... yeah? Same reason why Disney+ is shit. Consumers want choice, not artificial scarcity. News at 11?

    Weak bait.
    Yeah it's still just content exclusive to one platform or the other. There's no actual choice in this for consumers.

  8. #8
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Well that's some lazy bait right there.

    You come back to a place you supposedly quit for this tripe? Lul.
    I never claimed to quit, much less for some emo bullshit reason like being offended by trolling or bait posts. I simply stopped posting mostly, because I had other things to do.

    edit: realised you are probably confusing me with your mom

  9. #9

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,854
    Was just wishful thinking I suppose.

    With quality content like this nonsense.

    [edit] Are you just having a stroke now?
    Last edited by Isyel; September 1 2019 at 09:08:23 PM.

  10. #10
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    8,936
    they hated LALLANTE because he told them the truth

  11. #11
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,480
    Inner voice in my head after I decided to open this thread:

      Spoiler:

  12. #12
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,781
    What does cmv mean

  13. #13
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,758
    Remember back when you just bought software and didn’t have to worry about portals and hubs and having an account for every developer’s store and all that stuff? It was just c:/program files/games/

  14. #14
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,760
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    What does cmv mean
    cum in my vag

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Remember back when you just bought software and didn’t have to worry about portals and hubs and having an account for every developer’s store and all that stuff? It was just c:/program files/games/
    Remember when you just inscribed your games onto wax tablets or into dirt on the floor with a stick? Good times

  15. #15
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    4,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    What does cmv mean
    cum in my vag

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Remember back when you just bought software and didn’t have to worry about portals and hubs and having an account for every developer’s store and all that stuff? It was just c:/program files/games/
    Remember when you just inscribed your games onto wax tablets or into dirt on the floor with a stick? Good times
    I, too, have played 40k.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,756
    Obvious bait is obvious, but I bite nonetheless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Let's face it. The only reason there is so much rage about the "cancer" Epic Store is because you are a lazy nerd who wants all of their games in one place. Epic hasnt actually done anything wrong (or at least, no more and often much less than Valve/Steam in past years), you just dont actually WANT competition to Steam unless using it is entirely optional.
    I can't think of any game that Steam ever had as an exclusive, banning the game from other stores.

    And your attitude is exactly WHY store-exclusives are a necessary tool if Steam is going to lose its monopoly and ridiculous 30% cut of games sales.
    Considering that Steam's 30% cut is ridicculously low compared to what cut the traditional sell-games-thru-brick-and-mortar-distribution-chain had, that's a hell of a claim.

    Fuck you, nerds. Competition is good and the Epic Store may be a young platform with a lot of features yet to be developed but it's really good for all of us that someone is willing to challenge steam.
    Agreed, competition is good. But Epic isn't good competition. Look no further than GOG or even the Humble Bundle. Ever heard someone here complaining about those?

  17. #17
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    13,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

    Considering that Steam's 30% cut is ridicculously low compared to what cut the traditional sell-games-thru-brick-and-mortar-distribution-chain had, that's a hell of a claim.
    This is in fact, a claim quite a few people make.
    meh

  18. #18

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    12,854
    Why would you genuinely respond to this nonsense. I guess some people just want to watch the world burn.

  19. #19
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    8,936
    steam deserves to die cause valve abandoned half life and the fans that put them on the map

  20. #20
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,117
    Hope Steam goes bust because they stopped supporting CS 1.6 and switched to CS Source. fucking disgusting.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •