hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyno changes finally happening that should have happened years ago

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And jumping to low sec entry systems will be expensive as hell for small groups.
    Its obviously totally impossible to protect a ship for 5 min. Or gods forbid you make it costly for the aggressor.

I like the idea of forcing more localism in Eve, but it needs to be driven by diminishing returns for being massive rather than nerfing logistics.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I like the idea of forcing more localism in Eve, but it needs to be driven by diminishing returns for being massive rather than nerfing logistics.
    They gave pretty massive buff to JFs, and the economy is probably in the state where everyone has his own JF already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    RIP every logistics chain.
    JF's will be able to jump to covert cynos so actually an improvement for JF pilots

Moving a capital via cynos just got hella expensive. Even a poverty fit Recon is what, 150m?

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Moving a capital via cynos just got hella expensive. Even a poverty fit Recon is what, 150m?
    Normally yes, Jita speculation have now driven prices to around 500 mill a pop.

The JF changes are a net neutral IMO, since warping them to a NPC station from an off-grid cyno creates more opportunities for bumping / idiots landing too far out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Closer to 250-300 even before speculation following Rise's post drove hull prices through the roof.

I agree with someone else. Recons and BLOPs can instantly light cyno and only have to sit there for 60 seconds. Other subcaps can light cyno but there's a 60s spool up timer, then a 5 minute timer.

Moving capitals shouldn't be AIDs for solos and small groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    JF's will be able to jump to covert cynos so actually an improvement for JF pilots
    I was more referring to all those noob frig cyno chars littering all the usual routes who will now have to buy more injectors or go useless for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Well, well

Look who's alive
    More than ever. How have you been?
    Oh well, you know

Enjoying the powerbloc life. There comes a point where you lose interest in trying to save people from their stupidity and just have a fine old time helping rub their faces in the effects of resurgent power projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    I was more referring to all those noob frig cyno chars littering all the usual routes who will now have to buy more injectors or go useless for a month.
    It doesn't take all that long to skill up a covops, especially with CCP handing skill points out like party favours these days.. Cyno V is actually the big one.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Well, well

Look who's alive
    Oh well, you know

Enjoying the powerbloc life. There comes a point where you lose interest in trying to save people from their stupidity and just have a fine old time helping rub their faces in the effects of resurgent power projection.
    Yeah I don’t blame you. It takes so much energy to have a good change made only to see it whittled down or completely reversed with effortless fear mongering from the vocal minority. No point in wasting your time. Sit back and watch the mother fucker burn.
    Last edited by Marlona Sky; August 16 2019 at 01:26:43 AM.

I think my alt still had loads of recon bpc's left, but I'm strong enough to stay clean from eve.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I think my alt still had loads of recon bpc's left, but I'm strong enough to stay clean from eve.
    Stay strong. Just take it one day at a time.

well, i'm going to scroll through /r/eve and watch this shit unfold, thats for sure

about a year from now the game will either have 1k PCU or be actually worth checking out again
    Last edited by n0th; August 16 2019 at 11:59:10 AM.

Recon prices are already normalizing in/around Jita.

Its a solid change and CCP did make mention they will be hard eyeballing JF's to ensure some balance remains which shows some thought went into this.

The vitriol being spewed by parties on both sides of the equation is vile. Instead of popcorn I find it simply sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    The vitriol being spewed by parties on both sides of the equation is vile. Instead of popcorn I find it simply sad.
    Good. Chaos is exactly what’s needed.

Well, well

Look who's alive
    Oh well, you know

Yeah I don’t blame you. It takes so much energy to have a good change made only to see it whittled down or completely reversed with effortless fear mongering from the vocal minority. No point in wasting your time. Sit back and watch the mother fucker burn.
    The best part is that the dumb fucks that bawwed the hardest about fatigue are now the ones complaining the most about power projection

Their tears as heady as the finest brandy, salty like anchovies provencal, juicy like a perfectly cooked steak.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    Recon prices are already normalizing in/around Jita.

Its a solid change and CCP did make mention they will be hard eyeballing JF's to ensure some balance remains which shows some thought went into this.

The part that makes me puzzled is that this is a huge JF buff. Yeah OK they'll have to skill up their cyno alts, or even just use jump clones of higher skilled alts, but being able to use covert cynos is amazing.