hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyno changes finally happening that should have happened years ago

Shit change.

Ships that require alts to be stuck, immobile for x minutes was always dumb and this nonsensical game design wouldn't pass in any other game.

Increasing the skill/isk sealing to fix something about blobs and fat happy power blocs is so hilariously misguided that I can only imagine that some sweaty ex goons have finally metagamed their way into a position of being able to make such monumentally silly game design choices to further calcify the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I suppose the biggest problem with this is the biggest groups can easily swallow the cost of sacrificing recons to continue their current amount of force projection. Smaller groups will have to be smarter about things.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    at least we're not Greece.

Remember that Force Recons have the cyno cycle time reduction
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....
    yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.
    Well you could kill them and unlock?
    Also dont think the hacking minigame is so easy to bot.
    How do you get in a system that's permalocked?
    Obviously you need to lock it from the "outside".
    Unlockable from any side? Then you must be able to defend both sides (or 4 if u wanna close a pipe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Shit change.

Ships that require alts to be stuck, immobile for x minutes was always dumb and this nonsensical game design wouldn't pass in any other game.

Increasing the skill/isk sealing to fix something about blobs and fat happy power blocs is so hilariously misguided that I can only imagine that some sweaty ex goons have finally metagamed their way into a position of being able to make such monumentally silly game design choices to further calcify the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I suppose the biggest problem with this is the biggest groups can easily swallow the cost of sacrificing recons to continue their current amount of force projection. Smaller groups will have to be smarter about things.
    lol
    Honestly I just remembered I have a couple carriers and lots of ships I used to move about with those carriers in a lowsec station. Guess everything is now stuck there or I should just repackage and sell everything then buy a super and suicide it gloriously
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.
    So CCP's now going with Industrial cynos (on T1 industrials only), JFs won't be using covert cynos (and people are crying about wasting SP on training/injecting alts prematurely for that).
    Still not quite module-less ships, as there's some ~900dps passive tank Nereus from Entosising gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

When is this change going live? Unfortunately indy cynos are retarded. At least covert cynos meant a steep SP investment in the alt network, but indy cynos won't require that and a T1 indy is barely expensive at all.

What this change will mean though is probably a lot of JFs will bounce off stations since it will be more difficult to position the cyno properly (nubships had a negligible radius, but indys otoh).

Granted covops cynos would have been a bit OP for JFs, but I'm p. sure JFs would have still died in reasonable numbers.

September. On a tuesday as they allways do patches then. 48 hours notice thats all.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

I don't feel motivated enough to do anything about it tbqfh.

Guess I really won EvE

When is this change going live? Unfortunately indy cynos are retarded. At least covert cynos meant a steep SP investment in the alt network, but indy cynos won't require that and a T1 indy is barely expensive at all.

What this change will mean though is probably a lot of JFs will bounce off stations since it will be more difficult to position the cyno properly (nubships had a negligible radius, but indys otoh).

Granted covops cynos would have been a bit OP for JFs, but I'm p. sure JFs would have still died in reasonable numbers.
    JFs use citadel routes and cyno 10km inside tether radius; only chmups cyno to NPC stations any more. In theory you can get a point on them before they can dock I suppose.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Only if they don't dock during their invulnerability timer which, again, is something only the NPC station chumps would do. The only way to actually catch a competent JF pilot is when he takes the 3-5 jumps through high-sec on his way to Jita.

Wait, points now disallow docking? o.O

Wait, points now disallow docking? o.O
    Correct. It's been that way for Upwell structures since the start. If you're pointed, you can't dock. It's balanced by the fact that since tethering is a thing, the only way you can get pointed to begin with is if you engaged in aggression. It's CCP's solution to docking games.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I'm sorry, I meant regarding normal station docking, I don't deal with Upwell structures. Balancing vs tethering seems reasonable enough with points.

I'm sorry, I meant regarding normal station docking, I don't deal with Upwell structures. Balancing vs tethering seems reasonable enough with points.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, docking hasn't changed for regular stations - you can still dock while pointed there.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

How do you avoid upwell structures?

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I have never even seen one upwell structure.

You don't warp to them.

Or fight people near them, apparently.

Or fight people near them, apparently.
    Correct.

Not having eve installed is the best way to avoid them