hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cyno changes finally happening that should have happened years ago

negative ghostrider, making people invest an extra 2m SP into their JF cyno alts is basically a warcrime

Scrub alts, you wanted cyno 5 for noobship-cynos and frig 5 for getting around in a inty. not much for left for covert cynos.

People might have to occasionally work with others when moving their capital ships around, oh this is awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    People might have to occasionally work with others when moving their capital ships around, oh this is awful
    But but but working with people obviously means that this just hurts the little guys and the big meanies goons and pandafam have ~ ~ already adapted ~ ~ and will ~ ~ twist the knife ~ ~ some more on CCP to conform to their playstyle.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

Co-operation required in an MMO to do this stuff? Heavens.

If you don't want to work in a coordinated group, you should learn to solo about incompetently like I used to.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    Recon prices are already normalizing in/around Jita.

Its a solid change and CCP did make mention they will be hard eyeballing JF's to ensure some balance remains which shows some thought went into this.

The vitriol being spewed by parties on both sides of the equation is vile. Instead of popcorn I find it simply sad.
    The part that makes me puzzled is that this is a huge JF buff. Yeah OK they'll have to skill up their cyno alts, or even just use jump clones of higher skilled alts, but being able to use covert cynos is amazing.
    To me this sound really band-aid-like. Imagine the following brainstorming session:
    - hey we should have only force recons and blops able to equip cynos!
    - fantastic!
    - great!
    - super!

Sleepy dude in the corner wakes up from all the cheering, gets updated, makes a dumb face and asks about JFs.

- Oh.
    - Covert cynos?
    - I suppose...

-----
    Edit: I'm amazed there isn't a T2 cyno that can only be fit on indy ships that only JFs are able to use
    Last edited by Cosmin; August 18 2019 at 09:33:21 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post

If you don't want to work in a coordinated group, you should learn to solo about incompetently like I used to.
    I'd also like to say a word in favour of co-ordinating incompetently
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.

yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.
    Well you could kill them and unlock?
    Also dont think the hacking minigame is so easy to bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post

I'd also like to say a word in favour of co-ordinating incompetently
    I'm intrigued by this point, as glib as it may seem. How organised or competent are most alliances these days.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

How do you get in a system that's permalocked? Also there are plenty of human bots to bot the minigame and at the same time keep any wormholes almost collapsed. Granted you may sneak a cyno ship then bring in the cavalry but if stuff goes tits up that's a p. expensive one way trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

How do you get in a system that's permalocked? Also there are plenty of human bots to bot the minigame and at the same time keep any wormholes almost collapsed. Granted you may sneak a cyno ship then bring in the cavalry but if stuff goes tits up that's a p. expensive one way trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless you're fighting at 0 on the gate with your "cavalry", then it makes no difference to the siuation. You can capital jump back to where you jumped in from if you can clear tackle, or else you're committed, just like you would if the gate worked.
    I love Malcanis!

I meant if your recon gets tackled and murdered before it brings in anything through the cyno

Still need to give all ships jump drives in order to completely rebalance what a Titan could be. They let capitals use gates, just let every ship jump to cynos.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Still need to give all ships jump drives in order to completely rebalance what a Titan could be. They let capitals use gates, just let every ship jump to cynos.
    no
    I love Malcanis!

How do you get in a system that's permalocked? Also there are plenty of human bots to bot the minigame and at the same time keep any wormholes almost collapsed. Granted you may sneak a cyno ship then bring in the cavalry but if stuff goes tits up that's
    Just let stargates be destructible and rebuildable. Would possibly need changes to how system connections work and where.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And jumping to low sec entry systems will be expensive as hell for small groups.
    Its obviously totally impossible to protect a ship for 5 min. Or gods forbid you make it costly for the aggressor.
    Sounds like a live event challenge.... Moral of this story is no.

Ofc not sure if tidi

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

How do you get in a system that's permalocked?
    Obviously you need to lock it from the "outside".