hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: Cyno changes finally happening that should have happened years ago

  1. #41

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    [TSKRS]
    Posts
    3,238
    negative ghostrider, making people invest an extra 2m SP into their JF cyno alts is basically a warcrime

  2. #42

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,819
    Scrub alts, you wanted cyno 5 for noobship-cynos and frig 5 for getting around in a inty. not much for left for covert cynos.

  3. #43
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,157
    People might have to occasionally work with others when moving their capital ships around, oh this is awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  4. #44
    HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3, 2011
    Location
    [VENIO]
    Posts
    4,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    People might have to occasionally work with others when moving their capital ships around, oh this is awful
    But but but working with people obviously means that this just hurts the little guys and the big meanies goons and pandafam have ~ ~ already adapted ~ ~ and will ~ ~ twist the knife ~ ~ some more on CCP to conform to their playstyle.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

  5. #45
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,089
    Co-operation required in an MMO to do this stuff? Heavens.

    If you don't want to work in a coordinated group, you should learn to solo about incompetently like I used to.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  6. #46
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    Recon prices are already normalizing in/around Jita.

    Its a solid change and CCP did make mention they will be hard eyeballing JF's to ensure some balance remains which shows some thought went into this.

    The vitriol being spewed by parties on both sides of the equation is vile. Instead of popcorn I find it simply sad.
    The part that makes me puzzled is that this is a huge JF buff. Yeah OK they'll have to skill up their cyno alts, or even just use jump clones of higher skilled alts, but being able to use covert cynos is amazing.
    To me this sound really band-aid-like. Imagine the following brainstorming session:
    - hey we should have only force recons and blops able to equip cynos!
    - fantastic!
    - great!
    - super!


    Sleepy dude in the corner wakes up from all the cheering, gets updated, makes a dumb face and asks about JFs.

    - Oh.
    - Covert cynos?
    - I suppose...

    -----
    Edit: I'm amazed there isn't a T2 cyno that can only be fit on indy ships that only JFs are able to use
    Last edited by Cosmin; August 18 2019 at 09:33:21 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  7. #47
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,595
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

  8. #48
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Co-operation required in an MMO to do this stuff? Heavens.

    If you don't want to work in a coordinated group, you should learn to solo about incompetently like I used to.
    I'd also like to say a word in favour of co-ordinating incompetently
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  9. #49
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

    Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

    Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....

  10. #50
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

    Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

    Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....
    yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.



  11. #51
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

    Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

    Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....
    yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.
    Well you could kill them and unlock?
    Also dont think the hacking minigame is so easy to bot.

  12. #52
    Lady Spank's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Get Out Nasty Face
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Co-operation required in an MMO to do this stuff? Heavens.

    If you don't want to work in a coordinated group, you should learn to solo about incompetently like I used to.
    I'd also like to say a word in favour of co-ordinating incompetently
    I'm intrigued by this point, as glib as it may seem. How organised or competent are most alliances these days.
      Spoiler:



    (ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

  13. #53
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

    Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

    Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....
    yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.
    Well you could kill them and unlock?
    Also dont think the hacking minigame is so easy to bot.
    How do you get in a system that's permalocked? Also there are plenty of human bots to bot the minigame and at the same time keep any wormholes almost collapsed. Granted you may sneak a cyno ship then bring in the cavalry but if stuff goes tits up that's a p. expensive one way trip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #54
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

    Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

    Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....
    yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.
    Well you could kill them and unlock?
    Also dont think the hacking minigame is so easy to bot.
    How do you get in a system that's permalocked? Also there are plenty of human bots to bot the minigame and at the same time keep any wormholes almost collapsed. Granted you may sneak a cyno ship then bring in the cavalry but if stuff goes tits up that's a p. expensive one way trip.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless you're fighting at 0 on the gate with your "cavalry", then it makes no difference to the siuation. You can capital jump back to where you jumped in from if you can clear tackle, or else you're committed, just like you would if the gate worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  15. #55
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,658
    I meant if your recon gets tackled and murdered before it brings in anything through the cyno
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,611
    Still need to give all ships jump drives in order to completely rebalance what a Titan could be. They let capitals use gates, just let every ship jump to cynos.

  17. #57
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    16,157
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Still need to give all ships jump drives in order to completely rebalance what a Titan could be. They let capitals use gates, just let every ship jump to cynos.
    no
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  18. #58
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    How do you get in a system that's permalocked? Also there are plenty of human bots to bot the minigame and at the same time keep any wormholes almost collapsed. Granted you may sneak a cyno ship then bring in the cavalry but if stuff goes tits up that's
    Just let stargates be destructible and rebuildable. Would possibly need changes to how system connections work and where.

  19. #59

    Join Date
    August 24, 2011
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And jumping to low sec entry systems will be expensive as hell for small groups.
    Its obviously totally impossible to protect a ship for 5 min. Or gods forbid you make it costly for the aggressor.
    Sounds like a live event challenge.... Moral of this story is no.

    Ofc not sure if tidi

    Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

  20. #60

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    The idea of a cyno-from-cheaper-hulls module that disables all other ship modules seems reasonable. But I'd also love to see actual gated logistics with support fleets. People do it for wormholes just fine.

    The game should probably just not have 100% dependable gates tbh, imagine roughly 25% don't work on any given day (probably add a few more gates overall). New tactical opportunities during wars, also sometimes safer ratting, etc.

    Maybe one should be able to disable gates by hacking them (10-60min etc). Then a counter-hack to enable if u dont wanna wait it out.
    Would offer opportunities to ambush, and even cut pipes temporarily etc.

    Obviously it would be abused to hell, but yeah....
    yeah lets give sov alliances the ability to put bots on gates to keep all their gates permalocked lol.
    Well you could kill them and unlock?
    Also dont think the hacking minigame is so easy to bot.
    How do you get in a system that's permalocked?
    Obviously you need to lock it from the "outside".

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •