hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilmar and co. tempting me to resub?

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shoki View Post
    i am seriously, after many years, considering subbing

so how is null nowdays, anyway? how's blackout panning out? is there a pvp corp for pennyless noobs (at this point, i'm worse then noob, because i have a LOT of sp and zero knowledge on mechanics and meta...)?

in any case, no local null sounds interesting again
    If your looking for pvp then the best option is to join a WH corp that has a 0,0 static. Thats the most fun imo.
    Try Odin's Call if you're EU
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I do still have my main character and a bunch of plex, if there is ever a niche for casual solo/smallgang again
    Try SniggWaffe? They seem to be having fun taking on capitals with sub-caps.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Would love to play again and take the ol' ships out for a brawl. But my Steam library beckons, and school starts soon.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Also skillu (last actual nullsec pvp alliance?) disbanding
    They voluntarily disbanded in June before Blackout was announced. They said they had basically 'won' EVE as an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    I do still have my main character and a bunch of plex, if there is ever a niche for casual solo/smallgang again
    Try SniggWaffe? They seem to be having fun taking on capitals with sub-caps.
    Dude, while i do salute Waffles for seemingly having fun in this shit game i also did that in 2016. With actual ~picogangs~ too (with like 2 nightmares + support, or 100ab faggotry or sneaking a dread through a direct LS connection)

Rolling holes, dumpstering dumb ass carebear caps and then running away when inevitably a cyno goes up and 500 FAX enter grid isnt something i want to spend my time with anymore.

IF i'm ever to play this again i want to login, hop into a hull brutix or some shit and get into a dank ass brawl within 15 minutes of undocking.
    Last edited by n0th; August 1 2019 at 07:55:47 AM.

What changes would it take to see basically only BCs, BSs and HACs travelling about in 1-3 man groups, doing potentially pve or pvp? IMHO this landscape would be ideal. AFs could solo some, groups of them could also run pve, people could form improptu camps all over. But it'd require some kind of constant resource redistribution (constellation-bound anoms on crack? guaranteed escalation chains?) in order to remove the value in camping a few regional gates, or having capitals be useful for non-static/strategic fights.

Am I basically describing wormhole life without having to probe connections? And some NPC stations?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; August 1 2019 at 08:36:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

IF i'm ever to play this again i want to login, hop into a hull brutix or some shit and get into a dank ass brawl within 15 minutes of undocking.
    such dreams were tormenting way back in 2015...

thanks for the suggestions, im finally getting some days off so i'll prolly be subbing then.
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    What changes would it take to see basically only BCs, BSs and HACs travelling about in 1-3 man groups, doing potentially pve or pvp? IMHO this landscape would be ideal. AFs could solo some, groups of them could also run pve, people could form improptu camps all over. But it'd require some kind of constant resource redistribution (constellation-bound anoms on crack? guaranteed escalation chains?) in order to remove the value in camping a few regional gates, or having capitals be useful for non-static/strategic fights.

Am I basically describing wormhole life without having to probe connections? And some NPC stations?
    You're basically describing event sites in high and lowsec 1-2-3 days after introduction, when they were new and would spark interest

Krabs would krab, gankers would try to haze krabs, ganker-gankers would disguise as krabs and try to shit on gankers

Especially in highsec, if you would put up with cancer HS mechanics this was quite a bit of fun for a while
    Last edited by n0th; August 1 2019 at 11:23:13 AM.

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Well

Rote Kapelle is recruiting.

The free SP thing I just ignore....don't care.

The rocket Jackadaw is FUN. It simply shreds slices n dices and tanks like a beast.
    The Rapier is still good.

WH space still the best space. Earlier this week came across 6 (SIX ) Nestors and a Rattlesnake. Nice of the Nestors to let us efficiently gank the Rattle as we had 4 dudes. And tonight found dudes shooting a Brave tower....snuck in twatted a Stratios and Praxis...in comes an Eris and I got greedy....twatted the dictor and went back for 2 pods caught in a bubble....they escalated and in came the Mega Navy Issue, Domi, and shitty Falcon.....my brave little Jackadaw died so others might live. First fight in years that I got the pewpew rush.

No mechanics. No bullshit or stress. A little effort in w-space=max fun and returns.

Shoot even ninja huffing gas is chill no-stress ISK earning.

Tonights fucked up local chat should be more entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Well

Wait, really?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post
    Well

Wait, really?
    Scrote Crappelle

Games just dull as fuck solo, even more so than before. Tried Thera again... watching Volta blob the shit out of everything and roll holes as fast as you can probe them is no fun at all and probing gets old fast anyway so moved back to NPC null and it's dead as fuck there apart from the odd gangs camping bubbles. I could drop my own bubbles but fuck sitting there for hours watching a spaceship themed screensaver. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Games just dull as fuck solo, even more so than before. Tried Thera again... watching Volta blob the shit out of everything and roll holes as fast as you can probe them is no fun at all and probing gets old fast anyway so moved back to NPC null and it's dead as fuck there apart from the odd gangs camping bubbles. I could drop my own bubbles but fuck sitting there for hours watching a spaceship themed screensaver. Oh well....
    join us

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Games just dull as fuck solo
    This was always the case
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I think i hit a wall last night. Just not feeling eve again. Had a good two or three weeks back, then i was on comms in a rr fleet with my corpmates, and thety were all whooping and ahollering at a flawless victory and all i could think was "i feel nothing but disgust"

Be warned Comer backers. Month sub only

I'm the opposite and enjoying EvE....as always the folks you share the time with tend to make it worthwhile; however, the actual game itself is a hellava rush.

Flew a dictor tonight for the first time in years....escalating fight starting with blapping a pair of rolling Megathrons and discovering the other side had some guy trapped in an abyssal thread (still no idea what the hell that is) provoking a generally even brawl in terms of numbers completely kitchen sink ranging form a couple T3 cruisers, Orthrus, Hurricane, DNI, HNI....shoot I was losing track which is always hysterical. Fight lasted forever in EvE terms and actually kept my dictor alive and bubbling/km whoring throughout.

I don't get the probing complaints. Its SO FUCKING SIMPLE compared to years ago and the WH chain tools make it a breeze.
    Even the bullshit headache of setting up the overview is negated by OV packs.
    The only thing that would make me happier is if I could figure out how to shoehorn my probing gank Pilgrim fit....CPU must have been changed cuz I just can't do it

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I think i hit a wall last night. Just not feeling eve again. Had a good two or three weeks back, then i was on comms in a rr fleet with my corpmates, and thety were all whooping and ahollering at a flawless victory and all i could think was "i feel nothing but disgust"

Can I have your stuff?

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

How does one fuck up the enjoyment of a well-crafted RR gang getting a fight? So much potential for escalation, manual piloting, dps + tackle + tanking all the time, etc. Just a gank with a comp that wouldn't lose anything because of 'hidden' reps?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post

How does one fuck up the enjoyment of a well-crafted RR gang getting a fight? So much potential for escalation, manual piloting, dps + tackle + tanking all the time, etc. Just a gank with a comp that wouldn't lose anything because of 'hidden' reps?
    "I was there. . . "