hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Hilmar and co. tempting me to resub?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Titans were shit from the getgo. Even more hilariously so, actually.

<- Killed 1st titan, flew 2nd titan. Trust me remote gridwide AoE instakill DD from inside a POS is not something that was fun for anyone other than the pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

<- Killed 1st titan, flew 2nd titan. Trust me remote gridwide AoE instakill DD from inside a POS is not something that was fun for anyone other than the pilot.
    1 out of 400 players enjoy grid wide remote doomsdays, making it maybe the most liked feature in eve.

So Grath has announced and flounced. Surprised he stuck around for so long, I guess he had more skin in the game than most.

Also Amarr and Minny FW have agreed to flip mission stations to stop FW mission farming. My last act in Eve was fucking around with DnG in Amarr FW once we took the warzone and then held onto fortress huola out of spite so I'm kind of happy to see they are still hanging around in stupid T1 fits. Pretty ridiculous that opposing militias are resorting to this in order to generate content. FW is the easiest area of Eve to fix. CCP are dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

FW needs a lattice system like Planetside 2. Allow "not frontline" systems to be captured, but with really low LP and really long capture times. Push the players to fight over maybe 5-10 systems at a time.

Best thing to happen is if CCP + PA implode and somebody else picks up the IP to either reboot or rework it as they feel.

Hitting the Delete key on supers and most of the ships introduced in the past 5 years is where I'd start
    Last edited by mewninn; October 5 2019 at 10:16:51 PM.

Having a hip prosthetic replaced next month. After the op I'll be off work for two months and I might very well resub then to see what the game's like these days.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Implying implications
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Having a hip prosthetic replaced next month. After the op I'll be off work for two months and I might very well resub then to see what the game's like these days.
    At least you'll have copious amounts of pain meds on tap I guess?
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I wouln't be certain about that, hip replacement's practically a day op these days, 1 night's stay even for the ~60year olds. I wouldn't expect you can be under too many strong meds when they then check you have motion and let you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I wouln't be certain about that, hip replacement's practically a day op these days, 1 night's stay even for the ~60year olds. I wouldn't expect you can be under too many strong meds when they then check you have motion and let you go.
    He's in Switzerland. His doc will prescribe two months of rest just because.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

When you still feel the need to humblebrag about a game you don't play anymore to an audience of 5 1/2 people, years later.

Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Hip replacements are a bitch to people below 60yo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Seems I was mixing up hip and knee ops. Hips are still amazingly just a few days before discharge, while knees can be day ops.

Meanwhile cranial-rectal inversions are lacking in Iceland.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Tapapapatalk
    The prosthetic that has been there for the last 24 years is worn out (I got prosthetics on both sides when I was 30). More precisely, the polyethylene lining of the prosthetic is worn out, with just 1 mm left between the metal ball and cup. The PE particles from the worn out lining have worked their way down to the femur, and because PE is toxic to bone, have eaten away the bone right down to the metal shaft of the prosthetic. The op involves not only replacing the old prosthetic but also cleaning up the area around the femur of PE particles.

It's a very big op.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Holy cow. Yeah that's a big one.

And still I'd guess an American would have less mandated rest anyway.

Question for those with sick days (US and UK): how would that work for a surgery like this, where the mandatory rest is far longer than your sick days can cover? Use vacation days and take unpaid leave, or is there a way to get more sick days?

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

In the UK it at the very minimum there is statuary sick pay if you're off for over 5 days up to 7 months I think. It isn't very much though, less than 100 a week.

Most contracts should stipulate terms for longer term sick pay (which will vary person to person), and most companies are probably insured for it.

Tapapapatalk
    The prosthetic that has been there for the last 24 years is worn out (I got prosthetics on both sides when I was 30). More precisely, the polyethylene lining of the prosthetic is worn out, with just 1 mm left between the metal ball and cup. The PE particles from the worn out lining have worked their way down to the femur, and because PE is toxic to bone, have eaten away the bone right down to the metal shaft of the prosthetic. The op involves not only replacing the old prosthetic but also cleaning up the area around the femur of PE particles.

It's a very big op.
    It ain't surgery unless the surgeon is using a big mallet to either attach or remove something to bone... (do not look up videos of such surgeries before having the op)

Tapapapatalk

It's a very big op.
    You will be fine
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.