hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Hilmar and co. tempting me to resub?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    I like solo thrashers. Is this a good time to resub?
    Mah dude, let me tell you about a destroyer-class vessel that can outdps your thrasher from 40k, while being nearly twice as fast and more agile.
    Amazing tracking too, puts scorch right into the dumpster.
    This vessel then also has a spoolup mechanic that nearly triples its damage if it stays on one target for a bit. How does 700 dps (cold) out to 40k sound? 1100 (hot) out to 15k? Oh, and it can also heat for ages, cause its just one gun.

Still want to undock that thrasher?

There has been a tiny bit of powercreep, just saying :bitter:
    Looks like I'm staying unsubbed then
    Spacepoor that can't affort a titan spotted!

Is this enough?
    No, you are in thera which implies you are flying some noobship and not even a rifter like ragnarok.

Some further observations if anyone cares:

-No local in nullsec is awesome. Tripping in from J-space I get new regions to play in daily. Couple days ago ran into Delve and our little 3-man band of Jag/Tac dessies provoked a Goon Hel and Rag gate warp which was worth the price of admission for the laughs of them trying to shoot us. One of the dessie pilots probed us into another hole where we promptly got bounced by another WH group and fought/probed our way through another 4 holes til ending up somewhere in NPC null and running back to empire.

Last night provoked the locals in Provi ganking a Procurer in an ice belt with Sabre/Enyo/Trig something. Got chased around systems by the Provi space marshals and lost my shit on comms escaping a 20+ blob plus the 10-ish on the other side of the gate in my now fiery dictor (was buying time for the Trig ship to bail). Another pal came down in a Stiletto and between us evaded the Provi Sheriffs department diving back into j-home.

-ISK seems reasonably easy to make. Ninja huffing gas is extremely lucrative and I'm doing it while I write this in somebodies C6 Instrumental . I never was much for PVE but pairing up with a couple chill folks doing C5 sites+Drifter is really nice dosh. I tried a couple filament thingies and made like 10 isk losing 2 Crapacals in the process .

-Probing is pretty easy now. Chain tools make life simple.

-"Hacking" is still stupid....honestly they could delete the stupid minesweeper minigame and just RNG til it opens. Still....Sansha relics deliver heavy isk.

-WH fighting overall seems a bit tougher to find. Not as common as I remember but my TZ is weird and I miss most of the big stuff.

-No need to go for Trig ships.

There is a lot of fun to be had if you can see past your upturned nose.

Now that I'm used to it, the blackout just feels better.

I do wish that CCP would rework the DCAN so something that's not click-powered though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Mah dude, let me tell you about a destroyer-class vessel that can outdps your thrasher from 40k, while being nearly twice as fast and more agile.
    This vessel then also has a spoolup mechanic that nearly triples its damage if it stays on one target for a bit. How does 700 dps (cold) out to 40k sound? 1100 (hot) out to 15k? Oh, and it can also heat for ages, cause its just one gun.

Is this enough?
    No, you are in thera which implies you are flying some noobship and not even a rifter like ragnarok.
    I'm in a Taranis.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Naked Himar alert.

FinnFest

"Titans represent so many examples of CCP's errors" - CCP Hilmar. I would personally say CCP Hilmar also represents them but I will take what I can get.

Is this enough?
    I'm in a Taranis.
    can i have some free isk pls?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

Is this enough?
    I'm in a Taranis.
    can i have some free isk pls?
    Get in line

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Naked Himar alert.

FinnFest

"Titans represent so many examples of CCP's errors" - CCP Hilmar. I would personally say CCP Hilmar also represents them but I will take what I can get.
    Agreed. It would be nice to think that this would result in sufficient action to change that but I'm not optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I quit eve I thought for good and kept checking in here to witness the death spiral but I'm sorta tempted to reinstall and resub after reading this. I feel bad because I just stopped logging in while CEO and owner of a bunch of assets in my WH so I prolly cost some spacebuddies lots of isk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
    I quit eve I thought for good and kept checking in here to witness the death spiral but I'm sorta tempted to reinstall and resub after reading this. I feel bad because I just stopped logging in while CEO and owner of a bunch of assets in my WH so I prolly cost some spacebuddies lots of isk.
    i know them feels

Quote Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
    Stay strong and don't return

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    God I hope CCP does something to nerf supers/titans against subcaps.
    This was the goon response to our hac fleet...
    https://skyride.org/dscan/0VaQx3A/

And today they were extremely light on their titan numbers.
    How long, until you realize, that there is zero reason to fly subcaps other than a Sabre, HIC, or for cynoing
    Supercarriers have bubble projectors now. Just need the cyno thx.
    I thought that it was a matter of common consensus since like 10 years ago that caps and supercaps were overwhelmingly too good and had little downside
    I thought this was the consensus since the war in 2009 when PL dropped 25 titans on us?

Doesn't seem like much have changed (Even tho they did change the DDs from back then)

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    TBH I can clearly remember the same claims from the moment ASCN deployed the first titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    TBH I can clearly remember the same claims from the moment ASCN deployed the first titan.
    That first LV remote DD in 1v-. Magical times.

Bring back remote DDs. Reverse the HP buffs.

Introducing battleships was a bad idea.

Logged in for shits and giggles.

The Valhalla Project community is dead. Broke up my incursion Vindicator and put up stuff for sale. Not 1 minute later most of my orders were 0.01ISKed. Jita local still has ISK doubling services running. Old chat channels dead (except for Stimulus which actually has people in it). Game looks fantastic. Wanted to undock in an interceptor, Omega clone necessary. Now a month of EvE costs like 1.8b in PLEX...

Oh they redid the model of the Badger, big whoop. Hoarder still looks the same. Content sigh of relief. Jump freighter prices are down to 8ish bil ISK again (were 11). Contemplating why I haven't sold mine. Can't fly 80% of the ships in my hangar on an alpha clone. Can't be bothered to upgrade for those prices however tempted to buy PLEX and flip it a few months later, but :effort:

I don't even want to log my main, but here goes.

CCP Falcon's picture giving a thumbs up on the Launcher home page. Yeah buddy, I'm sure you're delighted.

Main loaded, looks like I'm sitting in an Oracle. Fucking agency greets me, fuck off CCP. The Lionlope has 4 people in it, myself included. This time I can't board 90% of my ships here. Oh, look, my Bhaalgorn, how I've missed you, honey. You'll probably never fly again. Checking local, ElitistOps is now in Snuffed Out. Jesus Christ on a bike. Oh, so is Adversity.

[04:42:31] EVE System > Channel MOT <font size="12" color="#bfffffff">.<br></font><font size="18" color="#ffff0000"><b>RECRUITMENT:</b></font><font size="18" color="#bfffffff"> </font><font size="18" color="#ffff00ff"><b><i><u>VOUCH and Cap Alt REQUIRED - Your vouch comes to leadership via Discord, not you.</i></u><br></font><font size="18" color="#ff00ff00">INTEL:</b></font><font size="18" color="#bfffffff"> </font><font size="18" color="#ffffffff">CONVO AN OFFICIAL<br></font><font size="18" color="#ffff0000"><b>DELIVERIES:</b></font><font size="18" color="#bfffffff"> </font><font size="18" color="#ffffffff">AROUND THE BACK</font>

Such edgy, much wow.

Logged in another alt, incidentally one with a lot of memories attached. Friend who quit EvE. He was quite (in)famous every time he undocked the Caldari Militia would shit their pants on a 10 system radius.

More memories.

Be well, friend, wherever you may be o7

And fuck you, CCP, for driving people away from this game.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Meanwhile there's an actual good post on reddit listing many sweet changes that most people would love. CCP need only implementing a few this year and the game could actually improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

oh wow. You realy are bitter.

Reminds me of myself. Damn it I miss the old MNDS crew some times.
    Just went by their killboards. Didn't recognize a single name and it seems all they do now is drop titans on small gangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Meanwhile there's an actual good post on reddit listing many sweet changes that most people would love. CCP need only implementing a few this year and the game could actually improve.
    If I had ten bucks every time someone linked to a reddit post with "some really good changes to [whatever game] that would make everything better", I could take a year off to work on a game of my own with some really good stuff many people would love.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    oh wow. You realy are bitter.
    Not bitter at all, just nostalgic. It's just that CCP ruined the fight of the few against the many by slowly but surely removing the tools at their disposal. But it doesn't make me bitter, just apathetic towards a game I used to love.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.