hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilmar and co. tempting me to resub?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n0th View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I like solo thrashers. Is this a good time to resub?
    Mah dude, let me tell you about a destroyer-class vessel that can outdps your thrasher from 40k, while being nearly twice as fast and more agile.
    Amazing tracking too, puts scorch right into the dumpster.
    This vessel then also has a spoolup mechanic that nearly triples its damage if it stays on one target for a bit. How does 700 dps (cold) out to 40k sound? 1100 (hot) out to 15k? Oh, and it can also heat for ages, cause its just one gun.

Still want to undock that thrasher?

There has been a tiny bit of powercreep, just saying :bitter:
    Looks like I'm staying unsubbed then
    Tbh head over to twitch.tv/evelog and ask Jebi that question, he pewpews in frigs only basically, most of them cheap if I am not mistaken
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    So what's being summarized in the usual sarcastic and somewhat unhelpful way that is FHC tradition, is that the spiritual successor of the solo thrasher is quite good these days.

The retribution also isn't just a meme coercer anymore, being the previous fotm solo ship.

Just like anyone wanting to fly rifters after the frig rebalance (how many years ago now?), there's been some changes, and while the exact hulls aren't as viable, there's a whole new set of hulls and mechanics to explore.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Just kill me now, cause I read the entire thing, and my eyes are bleeding
    3edgy5me.

If you think your eyes are bleeding now just wait for the video where you see their 1:1 leshak to zarm logi comp.
    Lords, they have a point. We don't complain about logi ratios these days. We are just quietly grateful when a fight isn't shut down by 800000000 supers and titans.
    Oh silly me for not having played at all for the last 7 years, I missed that part. Maybe I should've mentioned 1:1:1 with the last being their caps that we waterboarded so they couldn't "shut down" the fight. Can you teach me how to be an elite poster?

Yes.
    I was just saying. No need to be a huge bell-end about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

I don't see how a hundred million isk hull is a spiritual successor to the thrasher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    I was just saying. No need to be a huge bell-end about it.
    Well then in the interest of keeping our newfound activity in this section rolling, I'll be the first to apologise for mistaking your post for trolling sarcasm.
    It's 2019. Get a grip.

there's been some changes, and while the exact hulls aren't as viable, there's a whole new set of hulls and mechanics to explore.
    or, to put it more bluntly, most old hulls put into trashcan by triglav ships, aka. the textbook definition of power creep
    solo = kiki, drekavac
    fag-scale = drekavac
    wannabe 1337 f1-scale = leshak

now thats an interesting meta

NOT
    Last edited by n0th; August 19 2019 at 08:31:18 PM.

Mah dude, let me tell you about a destroyer-class vessel that can outdps your thrasher from 40k, while being nearly twice as fast and more agile.
    This vessel then also has a spoolup mechanic that nearly triples its damage if it stays on one target for a bit. How does 700 dps (cold) out to 40k sound? 1100 (hot) out to 15k? Oh, and it can also heat for ages, cause its just one gun.

This is all true, but nevertheless...

A thrasher can still put in an honest day's work.

Thrashers are still good, Kikimoras are more expensive because innocent Triglavians are murdered to get the parts. So don't be a space poor.

there's been some changes, and while the exact hulls aren't as viable, there's a whole new set of hulls and mechanics to explore.
    or, to put it more bluntly, most old hulls put into trashcan by triglav ships, aka. the textbook definition of power creep
    solo = kiki, drekavac
    fag-scale = drekavac
    wannabe 1337 f1-scale = leshak

now thats an interesting meta

NOT
    Eh, the price reflects the performance, at least currently. I think for solo fun I'd still rather fly around and lose a few dozen Thrashers for the same price as 1 Kiki, but I get that people are attracted to pwnmobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Ass ass ass.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I don't see how a hundred million isk hull is a spiritual successor to the thrasher.
    : Lordsservant :

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post

A thrasher can still put in an honest day's work.
    Well, its 5 thrashers
    And it Suitonia who is i think the biggest turbonerd when it comes to this

but yeah, it is hilarious

After years of hyperabundance, the game economy is awash with ISK and existing resources.

Let me explain. I'm pretty fuck-idle and also not particularly good at EVE, as I'm sure you're all clear on by now. My method is that about once a year, I get into a zone where I'm OK with grinding ISK. Previously it's been angel missions, last time it was anoms. Nothing spectacular, just smashing hubs with a Rattlesnake, then salvaging with a Noctis (Serp salvage is worth as much as the bounty ISK these days). Anyway, I usually put in about 2-4 weeks a year and that's the way it's been since 2010 or so. I don't do mass rorqual mining or supercap ratting or boson ratting or any of that high-attention, high capital value, high-ISK/h stuff. Just smashing Hubs with an Rattlesnake adapted from an ex doctrine ship that used to be used for POS bashes.

The rest of the year I just don't do anything much to make ISK. I buy whatever doctrine subcaps are required, and I have pretty good fleet attendance for an F1 nullblobber.

Recently, while I was on holiday obviously, INIT restaged from J5A to IGE. I have a bunch of stuff in J5A, so I did an inventory. As displacement activity is always more attractive than an unwelcome task, I started doing a bit of maths with respect to my loss rate. I will also add that I just don't bother with SRP except on the extremely rare occasion that I lose a ship due to an obvious and culpable error on the FC's part. Less than once per year.

With the liquid ISK I have in my wallet, plus the ships I already own, at current prices, and assuming a 1.5B ISK buffer (it's really expensive to be too poor in EVE, just as in real life)....

I do not need to make ISK again until about 68th birthday, plus or minus 8 months.

The point of this is not to humblebrag. The point of this is to explain that welping hundred million ISK thrashers is a problem that I wont have to deal with the consequences of until I'm nearly 70, and I'm basically one step above a fast food server in the EVE economy.

That's why the hundred million ISK hull is literally and unironically the spiritual successor to the Thrasher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

After years of hyperabundance, the game economy is awash with ISK and existing resources.

Let me explain. I'm pretty fuck-idle and also not particularly good at EVE, as I'm sure you're all clear on by now. My method is that about once a year, I get into a zone where I'm OK with grinding ISK. Previously it's been angel missions, last time it was anoms. Nothing spectacular, just smashing hubs with a Rattlesnake, then salvaging with a Noctis (Serp salvage is worth as much as the bounty ISK these days). Anyway, I usually put in about 2-4 weeks a year and that's the way it's been since 2010 or so. I don't do mass rorqual mining or supercap ratting or boson ratting or any of that high-attention, high capital value, high-ISK/h stuff. Just smashing Hubs with an Rattlesnake adapted from an ex doctrine ship that used to be used for POS bashes.

The rest of the year I just don't do anything much to make ISK. I buy whatever doctrine subcaps are required, and I have pretty good fleet attendance for an F1 nullblobber.

Recently, while I was on holiday obviously, INIT restaged from J5A to IGE. I have a bunch of stuff in J5A, so I did an inventory. As displacement activity is always more attractive than an unwelcome task, I started doing a bit of maths with respect to my loss rate. I will also add that I just don't bother with SRP except on the extremely rare occasion that I lose a ship due to an obvious and culpable error on the FC's part. Less than once per year.

With the liquid ISK I have in my wallet, plus the ships I already own, at current prices, and assuming a 1.5B ISK buffer (it's really expensive to be too poor in EVE, just as in real life)....

I do not need to make ISK again until about 68th birthday, plus or minus 8 months.

The point of this is not to humblebrag. The point of this is to explain that welping hundred million ISK thrashers is a problem that I wont have to deal with the consequences of until I'm nearly 70, and I'm basically one step above a fast food server in the EVE economy.

That's why the hundred million ISK hull is literally and unironically the spiritual successor to the Thrasher.
    not like it was ever much different, 10 years ago all the leet pvpers where in pimp dramiels and cynabals. We tend to have a fondness for the ships we started pvping in, but let's not kid ourselves that they where anything but starter ships for a vast game like eve.

I have a sweet spot for enyos because I used to tackle in one when I was in noir. forever ago. It felt like such a powerful ship at the time until I met a vagabond.

As Malcanis said, there has never been as much capital and resources in eve as there is today, letting people buy power is not a new concept at all, as long as you can still blap a trig dessy with 2 t1 dessies semi reliably the paradigm has not shifted at all.

Ships have always been about four time the price for 50% more performance (i'm just inventing number here, but you get the idea). Adding an extra tier above what was available before isn't powercreep as long as that rule still exists.

With all that in mind, I played with kikimoras in pyfa a bit, and you might get 800 dps out of one, but it still has only 4k ehp with no or very little active tank. A good player can use that to his advantage, but it ain't much different than a daredevil with 400 dps and a 90% web...

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    With all that in mind, I played with kikimoras in pyfa a bit, and you might get 800 dps out of one, but it still has only 4k ehp with no or very little active tank. A good player can use that to his advantage, but it ain't much different than a daredevil with 400 dps and a 90% web...
    The most common fit you'll see out and about is a kitey shield tanked one with a bit over 8k ehp. This is the one I run; you can swap the TE for a third damage mod if you upgrade from a T2 point to dread guristas or caldari navy.

Spoiler:
    [Kikimora, cheap mwd]

Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer
    Entropic Radiation Sink II
    IFFA Compact Damage Control

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
    Caldari Navy Medium Shield Extender
    Warp Disruptor II

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Mystic S
    Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe /OFFLINE

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
    Small Polycarbon Engine Housing II

Occult S x500
    Baryon Exotic Plasma S x500
    Meson Exotic Plasma S x500
    Nanite Repair Paste x100

Quote Originally Posted by Tafkat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    The most common fit you'll see out and about is a kitey shield tanked one with a bit over 8k ehp. This is the one I run; you can swap the TE for a third damage mod if you upgrade from a T2 point to dread guristas or caldari navy.

Spoiler:
    [Kikimora, cheap mwd]

Fourier Compact Tracking Enhancer
    IFFA Compact Damage Control

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
    Caldari Navy Medium Shield Extender
    Warp Disruptor II

Light Entropic Disintegrator II, Mystic S
    Core Probe Launcher II, Sisters Core Scanner Probe /OFFLINE

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Occult S x500
    Baryon Exotic Plasma S x500
    Meson Exotic Plasma S x500
    Nanite Repair Paste x100
    can you out track em' with a tight orbit? I didn't go full nerds and I honestly can't evaluate tracking anymore since I haven't played in forever.

Its more like a beam confessor that is always in both speed and sharpshooter mode and that also has pulse tracking and spoolup

One of the last actual tq pvp things i've done before doing abyssal faggotry and going inactive was to roam in a Kiki through Fountain

felt pretty dumb tbh

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Kikis are dumb and only tryhard douchebags use them.

Observe

https://zkillboard.com/ship/49710/topalltime/

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

Spacepoor that can't affort a titan spotted!

Is this enough?
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

Spacepoor that can't affort a titan spotted!

Is this enough?
    spread the wealth to me, im spacepoor as fuck

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database