hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: STOMPY ROBOT TIME! (Mechwarrior 5)

Twin AC/20 K2 is the best mech.

This is included in the Microsoft Game Pass for PC. Downloading now, will see if this scratches the MW2:Mercenaries itch.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    This is included in the Microsoft Game Pass for PC. Downloading now, will see if this scratches the MW2:Mercenaries itch.
    Noice ^^

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Stomping around.

I don't know if MS still sells the Game Pass for 3 or if it is now at 12.99, either is worth paying to play this IMHO.

The itch is definitely scratched so far.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Game pass PC is 1 or your local equivalent this month. You'll also get the outer worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Game pass PC is 1 or your local equivalent this month. You'll also get the outer worlds.
    Whattttt awesome!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Eugh. Don't get too carried away with it. Games install in what appears to be an encrypted format in a directory that Windows does its level best from stopping you accessing, so there's no way to tweak or mod games and they load astonishingly slowly.

1 and it's still overpriced

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Eugh. Don't get too carried away with it. Games install in what appears to be an encrypted format in a directory that Windows does its level best from stopping you accessing, so there's no way to tweak or mod games and they load astonishingly slowly.
    I was wondering why shit loaded so slowly. Gears Tactics maps are too small to take so long, but given how little I paid for the game (and several others) I can't really complain.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Yeah I'm considering giving it a whirl for this and Outer Worlds, why not for a measly dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    1 and it's still overpriced
    So I'm a few hours in and can't disagree with this. The core shooty stompy bit is.. alright, but everything around that feels like an afterthought. The starmap is pointless, there's no plot, all the missions are the same and all your enemies just spawn right on top of you.

Glad I only paid 1 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post
    I was wondering why shit loaded so slowly. Gears Tactics maps are too small to take so long, but given how little I paid for the game (and several others) I can't really complain.

This is also entirely down to the developer iirc cause there are games that support mods in there and not all games load slowly at all.

Basically more of this being terrible rly. Shit game is shit and has been since launch with pmuch nothing done since.

It's not really a dev thing. To do mods you need to have some sort of external directory that the game knows to look in, rather than just a ./Mods/ folder like every other game on the planet, solely because MS do not let you into the directory the game is installed in. And then you hope Steam and Origin and Epic and whoever else you need to support allows a similar mechanism that behaves the same way and does the same thing. Even then you'd be solely limited to editing things in that directory - no config file edits or anything like that.

Likewise the slow loading is purely due to loading from that directory - it's not I/O bound.

Plenty of games have had separate mod folders in documents or my games or similar. Config files are also in 99% of cases stored way outside the main dir too. Sure it's not always ideal but come on.

I mean the store is more often than not a shitshow but can we stop with the bollocks.

Anyway, snark aside, what actually brought me here:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-...-design-tweaks

Adding mod support. MW5 is reportedly among them.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 5 2020 at 09:05:07 PM.

First big DLC and Steam&GOG release earlier slated for 10th december postponed for spring 2021 because Cyberpunk scared PGI.

topkeks

more words if anyone gives a shit
    https://mw5mercs.com/news/2020/11/48...l-announcement
    Last edited by RazoR; November 27 2020 at 04:22:38 AM.

https://www.enadglobal7.com/press/121645C48E654694/

TLDR : Bought up by a swedish holding group that owns a fair chunk of A/AA type studios, maybe they're gonna get PGI sorted out ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

TLDR : Bought up by a swedish holding group that owns a fair chunk of A/AA type studios, maybe they're gonna get PGI sorted out ?
    Not much could be worse than whatever shit theyve been doing over the last x years so

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

Not much could be worse than whatever shit theyve been doing over the last x years so
    yep the merest chance that they can take PGI's assets and actually make something good with them has me dreaming, of course that chance is astonishingly small.

I had made it 1/2 way into the campaign and launched the game one day to find no save games any where... just gone. sort of fortunate as it was getting extremely repetitive and stagnant.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.