hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nullsec Local Blackout Incoming During July!

Dambit
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Or do what i did, missions in combat fit Machariel, killed several drop attempts while earning that sweet isk, (just say no to certain high dps missions).

Edit: Obviously u want a second alt for getting in and out of gates.

I have semi-attempted to read through the reddit drivel and would agree that a bump in the isk/hour for null rats/sites seems a sensible tradeoff for the perceived increased risk with no local.
    I'll be curious to see (if CCP is forthcoming) the actual increase/decrease of active accounts logged in and playing as a net result of the changes.

If the changes are permanent with no stupid inclusion of a pay-to-win-reveal-local alliance mechanism I suspect I would not be the only former like-minded player to return.

And if you'll indulge an old fart...getting former ferociously fun hi-skilled scout/FC's excited to play again (I guess the current douchey term is "content creators") might provide an exponential return.

**Edit**I need eye bleach. I foolishly had a look at the official eve forums. Shitshow is a kindness.
    Last edited by RuleOfTheBone; July 18 2019 at 10:40:13 AM.

It'll take way more than a change in local mechanics to make me feel excited to play eve again. I can't imagine it producing enough of a cascade of player behaviour to breath life into playstyles which aren't Rorqual mining or coalition building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    I'll be curious to see (if CCP is forthcoming) the actual increase/decrease of active accounts logged in and playing as a net result of the changes.
    The non-player (allegedly...) accounts sure seem to have stopped.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Period_Basis#npc24

Bears probably took a holiday, same for botters, hunters maybe were little more interested but might soon have gotten bored because the promised ganks, erm good fights didn't happen?

I am a curious shmuck Eve crack ho' and subbed for a month to have a little look around.
    Fuck it....why not.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Resubbed aswell, now trying to figure out what the fuck I'm doing after 5 years of absence.

You and me both after 3 years.
    It was enough to get both accounts loaded and take a quick glimpse at assets while setting something to train.
    At least I have some ISK and fun ships to start out with...no clue if the fits are valid.

While I appear to have been kept in corp the significant assets I had in WH space are most likely toast after Adhocracy got evicted which is a bummer.

I reckon I'll get some of my crap in one spot and then zip around in a covops getting used to dscan and probes again.

weaklings

Eve is.... Alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Eve is.... Alive?
    In a same sense than some heroin addict views a random syringe with some brownish liquid still remaining he found on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Eve is.... Alive?
    In a same sense than some heroin addict views a random syringe with some brownish liquid still remaining he found on the floor.
    Mainlining like a mofo

To be fair each time coming back I have had a good time.
    2006-2012 break 2015-2016 (probably would have kept active but for a PCS to a location with extremely shitty ISP) break 2019-???

For me it comes down to sifting through the dross to find the right group of like-minded folks....if I'm honest local/no local does not make a real difference. My last go round I expanded my repertoire to enjoying group ninja gas huffing and organized Sleeper PVE alongside the usual hunting for ganks and fights. If Adhocracy has died I'll take a couple weeks to find a new crew. Thank goodness I never bought/sold my dudes.

After a weekend back....its actually pretty cool.
    Turns out I had enough stuff stashed to keep me in ships n stuff for a while....and still in the same corp...yay.

Spent half the time consolidating junk between both accounts....and the other half re-acquainting myself with WH life (probe/scan/Pathfinder).

I was pondering the no-local change and after ninja-huffing gas and trying my hand at a couple relic/data sites....the change is a salt-lick of epic proportions:
    -Require some attention to play? Yes.
    -Space is a mystery? Yes.
    -Did the chance of getting my shit pushed in while huffing/hacking make it more entertaining? Yes. I didn't even bother dual boxing one of me as a scout/top cover.

The nullsec pissing and moaning is mostly blowback from years of free lunch finally becoming un-subsidized.
    It would seem to encourage more player interaction for joining protection fleets, scouting, and joint PVE stuff.

One would think for those giant babies with "me and mah 15+ accounts unsub" tossers at least one could scout?

I hope CCP keeps the change.

The blackout is fine but basically useless without a bunch of other changes to core gameplay and ship balance.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    The blackout is fine but basically useless without a bunch of other changes to core gameplay and ship balance.
    Such as?

A quick peek at my fittings shows no major changes since 2016 (biggest one for me is the changes to CS mindlink boosting...still figuring that one out for Skirmish and Armor Claymore and Damnation respectively). Most of my ships just need a minor tweak...some got new slots or CPU removed...nothing heavy.

Still sorting out the player structures. Nothing too crazy there.

Probing is stupid easy now.

The no-local combined with a sensible future balance pass over super-caps seems sensible enough.
    I wouldn't comment on supers as I have never have/would never fly them.

Giving sub caps a meaningful role in combat and power projection at any level.

And giving faction warfare a purpose, what should be a really engaging interface of PvE and PvP with interesting lore and content generation has been completely ignored for years after it was half arsed implemented.

As Keckers rightly points out, capitals (except dreads) are still bonkers overpowered.
    I love Malcanis!

Would it really fix things though?

outside of euro prime time you're still sitting at 20k or less pop. Better skills and F2P didn't stop the decline

Are we really going to have the "if a change doesn't instantly make everything perfect forever then it's useless" argument again?

How about we just don't? Seriously, let's not. I'm old now and I don't feel like it's a good use of my remaining time or anyone else's.
    I love Malcanis!