hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nullsec Local Blackout Incoming During July!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    The big challenge for CCP, I reckon, is making sure they don't blow up the economy in the process.
    Would that be such a bad thing?
    Yes. Not only would it rob the game of one of its most interesting elements, but it would cause production to grind to a halt. T2 and T3 production is based on a massive, interconnected web of resource generation and manufacturing, and no one is going to do that work if they can't profit from it.
    What if other people profit from it? Eg: the ones doing bthe disruption?
    Then I hope no one minds a lack of HACs, Dictors, and T2 mods...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

The big challenge for CCP, I reckon, is making sure they don't blow up the economy in the process.
    Yes. Not only would it rob the game of one of its most interesting elements, but it would cause production to grind to a halt. T2 and T3 production is based on a massive, interconnected web of resource generation and manufacturing, and no one is going to do that work if they can't profit from it.
    Nope, I'll buy em in 1dq
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Have to go back to officer fitting the suicide roam titans.

Ok...now I just read CCP is potentially changing it's stance on warp core stabs

All the jokes regarding GHSC Raven's aside and all the wasted aggro timers thanks to a spread of WCS cheese.....what is happening? No local and now this?

Screw subbing....its the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine ).

What, stabs are the FOTM currently?

no, just hilmar probably tried solo roaming for the first time in 15 years, lost a kill to being terrible and assumed stabs ruined his fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    no, just hilmar probably tried solo roaming for the first time in 15 years, lost a kill to being terrible and assumed stabs ruined his fun.
    Gotta take the wins no matters where they come from.

Have they said what they want to do with stabs?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    mate, not now
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    When were they not?

Back in the good ole days some pewpewcorps would not even take you/kick you if your lossmails showed stab use. Ehonor aside the things gimped the shit out of pewpew fits (GHSC and other evil herded-cat killers excepted) increasing lock time to pointless levels.

In those same old fun days when mission busting in low sec was my favorite pastime and in more modern w-space multiple points on a covops Cheetah/Stiletto (if mucking about in null) and multi-point Arazu generally took care of all but the worst offenders. I learned pretty quick to bump everything .

I have not played since mid-2016 so couldn't say if WCS is FOTM or just normal circumstantial use.

On another note I actually went to download the client again and sub for 3 months to check it out; however, gonna stay on the fence for now until permanence of disappearing local is guaranteed and no retarded null-sec sov-holding malarky module magically re-enables local. It's also summertime, golf course/beach is calling, and Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock among other games has my current attention.

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    When were they not?

Back in the good ole days some pewpewcorps would not even take you/kick you if your lossmails showed stab use. Ehonor aside the things gimped the shit out of pewpew fits (GHSC and other evil herded-cat killers excepted) increasing lock time to pointless levels.

In those same old fun days when mission busting in low sec was my favorite pastime and in more modern w-space multiple points on a covops Cheetah/Stiletto (if mucking about in null) and multi-point Arazu generally took care of all but the worst offenders. I learned pretty quick to bump everything .

I have not played since mid-2016 so couldn't say if WCS is FOTM or just normal circumstantial use.

On another note I actually went to download the client again and sub for 3 months to check it out; however, gonna stay on the fence for now until permanence of disappearing local is guaranteed and no retarded null-sec sov-holding malarky module magically re-enables local. It's also summertime, golf course/beach is calling, and Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock among other games has my current attention.
    I never had a problem in the past with countering WCS I don't know why that ginger pillock is moaning about it now. I'll bet he still thinks Bill Clinton is president of the US.

As regards to the local nerf... well it's another nail in the coffin of my play-style (solo nomad) and as I used to be in NPC null pretty much 99% of the time I pretty much can't do anything atm unless I join some group or another which I really can't be bothered with. I did take a solo BS out the other day into low sec for some old school lulz and got dropped within 3 jumps.... ho hum

The economy has already blown up. Just look how many structures certain groups can drop with little consideration for the economics involved.

The whole point of a market economy is to distribute scarce resources efficiently, if resources aren't scarce you don't need a market system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Stabs were a problem with defensive plexing, but that role has now been taken over by Ventures and their built in bonus. You can always fit 2 scrams to counter and that seems to surprise a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    As regards to the local nerf... well it's another nail in the coffin of my play-style (solo nomad) and as I used to be in NPC null pretty much 99% of the time I pretty much can't do anything atm unless I join some group or another which I really can't be bothered with.
    What do you mean by solo nomad? You can't see them and they cannot see you. You can use the statistics on the map still if what you mean by solo nomad is pvp of some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by RuleOfTheBone View Post
    When were they not?

I never had a problem in the past with countering WCS I don't know why that ginger pillock is moaning about it now. I'll bet he still thinks Bill Clinton is president of the US.

As regards to the local nerf... well it's another nail in the coffin of my play-style (solo nomad) and as I used to be in NPC null pretty much 99% of the time I pretty much can't do anything atm unless I join some group or another which I really can't be bothered with. I did take a solo BS out the other day into low sec for some old school lulz and got dropped within 3 jumps.... ho hum
    What does that have to do with the local nerf? Bait dropping was a thing before.
    I love Malcanis!

If you're running a singular account as I do now then it's a huge nerf to your game, remove yourself from your doomstack and try it out. I did 30 jumps through stain and catch the other night and I saw precisely two ships without a cloak and they were perched waiting to warp in. I guess I could "become the cloak" and act all elite again whilst stroking myself over my killboard stats but I would rather watch paint dry.

This mechanic should have been introduced over a decade ago and subsequent changes would have revolved around "no local", adding this to a game in it's twilight years with a dwindling population is just

We managed this long with local - it's funny watching the devs stroking themselves to the short-term adulation on reddit whilst the PCU count drops off a cliff, they need to make their mind up they either want bots you can kill or bots (and people) that don't bother to log in anymore. They've been playing whac-a-mole for years they should know this already.

The trouble is CCP can't hold more than a single thought between them at any one time. Nullsec blackout is fine, but it isn't going to fix the game.

Until CCP decide how all the different bits of space interact and what gameplay purposes they serve they won't be able to make meaningful game design changes. There needs to be decent gameplay decisions to be made in high sec, low sec, wormhole, NPC null and Sov space with reasons to engage with content in all of them and each allowing different playstyles to flourish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

CCP_Falcon CCP Games 33 points 1 day ago
    We said this was temporary in our messaging, and we said this was a test.
    If people want to get assmad about that, it's on them.
    Personally, I hope that at some point after the test it becomes permanent, with other changes for nullsec local too, but we'll see.

This is precisely why I resisted the temptation to resub (2 paid original accounts....never did plex or whatever...just monthly sub) and have adopted a wait-n-see attitude.
    Standing outside the game watching it sort of lurch around in zombie mode makes me a little sad.

If you're running a singular account as I do now then it's a huge nerf to your game, remove yourself from your doomstack and try it out. I did 30 jumps through stain and catch the other night and I saw precisely two ships without a cloak and they were perched waiting to warp in. I guess I could "become the cloak" and act all elite again whilst stroking myself over my killboard stats but I would rather watch paint dry.

This mechanic should have been introduced over a decade ago and subsequent changes would have revolved around "no local", adding this to a game in it's twilight years with a dwindling population is just

We managed this long with local - it's funny watching the devs stroking themselves to the short-term adulation on reddit whilst the PCU count drops off a cliff, they need to make their mind up they either want bots you can kill or bots (and people) that don't bother to log in anymore. They've been playing whac-a-mole for years they should know this already.
    As a single account person myself you are indeed likely to see cloaked ships a lot more after a local blackout and as I was using my Nemesis it can be a patience game with cloaked ships as always [I didn't catch anything though it was amusing locking that Stratios]. They are the best way to catch people that use d-scan. No-one is realistically going to stay on sit with a Deimos on scan. Its a greater boon for small gang folk in null-sec.

Could you make use of the various mobile structures like the mobile scan inhibitor? And combat recons cannot be seen on d-scan anyway.
    Last edited by Meester; July 17 2019 at 04:25:42 PM.

Get yourself a Force recon and enjoy that Dscan immunity.
    I love Malcanis!

*Combat. Force recons are the covert ones.