hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nullsec Local Blackout Incoming During July!

Nullsec Local Blackout Incoming During July!

https://www.eveonline.com/article/pu...ng-during-july

As reported in The Scope earlier today, over the coming days we’ll be changing the way local chat works.

This change will affect the whole of nullsec space.

Local chat in all nullsec space will be switched over to delayed mode. This means that it will behave as local chat in wormhole space, with pilots only appearing in the local population listing should they choose to post messages.

Obviously, this will cause a substantial change to the dynamics of nullsec, so we want to inform the community before we begin.

The duration of this blackout is undetermined, and we’ll be monitoring what effect this has on the cluster.

We will give at least 48 hours of notice before initiating the blackout so pilots can make the necessary preparations.

It will be glorious...
    All the tears are delightful

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

I strongly advise you to watch the meta show tomorrow, or at least the first 10-15 minutes. I expect it to be richly entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Holy shit.

They're doing it the madmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I strongly advise you to watch the meta show tomorrow, or at least the first 10-15 minutes. I expect it to be richly entertaining.
    Omg, I forgot all about that. Its gonna be epic for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Holy shit.

My reaction when I read the confirmation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4
    I love Malcanis!

Holy shit.

My reaction when I read the confirmation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFSK0ogeg4
    Hahahahaha!

Only about 5 years too late. Man this game would have been good with some core mechanics tweaks/changes a few years ago.

Holy shit.

Hahahahaha!

Only about 5 years too late. Man this game would have been good with some core mechanics tweaks/changes a few years ago.
    Yep, and maybe if it wasn't in the middle of fishing season

Quote Originally Posted by gibson banjer View Post
    Holy shit.

Hahahahaha!

Yep, and maybe if it wasn't in the middle of fishing season
    Oh, it's fishing season for sure.

Holy shit.

Hahahahaha!

v0v the past is the past, and tbh I've had a lot of good times in those 5 years. Frankly I have no idea if this will end well or terribly, but I am extremely entertained by this new "no fucks given" CCP.

As it is, the sov game has been thoroughly won by the Imperium, no two ways about it. CCP can't outright say so, but come on, it's a fact. So a 'soft reset' with new and more difficult victory conditions is a necessary thing. At minimum it'll shake things up for a while and offer up some crisis opportunities to other groups prepared to be alert and opportunistic.
    I love Malcanis!

Frankly I have no idea if this will end well or terribly, but I am extremely entertained by this new "no fucks given" CCP.
    And make no mistake: this is all incredibly ballsy. They're basically using the live cluster for game-wide A/B testing. It can be very rewarding by helping them discover things that would never come up (or could never be proven) in theory crafting or small-scale testing. But it's also very risky by changing the rules on the players, who may not want to stick around to be test subjects.

I have no idea where this is going to go, but it will be interesting to see what the full scale of CCP's plans are, and what ultimately results from them. Save EVE, kill EVE, and everything between is on the table.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

On it's previous course, EVE was going to be dead within a year or two anyway. These changes might hasten that a few months, or they might extend it a lot.
    I love Malcanis!

I don't know if I'd be so pessimistic to say a year or two, but clearly the political situation has grown stale and botting was getting worse (or at least more blatant). CCP probably could fix things more gradually. but that also means the rewards from doing so would be more gradual as well.

The big challenge for CCP, I reckon, is making sure they don't blow up the economy in the process. They've been adrift here since losing Dr. Eyjó.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    I don't know if I'd be so pessimistic to say a year or two, but clearly the political situation has grown stale and botting was getting worse (or at least more blatant). CCP probably could fix things more gradually. but that also means the rewards from doing so would be more gradual as well.

The big challenge for CCP, I reckon, is making sure they don't blow up the economy in the process. They've been adrift here since losing Dr. Eyjó.
    "blowing it up" in the sense of a catastrophic crash would be OK. The ongoing torrent of mudflation not so much.
    I love Malcanis!

Holy shit.

Hahahahaha!

Tbh its still good, and has been the entire time. Now it just became insanly much better.

"blowing it up" in the sense of a catastrophic crash would be OK. The ongoing torrent of mudflation not so much.
    The beating heart of EVE is its economy. Wreck it, and the game will come crashing down around it.

Icelandics and economics lol.

The beating heart of EVE is its economy. Wreck it, and the game will come crashing down around it.
    Things that would be terrible in real life are not necessarily terrible in an mmo
    I love Malcanis!

Are you saying Goons are too big to fail?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Holy shit.

now do highsec
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...