hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket (does anyone understand it?) thread - ashes HYPE edition.

England's fielding is just unreal. Even without that catch some of the stops they made in the ring were amazing, really backing up the bowlers with the effort they put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Marker well and truly down.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Oh dear Pakistan.

Not the greatest start to their campaign.

West Indies are definitely a team to watch in this tournament though.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Hopefully, for them at least, The Universe Boss can hold together, it sounds like one solid push and he'll fall apart at the seams!

He's definitely topping most lists of the most entertaining cricketers for this world cup. It would be a real shame for him to miss any matches at all. Hopefully the physios and doctors can patch him up.

I was a fan of the WI bowling tactics. Old fashioned, aggressive short pitched bowling still has a place in the game after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Fairly deep, JP Duminy has scored plenty of 50s.

That was weird, SA seem to have glued the bails on.
    Zing bails are about twice the weight of traditional bails and take more to dislodge them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

Zing bails are about twice the weight of traditional bails and take more to dislodge them.
    I'm surprised the laws of cricket don't specify weight for the bails!

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post

I'm surprised the laws of cricket don't specify weight for the bails!
    There probably is a maximum but it will be quite heavy as you need heavy bails for when it's windy.

Also they are shiny and exciting so it's fine regardless because the ECB is trying to deal with the massive drop in cricket players in the country in any way which doesn't involve changing their TV revenue.
    Last edited by Siv; May 31 2019 at 04:03:45 PM.

I don't think I've come across heavier bails, would have saved the wicket keeper having to replace them after the odd gust in the few windy games I've played in.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    This could have just been pm's

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

From listening to a couple of hammerings over the last 2 days is sounds like short, fast, aggressive bowling is going to the thing this WC.

Also they are shiny and exciting so it's fine regardless because the ECB is trying to deal with the massive drop in cricket players in the country in any way which doesn't involve changing their TV revenue.
    It's amazing that nobody thinks about paywalling their sport away behind multiple 50/mo services and the long term affects on the grassroots game.
    Though maybe it's the first time it's happened. fuck murdoch (and bt ofc)

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    that was the dullest CL final i can remember watching in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    From listening to a couple of hammerings over the last 2 days is sounds like short, fast, aggressive bowling is going to the thing this WC.

It's amazing that nobody thinks about paywalling their sport away behind multiple 50/mo services and the long term affects on the grassroots game.
    Nah fuck the ecb, all completely out of touch with the game

Rugby's going the same way, and F1, and, well, everything that gets Sky's money.

Nah fuck the ecb, all completely out of touch with the game
    Yup, number of players halved in the decade since it was on TV. Whats the issue? 20:20 takes to too long and we need the abomination that is the hundred.
    Last edited by Siv; June 3 2019 at 12:57:42 PM.

I think we are going to see how good this England batting line up is now, they've been poor in the field today.

I can't wait to see Pakistan top that poor performance in the field.

Not a great day of cricket for Roy

Old people like me get confused and nervous around an English cricket team going well.
    What we need is an old school top-order collapse saved by the middle order, giving me enough fear i don't even have the wireless on....

Old people like me get confused and nervous around an English cricket team going well.
    Nice calm day today then