hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: Cricket (does anyone understand it?) thread - ashes HYPE edition.

Tom Harrison has resigned as chief executive of the ECB. I'm sure they'll find another cash chasing chinless wonder from the private school classes to follow his shambolic reign.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Tom Harrison has resigned as chief executive of the ECB. I'm sure they'll find another cash chasing chinless wonder from the private school classes to follow his shambolic reign.
    He certainly won't be missed, struggling to think of anything he got right.

Some cricket has ended up on terrestrial TV. That seems to be a minor win I guess.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Some cricket has ended up on terrestrial TV. That seems to be a minor win I guess.
    I don't know if we can call the hundred cricket?

notbad.jpg (so far)

With cloudy weather all day, do ENG bat until lunch to try to get their nose ahead, then put NZ in and try to bowl them our cheaply?
    It sounds like a fun way to go about things in this "New Era(tm)"
    technology canít solve economic and political problems

Or they'll just collapse and we'll have to hope the bowlers can bail them out

I wouldn't call that a collapse, quite, more of a controlled self-destruction
    Root and Foakes could have played that as cool as they wanted, but there would have been an active choice to go at them then have a bowl this afternoon.

Tomorrow could be an excellent day of test cricket

I am Jack's morbid sense of fascination.

Sure, it's doable, they are 2 frontline bowlers down.

oh and ther goes Crawley. ffs.

ninja-edit:

What did he have for tea ?
    Last edited by Itiken; June 14 2022 at 07:46:33 PM.

Well, that was an excellent day of cricket

Olli Pope has really cemented his place as an opening batsman which is neat. Him and Lees will do us well.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Olli Pope has really cemented his place as an opening batsman which is neat. Him and Lees will do us well.
    I thought Pope was a number 4 batter for Surrey, who was promoted to number 3 for England, this series. Zak Crawley isn't really working as an opener, but I don't think we should play a successful number 3/4 as an opener.

Crawley got out to a couple of good balls, I hope England will stick with him because there's definitely something there to work with.

Classic "following England on a 4th order run chase" cricket vibes this afternoon.
    I am really rather nervous of opening the score.
    We could do with a decent team effort rather than 1 or 2 heroics.... but India are a really good team.

edit: Checks:
    58/0 in 10 overs what the fuck - Did they forget there is a 5th day ?
    Last edited by Itiken; July 4 2022 at 01:39:18 PM.

Crawley got out to a couple of good balls, I hope England will stick with him because there's definitely something there to work with.
    He needs to learn that if you are opening your job is to stay in for the first 25 overs and not nick off by driving at everything outside off.

Went to the hundred last night. As a format it doesn't have anything that T20 is missing (except terrestrial TV coverage). Good evening out, decent pajama cricket, bit of a sore head this morning. Think I ended up on telly looking like a wally. Jason Roy has totally lost it.

Sounds Brill.