hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: Cricket (does anyone understand it?) thread - ashes HYPE edition.

is The Hundred cricket's version of Blernsball?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    is The Hundred cricket's version of Blernsball?
    No, people liked Blernsball.

What an incredible turnaround. Really positive, agressive attackign bowling followed up by sensible measured batting.
    Well done England.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    What an incredible turnaround. Really positive, agressive attackign bowling followed up by sensible measured batting.
    Well done England.
    Yes we bowled well and India had a shocker. I'm glad we've turned around an abject performance but don't think all of our issues are solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Well done England.
    Yes we bowled well and India had a shocker. I'm glad we've turned around an abject performance but don't think all of our issues are solved.
    Yeah i don't think they are solved, but it's nice to see some runs being scored for once.

I rate Burns. He needs a relatively agressive partner to score with, but gets my vote.
    Robinson can go a long way, if he can avoid being a total chad/wanker and being droped (lol woke!).
    I'm still not convinced by Curran, but he does have a way with TailEnders which is useful (IDK guess?)
    All in it was a classic "welcome to english condidions" bowling spell.

We will know much more by tomorrow lunch. Ideally we declare at 600-4 at tea on day 3, but India are better than this so it's very much:

Game On

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    can someone explain the hundred to me like i'm a moron (i am) - put it in football terms? Saw it got a bunch of cricket fans on the BBC worked up for being crap...

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    can someone explain the hundred to me like i'm a moron (i am) - put it in football terms? Saw it got a bunch of cricket fans on the BBC worked up for being crap...
    It's like cricket, but metric. or something.
    IDK.

This can be an absolutely delicious final day of test Cricket.
    I think that if any England lineup has the depth and power to do it, we have it there, ready to go.
    But, do they have the mental strength? i'm (foolishly) optimistic, but that's a default mindset for 40y/o cricket fans.

If they had Stokes in the team I'd 100% back them. There's going to be a chance tomorrow for someone else to step up and prove they can also deliver a historic performance like he did at headingley. It could be spectacular.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    If they had Stokes in the team I'd 100% back them. There's going to be a chance tomorrow for someone else to step up and prove they can also deliver a historic performance like he did at headingley. It could be spectacular.
    India can always set an 8-1 offside field and bowl 3 foot wide Yorkers legally to dry up runs, best I can see is a draw.

What an incredible spell of bowling from India.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What an incredible spell of bowling from India.
    Vaughan outdid himself with his comment 'Hameed getting out has really increased England's chances of winning'. Yes and losing you Muppet.

Hameed got out trying to force runs for a victory that was never there, brainless cricket from England.

Final test cancelled because Indian players are a bit tired and want to get back early to play IPL. ECB should take them to court.