hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imperator: Rome (SP/MP) 19:00 CET May 12

First weekend of May afaik. Do we have a firm count on who can make Saturday/Sunday?

Roll call bois

As said before I can usually make Sat or Sun.
    Last edited by Elriche Oshego; April 26 2019 at 07:28:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    First weekend of May afaik. Do we have a firm count on who can make Saturday/Sunday?

Roll call bois
    If I won't be away from city (long weekend in polskiland) I'll be sure to join. I'll grab whatever.

I will attend, I'll take whatever, I still have to play it this weekend to try and get used to what I assume is a mishmash of games they've had before, on top of some truly broken shit, but I'm hype anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Just got it.

Definitely going to go for Armenia in MP I think... pretty sure I staked that out back on page one?

Also, when are we playing this? Has it superceded the HoI game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Oh my.

When you order your people to migrate, they appear on the map as actual army.

An army that you can kill.

You can kill a whole tribe this way.

OH BOY.
    Something something Caesar’s Commentary on the Gallic Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I will attend, I'll take whatever, I still have to play it this weekend to try and get used to what I assume is a mishmash of games they've had before, on top of some truly broken shit, but I'm hype anyways.
    First aradox: thing I’ve noted is that a unit made up entirely of cavalry still shows a legionarie for its in-game model, and the army icon doesn’t provide info about army composition.

I'm good for Sunday 5 May. Prefer Macedon but can go with anything, the first couple games will probably be shit shows anyways.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

As mentioned before, I'm good for sunday. I appear to suck at this game though. More practice required.

I really hate that it lets you click “okay” on the peace screen before you actually select peace demands... sieged down three forts and a ton of provinces, go to annex territory, derpy mouse clicks on okay... war’s over, nothing gained.

Derp.

I really hate that it lets you click “okay” on the peace screen before you actually select peace demands... sieged down three forts and a ton of provinces, go to annex territory, derpy mouse clicks on okay... war’s over, nothing gained.

Derp.
    There are a "few" bugs to iron out.

Played Athens. Suddenly 40 years in the screen frezes for a sec then sends me to the "you lost" screen. Apparently there is no warning your overlord is integrating you (bad casus berli to break free, but was convenient not to).

To be fair I was able to immediately dec on a city-state my target was guaranteeing. Lost a bunch of stability though... ended up with the city state and three of the five provinces I’d originally conquered.

To be fair I was able to immediately dec on a city-state my target was guaranteeing. Lost a bunch of stability though... ended up with the city state and three of the five provinces I’d originally conquered.
    Yeah its kind of annoying that any war that calls in someone that has a truce with you counts as truce breaking. There's quite a bit of weird stuff; if you go to war with rebels, don't go for a total victory because odds are pretty high that it will cause the rebellion to fail and your war to just poof. Never got the event that gives you CB on the whole Italian peninsula. The rules around getting feudatories/client states are kinda weird. When you get the establish border fort tech, You can't establish one in a city that falls in the zone of influence of a fortress, but there isn't anything in the game to state this, figured that out accidentally. Also quite annoying that you cannot move pops outside of their current province, All of Latium is filled with grainerys and still having starvation. Also really odd that there is no music when you launch the game for some reason.

Gripes aside, I am enjoying the shit out of the game.

Edit: further gripes, building roads is a ball ache since you can only do it one move at a time. And it's really furstrating that navies will automatically combine, would like to have several transptort fleets to move multiple armies, but they always combine into one useless mega fleet
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; April 29 2019 at 01:57:49 AM.

For MP, I shall fail around as Brigantia.

I still have no idea what I'm doing, its great. Every other PDX game I've gotten whats going on pretty early, but this one just no. Its an interesting experience (also fuck roads)

So, I've been messing around with it, I haven't actually started a serious play yet as I'm waiting to see if an actual meta develops first but I had an idea, I heard one of the germanics starts with boats and I was thinking of going migratory and then just piecing strait out of europe for proto saxon migration. I figure if ireland or scottland has the appropriate resources you could do something intresting abusing the migration mechanics.

Edit: I think I may have broken the game already, the migratory tribe mechanics are very abusable.
    Last edited by DevilDude; May 1 2019 at 08:17:14 PM.

So for MP will we be playing with the gender roles toggle turned on?

Messed around a bit with this. Pro: gives you a lot more characters (lol @ putting a 19 year old girl with 11 military in charge of a field army), avoids that CK2 vibe where female characters are only useful for marriage. Con: twice as many people to keep happy; might make dynastic management a bit more complicated, since I’m not sure how/if it handles matrilineal marriages.

It’s 100 oratory to enable if you start a game with the toggle, and it can be rescinded for another 100 oratory.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; May 2 2019 at 01:41:54 PM.

Most of the Iberian cultures have it on by default.

By Iberia you mean the Iberian peninsula, not the local power of Iberia, right?

Yeah, ofc.

Oh wow

So many broken things after this so called "hot fix". Peace deals are fucked (cant chose certain options, but if i press "sugested" it can be picked...), i Had a enemy give up and give me all territory when i hadn´t yet signed down a city and he had a 40% larger army.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Oh wow

So many broken things after this so called "hot fix". Peace deals are fucked (cant chose certain options, but if i press "sugested" it can be picked...), i Had a enemy give up and give me all territory when i hadn´t yet signed down a city and he had a 40% larger army.
    The France tactic.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Oh wow

The France tactic.
    Reviews on steam is now 60% negative.