hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX, The Rise of Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    That's just Rey walking into a cave fighting an evil enemy who turns out to be herself in a totally new Star Wars story move.
    oh oh oh

Or Rey is just one of a load of clones created by Daddy Palps after he saw how win the clone troopers were? and wanted a force user equiv that used vader DNA and inbuilt amazeballs skill without the need for training?

I wouldnt put it past Disney at this point
    That totally happened
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Qui Gon Jinn wakes up and it was all a dream
    The real treasure was the younglings we killed along the way.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    if its just a vison ill be disapointed, the clone option is good its "new" but fits in the lore and would be a brilliant ending to her story.

I want to see who loses an arm/hand as there’s been one lost in every trilogy so far
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Pirate View Post
    I want to see who loses an arm/hand as there’s been one lost in every trilogy so far
    ceethreepeeohh got there already

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Thought he had the red arm already when we first saw him in TFA. I just want to see someone lose a limb to a lightsaber
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Thought he had the red arm already when we first saw him in TFA. I just want to see someone lose a limb to a lightsaber
    Why not a head?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Bleep

Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Bleep

That sounded very emperorish
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

John Williams worked for his money, thats for sure.

Riding horses on top of star destroyers?

Bad feelings I have.

mmmmmmmmm

calling it now that in 5 years time the "sequel trilogy" will be spoken about in the same way that we speak about the prequel trilogy today

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Bad feelings I have.
    That was the thing that stuck with me too. I have no illusions, its going to suck (there will be some shots of magnificence as usual). And I will be left, again, wondering how you can destroy/screw up something that has so much potential and story. Hubris?

The off-shoots made by people with passion are, if not great, at least quite enjoyable. Maybe we'll find salvation in the Mandodidrillo series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Well that doesn't look very good at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

Bad feelings I have.
    That was the thing that stuck with me too. I have no illusions, its going to suck (there will be some shots of magnificence as usual). And I will be left, again, wondering how you can destroy/screw up something that has so much potential and story. Hubris?

The off-shoots made by people with passion are, if not great, at least quite enjoyable. Maybe we'll find salvation in the Mandodidrillo series.
    This movie will be JJ Abrams in full damage control mode after the clusterfuck left by Rian Johnson.

How did they go from having objectively good, post-original trilogy source material, to squeezing out high pressure mulch diarrhea. Thrawn was well written and consistent. Instead we got totally inexplicable space nazis that built ultra star detroyers and ultra death stars out of a collapsed empire only to turn it around and conclude with none of it fucken mattered anywho because the big bad guy that already had a good conclusion wasn't actually dead and was pulling the strings the whole time, story.

jfc

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

Bad feelings I have.

This movie will be JJ Abrams in full damage control mode after the clusterfuck left by Rian Johnson.
    To be fair, JJ Abrams really set the ball rolling (empire 2.0, ultra deathstar, hiding luke and vadar wanna be)

Quote Originally Posted by Thukker View Post
    How did they go from having objectively good, post-original trilogy source material, to squeezing out high pressure mulch diarrhea. Thrawn was well written and consistent. Instead we got totally inexplicable space nazis that built ultra star detroyers and ultra death stars out of a collapsed empire only to turn it around and conclude with none of it fucken mattered anywho because the big bad guy that already had a good conclusion wasn't actually dead and was pulling the strings the whole time, story.

jfc
    The Hollywood rule, Sequels MUST have bigger and better things.

I like the trailer except for the space ponies, the rebel space traffic jam and the Lando bits. But then I overall also liked Episode VIII so there's that to factor in.