hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 142122232425 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX, The Rise of Skywalker

Ha, I managed a full hour!

Sobad

MI8m8

Making the han solo movie without Harrison ford is just

I still can't understand why do people like R1 so much. To me it seemed like watching someone play a game with all the elements I hate in games:
    - cutscenes where somehow the character's power / capabilities jump hundredfold (for example when the guy with the minigun first rescues the team from the storm troopers vs how he's mostly useless later)
    - stupid minigames, that make no sense within the universe (like using those arms to retrieve the data disc)
    - QTE's (what happened after they have failed with the arms minigame)
    - quests, that involve just running back and forth just to flip a switch (many of those, the worts one I think was the one when they had to run to the antenna to manually aim it)
    - holding a position (and winning) just for the counter to run down and suddenly the enemies remember how to fight plus indestructible cover, that becomes useless just after the timer has finished

Like the only things missing where lootboxes and microtransactions.

As for the new trilogy - haven't seen the RoS yet, but the other two seem to try to replicate the original trilogy too much, while pretending they're not the original trilogy, by making the characters do really stupid things just so they end up in the same situation we had in the original trilogy (like the whole plan to get assaulted in a bunker on a planet covered with white stuff - but it's salt this time, just so they can use those speeders or whatever thery were to defend - totally not like Luke way back)
    Last edited by Zibu; January 6 2020 at 09:28:40 AM.

Lack of imagination is easily the most valid criticism of Disney's attempt at Star Wars.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I saw TROS yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Hyperspace skipping through planet atmospheres is moronic and Carrie Fisher's scenes seemed a bit off, but it was still very good.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I saw TROS yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Hyperspace skipping through planet atmospheres is moronic and Carrie Fisher's scenes seemed a bit off, but it was still very good.
    Just watched it now.
    I agree.
    They pretty much seem to have listened to and ticked of every major critisism point from TLJ.
    I' went in expecting another dissapointment but ended up realy liking what I saw.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar

Minor spoilers:
    Last edited by Nordstern; January 14 2020 at 01:46:15 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Saw star wars the rise of skywalker and man that title was not what i expected. The previous movie was so depressing in a episode 5 or 3 kind of way so my expectations where low. But the movie really blew me away and Rey felt way more like a jedi this time with her rushing off on her practises or sidequests after hearing things. And the final part was super epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    And the final part was super epic.
    Which final part, the final part where Lando flies to the galaxy where all the Rebels were all along and brings back a whole fleet through the super secret Sith wayfinder path that previously no one could fly through in order to save the day fighting the thousand death star destroyers Palpy summoned out of rocks? Or the final part where the thousand death star destroyers can't fly STRAIGHT UP without one radar dish on the ground, or I guess the other one radar dish on the main ship, so Finn rides a horse to go blow up the other one radar dish because if they used speeders those could be jammed somehow in a way we've never seen? Or the final part where Palpy does the thing where he shoots lightning at a lightsaber again because after doing that melted his face he figured he just needed to try harder maybe, and Rey blocks it but she can't turn it back on him until she gets Two Lightsabers and also goes into the Avatar state to commune with all the past Avatars and that blows up Palpy and also however many hundred (thousand?) people in robes who also live on that planet and came to watch him do a creative interpretation of the throne room scene from Return of the Jedi?

I mean, compared with the original movie where we just have our heroes blow up the thing and save the day, I guess this is epic. If that's what epic means these days?
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    the thousand death star destroyers Palpy copy pasted out of rocks
    They could at least have changed them a bit after the copy pasta, turned them...
    My solo pvp video: Yankunytjude... That attitude!
    Solo/small gang proposal: Ship Velocity Vectors

The star forge is a thing. I was hoping they would reference that.

The fleet of "just people" was dumb as rocks.

I was thinking "oh this must be the actual new republic navy now that they know palatine is back. Surely they will.....no"

The whole premise of this new trilogy doesn't make any sense.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    you post loads about being a fan of my little pony so your opinion on anything is invalid

It's Throwback Tuesday! Let's reminisce with one of the greatest light sabre fight sequences like ever:

Just one of the many amazing bits in The Last Jedi, the best film in the new Star Wars trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    It's Throwback Tuesday! Let's reminisce with one of the greatest light sabre fight sequences like ever:

Just one of the many amazing bits in The Last Jedi, the best film in the new Star Wars trilogy!
    Easily my favourite light sabre fight in the whole franchise.

what the fuck is this shit

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    what the fuck is this shit

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

So many moments of "I will wait my turn to attack" and "I will do random spins for no reason" that most multi enemy melee fights in film seem to suffer from though.

Rey kicks one dude and all 3 spin off at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

So many moments of "I will wait my turn to attack" and "I will do random spins for no reason" that most multi enemy melee fights in film seem to suffer from though.

Rey kicks one dude and all 3 spin off at one point.
    My favorite fight is and always will be Vader vs Luke on the Deathstar.
    The set, the light, music, the acting. All of it is perfect.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Hey guys what's your favourite star wars "may the force be with you" scene? So many great ones to chose from id like to read your opinions on these seminal movie moments

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Hey guys what's your favourite star wars "may the force be with you" scene? So many great ones to chose from id like to read your opinions on these seminal movie moments
    0/10

You fanny. Go back to your woodland hobo twig house and think about what youve done.