hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX, The Rise of Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

Really hope Rian Johnson gets to do his own trilogy.
    He wont because the great unwashed hated his efforts with TLJ.
    Was really TLJ that bad?
    I cant recall thinking it was bad really, not that i ever thought it was a great movie either.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post

Was really TLJ that bad?
    I cant recall thinking it was bad really, not that i ever thought it was a great movie either.
    No but starwars "fans" ( read turbo morons) were very vocal about hating it online.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post

Was really TLJ that bad?
    No but starwars "fans" ( read turbo morons) were very vocal about hating it online.

heRE iS my TeN pOinT thEsiS on whY feMINisM rUinED sTAr wArs

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    In attempt to elevate status of opinion piece, author tries to use big word and fails miserably.
    HAH, I'd never even noticed that particular fuckup, even though there are other typos that I did. Anyroad, if you can write 16,000 word opinion pieces without getting anything autocorrected the wrong way then good for you, occasional typos aren't an indication of an argument's strength or weakness.

Also today I learned that "elicit" is a big word for some people. I would never have guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    People are really worked up over star wars it seems
    Do not question product, only consume product.
    I'm just really failing to understand what is gained by people making multi hour video breakdowns over a bad kids movie
    The sort of first prototype for this kind of video criticism is genuinely entertaining and insightful, though sadly the creators have never really managed to produce something that good ever since. And of course these days it's a whole industry, so the ones that are popular are making real money doing it which is the only reason that anything needs to exist in our capitalist utopia ~
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    In attempt to elevate status of opinion piece, author tries to use big word and fails miserably.
    HAH, I'd never even noticed that particular fuckup, even though there are other typos that I did. Anyroad, if you can write 16,000 word opinion pieces without getting anything autocorrected the wrong way then good for you, occasional typos aren't an indication of an argument's strength or weakness.

Also today I learned that "elicit" is a big word for some people. I would never have guessed.
    Ignoring the fact that you never even noticed that particular fuck-up twice, that article reads like it should be featured on r/iamverysmart. Misuse of big words is the least of its problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post

Though as much as I like the tone of the mandolorian, the entire thing wreeks of a franchise to afraid to step outside of its own asshole.
    Well it is Disney isnt it. Risk averse when it comes to profit generation / anything that might effect stocks.

Didnt they rework Rogue One quite heavily because they felt it was too dark or something?
    Au contraire, the original ending was the happy go lucky one if I recall correctly. The director told Kathleen Kennedy what he really wanted and she gave it the go ahead.

Iirc ofc.
    There was a version that was more war movie where Jyn had agency and Saw had something to do.

They butchered the edit and a lot of the last third of the film is reshoots.

Loads of scenes from the first trailer are either not in the film or totally different.

Rogue One would probably have been a better film is they had just let Gareth Edwards do that he wanted in the first place.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Went to see this shit movie with my son.
    Son was happy so thats a big +.

I like the universe/franchise and i will say this is the worst starwars movie to date, omfg the script is so terrible i dont know where to begin.
    There is a potentially good story benenth it all with Rey/Ben that is both interesting and a bit "scary/interesting" but they fuck it up so bad at everyturn. And all the side characters is so unbelievably shit and flat it hurts.

And for the love of god stop showing old fucks that should be dead on screen for no reason, not to mention stealing scenes from 4,5,6 for no fucking reason whatsoever.

100% cash grab movie, im of to Jeremy Jahns to see if he may have found some redeeming factors in this mess, but im hoping he rates this like the "dogshit" it is.

ree TLJ bad (it is)

The Mandolorian is good though. Finale is tomorrow.

Maybe a fat guy who does cooking shows is just what Star Wars needs calling the shots from now on.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

100% cash grab movie, im of to Jeremy Jahns to see if he may have found some redeeming factors in this mess, but im hoping he rates this like the "dogshit" it is.
    See this is the problem, make your own mind up

Sent from my butt phone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

What happened to multitude of opinions?

Hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Yes, but also don't want to give money to Disney to make my mind up. Your options are watch it and pay Disney and they don't care what you think, pirate it, or don't see it in the first place. I went with option 3, but then you can't complain as much about the movie being bad without having seen it, so then you can go option 2 to get an informed opinion.

I am fine with piracy but if you want to be ethical (lol) you have to find reviewers whose views align close enough with yourself that you get an informed opinion that will end up being close to your own.

Rey is a Mary Sue, le Captain Marvel scene with force ghosts has arrived.

Mandolorian is over, it was good but not truly great. Didn't go far enough with the western themes and I didn't really feel myself caring about any of the characters very much. Pedro Pascal did his best but it's hard to act behind a helmet.

spoiler thoughts
      Spoiler:
    Was disappointed Bill Burr was an antagonist character. Mando really needs a sidekick that isn't Baby Yoda. Also disappointed that Werner Herzog got killed by Moff Gus Fring who ends up being the real baddie and possesses the Darksaber.

Also the whole "this is the way" thing about the Mandalorian helmet was made up for this show (so I guess it's canon now), Mandalorians in Rebels were seen without helmets and the Darksaber is featured heavily in that series. Really don't know why they chose to have Pascal behind a helmet the entire series except for one brief moment.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; December 27 2019 at 11:15:54 PM.

Luke Skywalker is a Mary Sue and yet nobody ever gets upset about that.

Lot of people telling on themselves in this thread.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

Lot of people telling on themselves in this thread.
    Well he was also a whiny brat who failed as much as he succeeded and threw away his lightsaber in his final redemptive act of the original trilogy, but people got upset when TLJ depicted him as a whiny brat who failed as much as he succeeded and threw away his lightsaber at the beginning of his final redemptive act in the sequel trilogy so ~ ~ ~

Nostalgia is a powerful force, but you can only go to the same well so many times.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Mandolorian is over, it was good but not truly great. Didn't go far enough with the western themes and I didn't really feel myself caring about any of the characters very much. Pedro Pascal did his best but it's hard to act behind a helmet.

spoiler thoughts
      Spoiler:
    Was disappointed Bill Burr was an antagonist character. Mando really needs a sidekick that isn't Baby Yoda. Also disappointed that Werner Herzog got killed by Moff Gus Fring who ends up being the real baddie and possesses the Darksaber.

Also the whole "this is the way" thing about the Mandalorian helmet was made up for this show (so I guess it's canon now), Mandalorians in Rebels were seen without helmets and the Darksaber is featured heavily in that series. Really don't know why they chose to have Pascal behind a helmet the entire series except for one brief moment.
    Because then he would have to actually be there and act. It's cheaper to pay him for one scene and have some crew member in the rest followed by few days in sound booth.

My take away from the Rise of Skywalker: Rey didn't just kill all the Sith, but the Sith women and Sith children too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    That's not why these films are bad, though. Building a defensive strawman where all the criticism must be because of misogynistic basement dwellers is not helping your cause and is a major reason why Star Wars fans, on both sides, need to shut the fuck up. No, you are not some profound influence on popular culture and the only reason you are this loud is because there's a huge overlap with the demographic of nerds on the internet.

Disney dropped the ball on the sequel trilogy by not having someone take responsibility for the overall arch across the three films. Letting two directors squabble over plot points on-screen is not going to go down well with the audience and has left us with this mess. I think they said it in the RLM review, but in a few years they will use Star Wars vs Marvel as an example of franchise building in film school.

Chewie should have stayed dead

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it