hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 176 12341151101 ... LastLast

Thread: GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

welcome to the NFL thread

SUCK IT TEBOW

SO football is back, and with it comes a flurry of free agent signings. Most notably for me as a New England Patriots fan:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/ta...ed-to-patriots

That's right, Albert Haynesworth, one of the best Defensive Ends in the league, traded from the Redskins to the Pats for a fifth-round draft pick in 2013. As a disgruntled Philly radio host said: "The cup of coffee in my hand is worth more than that draft pick."

I fucking love the Patriots front office
    Last edited by Reed Tiburon; December 22 2012 at 09:48:32 AM.
    FourFiftyFour > reed i enjoy your trolling on shc immensly

To be fair, the Pats also have to take over Haynesworth's massive contract.

nobody cares about sissy rugby.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so much this.

the thing that gets me about nfl is there is like 60 (?) mins of game play and it takes ~ 3 hours to watch

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

"American Football" is in the title so that you Eurofags are well aware of what the thread contains and what it's about.

If you are such a lonely mouthbreather that you need to come in here and herf blerf about rugby, or whatever caveman mating ritual you prefer, kindly go set your kidneys on fire.

On topic:
    Green Bay fan, but living in Vikings territory, so the talk here is about McNabb to Minnesota and Tavaris Jackson to who the hell cares. Both are terrible and the false hope the Vikings fans try to generate every fall makes me smile with glee.

aka Mitix

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Tiburon View Post
    "The cup of coffee in my hand is worth more than that draft pick."

I fucking love the Patriots front office
    Tom Brady was a sixth round pick... but it is the redskins front office, and we all know they suck, so meh. As a Jets fan I went oh shit when I heard about the trade. And dont the Pats run a 3-4 defense as well so wont he just complain there too?

Quote Originally Posted by 50freefly View Post
    To be fair, the Pats also have to take over Haynesworth's massive contract.
    What I'm reading is that they'll be paying $5.4m this year. Redskins ate most of his contract. Not that terrible
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-to-patriots

Quote Originally Posted by rojomojo915 View Post
    Tom Brady was a sixth round pick... but it is the redskins front office, and we all know they suck, so meh. As a Jets fan I went oh shit when I heard about the trade. And dont the Pats run a 3-4 defense as well so wont he just complain there too?
    Yes he will, but actually no he won't, the Redskins wanted him to be nose tackle but the Pats already have a nose tackle and run more of a modified 3-4 anyways (with a down linebacker) so he'll be lining up just outside of the guard just like a 4-3.

"American Football" is in the title so that you Eurofags are well aware of what the thread contains and what it's about.

If you are such a lonely mouthbreather that you need to come in here and herf blerf about rugby, or whatever caveman mating ritual you prefer, kindly go set your kidneys on fire.
    QFT.

still, why does it take so long to watch?

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    Because it takes people without ADD to handle so much concentrated awesomeness.

Also... E A G L E S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!

:trollface:

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    Time outs, challenges, and the amount of time between each play. Unlike soccer, if there was a bad play and those failures you call referrees miss it, the other side can challenge and the play is reviewed. A ruling is made or some such. The same goes for other various fouls. I'm honestly surprised they haven't started doing this in soccer. I've watched the guys almost dribble the ball down their legs or seriously fake a foul and yet it's still played. Think it was two years ago on SHC that someone had an avatar with the lamest highlights from some championship. It was painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Airow View Post

:trollface:
    edited

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    American Football is about as close to Rugby as Badminton is to Tennis.

Chargers Content.

Vincent Jackson is still part of that lawsuit with a load of other players vs a variety of teams that i don't understand at all.

Burnett, Sproles, Cesaire, Floyd, Naanee, Tolbert and our first draft pick (i forget his name) are still unsigned, but we recently resigned Weddle so i'm happy about that at least.

Still pissed off they let LT go last year.

Hopefully we can be the (YPG) No#1 Defense and Offensive again this year, but actually come out of it with something better than 9-7.
    Last edited by Phrixus Zephyr; July 28 2011 at 07:31:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keorythe View Post
    Time outs, challenges, and the amount of time between each play. Unlike soccer, if there was a bad play and those failures you call referrees miss it, the other side can challenge and the play is reviewed. A ruling is made or some such. The same goes for other various fouls. I'm honestly surprised they haven't started doing this in soccer. I've watched the guys almost dribble the ball down their legs or seriously fake a foul and yet it's still played. Think it was two years ago on SHC that someone had an avatar with the lamest highlights from some championship. It was painful to watch.
    because soccer, despite being a pointless abomination of a "sport" understands that its not about the sissy ass players (though they tend not to get that part) but about providing entertainment to the spectators, watching two faggots arguing in the middle of the field is not entertaining, watching somebody get the ball to their 'nads however is.

and i fucking hate soccer to begin with.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Thanks for LT Bro :J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Fuck off eurofags, this is our thread.

Jets content.

Bring me NNAMDI or bring me death! Revis island + Asomugha island = You Shall Not Pass continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolf Miller View Post

Jets content.

Bring me NNAMDI or bring me death! Revis island + Asomugha island = You Shall Not Pass continent.
    that defense will be scary, rex can blitz every single play and dare brady to throw at him

Eat shit!

Signed, Eurofag

Edit: coughcough

more on Fat Albert:
    And Haynesworth's contract, at this point, is very manageable. According to the sports contract website Spotrac.com, Haynesworth is due base salaries of $5.4 million in 2011 and $6.7 million in 2012. In 2013, Haynesworth is due a $20.5 million bonus, so you can be 100% sure the Patriots won't retain him past 2012. So essentially, the Patriots have Haynesworth on a two year, $12 million deal.
    http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/7/28/...belichick-move

no!
    Thank god the stupid lockout is over, can't wait for the next season

Steelers content:
    Ike T staying, guess that means that DBs won't be totally horrible ... Wondering how much they'll pay him tho

Randle El apparently gone, no big loss with how well the young guys have been playing last season

Jets are going to be spending 1/4th of their cap on two corner backs if they go for nmandi... thats a risky move and will hurt them in other areas. Don't they have to re-sign David Harris who is a pretty good linebacker for them? I read they've re-signed Holmes but it seems dangerous to load up so much cap room on cbs.

Anyways looking forward to watching the Steelers and hoping polamanu is healthy