hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 182 of 185 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185 LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,640 of 3681

Thread: GENERAL NFL THREAD (handegghandegghandegg)

49ers have suspended a commentator for the following comment:

He’s really good at that fake, Lamar Jackson, but when you consider his dark skin color with a dark football with a dark uniform, you could not see that thing,” Ryan said on air. “I mean you literally could not see when he was in and out of the mesh point and if you’re a half step slow on him in terms of your vision forget about it, he’s out of the gate.
    I think its a fairly innocent comment/observation (if a stupid one considering American race relations) personally, but I'm across the atlantic and very white so what I think doesn't matter at all.

But the most ridiculous thing that puts this in context is THERE IS A FUCKING NFL TEAM STILL CALLED THE REDSKINS AND APPARENTLY THIS IS NEVER BROUGHT UP WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU AMERICA
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I agree that this comment is a perfect description of the actual facts/circumstances in that specific game, because of rain pouring like hell the whole game and color of all balls therefore turned from that normal a bit orangeish brown into that dark soaky brown, meshing perfect with the dark jerseys the Ravens wore that night and his skin. Which indeed may make it harder for a defender to tell if he kept the ball in a RPO or play action play and thus going after the wrong guy (which the 9ers D did q couple of times in that game).

As for the Redskins: it's a topic for every offseason. Someone is gonna mention it. And depending on the "surrounding" topics, e.g. kneeling during the anthem, it's discussed more prominently at times. But yeah - a name change would do them well, I guess. It's not that the Redskins are performing remarkably well the past two(?) decades, so a rebranding might even help there.

Redskins owner is a total cunt as well.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

BTW, can anyone remember a season in which sooo many backup or even 3rd string QBs played - for one reason (injury of starting QB) or another (starting QB being bad) - on a regular basis?

This is first year I've payed any real attention to a full season, but it did strike me as odd.

Also saw someone on Twitter mention that a lot of field goals are being missed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Also saw someone on Twitter mention that a lot of field goals are being missed this year.
    I can confirm that. It stems from an interestring mix of a) teams being bad at handling players and b) previously reliable kickers all of a sudden being bad/no as reliable as in the past. And there's also a few hurt ones, IIRC.

The one exception to the rule this season: Justin Tucker of the Baltimore Ravens.

a) Quite a few teams cut the kicker with whom they went into the season after he missed 2-3 FGs, only to hire a new (cheap) one off from the street, who than is as "good" as the previous one.

b) e.g. Vinatieri, "Mr. Reliable" and all time kicking points leader, mysteriously missed quite a few already.

Are special teams having more of an impact on games generally this year?

https://nypost.com/2019/10/11/the-nf...s-getting-sad/

Some statistics there about kicking, definitely worse this season

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Are special teams having more of an impact on games generally this year?
    In general, my personal opinion: I don't think so.

But as always there are these teams that take their special team play serious and consider it to be a crucial part of their game (e.g. the Pats) and hence benfit from special team big plays. It also feels like there are more gimmick special team plays (e.g. fake punts/FGs) this season, but I can be wrong on that one. And guess what - of all things, the Dolphins executed a beautiful one:

Something tells me is going to be a very entertaining Super Bowl.

Gonna be rooting for Big Red (Andy Reid) to finally win a Super Bowl.

I won't mind either team winning it to be honest.

Indeed.

I will be OK with whomever wins it. Both deserve to be where they are now, earned the #1 and #2 seed in the season and made it past the playoffs due to being better, not having better luck.

Good luck to both!

Sucks the Packers lost but yeah this superbowl will be a good one

Packers had a great season of ugly winning with a pretty young team and a new head coach. I'm looking forward to next season. Just got to hope Rodgers doesn't drop off a performance cliff.

Hes probably got another 3 seasons in him, more if he follows the Brady vegan diet. Depends how badly he wants it though really.

Well he said this season has made football fun for him again so hopefully that's boosted his motivation. If they pick up a decent receiver or two before next season the Packers are looking good.

The Packers seem to be one of those teams in a very good spot. A young defense already performing well this season, being more mature and experienced next season. A RB who's at least among the top 10 in the league and will most likely perform on a similar level for 2-3 more years. A couple of good additions mostly on the offensive side will make them even better. And they probably don't need to headhunt for star players at those positions.

As for Rodgers: now that he and LaFleur got to know each other, I think/hope the 2nd season will work out better for him.

A decent to good Super Bowl, with two teams that deserved to be there.

With the nice circumstances that a) I like both teams and b) I didn't root for/hate against one of them, I could live with whoever the victor would be and just enjoy a good game.

So congratulations to the Chiefs (and Andi Reid specifically he's a nice dude!). And as both teams seems to be in a pretty good condition and build for the long run, not the quick success (hello my Vikings!), I could very well imagine a rematch in one of the (near) future couple of SBs.

Bye Bye Brady